Does anyone else...

Does anyone else use Mardars?

I use them instead of buying a PaK. Just consider them to be highly mobile, small arms immune, extra ammo field guns. If you do that then you should go a long way with them.

In my opinion Mardars are better than other tanks with equal sized guns.

What do you think?

What I hate is that BTS does not model the Marder II and III nor the Nashorn as having a MG34 7.92 mg, which IIRC they did have.

I guess BTS didn't want to be too terrible historically accurate. These vehicles would be slightly more useful with the mg34 they're supposed to have. At least they could defend themselves from nearby infantry without having to turn the whole vehicle around to fire the main gun.

-John

IMO, the Marder is great for two things: 1) long range ambush (followed by a speedy retreat) and 2) putting some hurt on infantry at long range in the absence of enemy armor.

I'm working on a scenario that replicates a "thrown together" defense on the Cherbourg peninsula, with green occupation troops. It seemed appropriate to have the armor be a Marder III and a couple H39s. smile.gif

On the positive side the Marders are very mobile compared to those semi-stationary AT guns, on the negative side after the first shot they seem to stand out like a thinly-armored sore thumb. I should probably practice some 'shoot-&-scoot' techniques.

Hmmm... Marder/Nashorn machine guns? Doesn't sound familiar.

Ok, The whole reason why I use Mardars is because I play 700 pt quick battles (700 pt so that they don't take more than 2 hours).

They are my best bet for taking out my opponents take. Why you ask? Because they are slightly more stealthy than the M4 (which my opponent constantly uses.

I’m going to start an 800pt, combined arms game where I’m the Germans. I have only 160pts of armor to choose with. I figured I’d go with a Hetzer and a Murder as opposed to a Stag and a Lynx or one Mike. I figure I’ll need something to watch the sides and rear of the Hetzer.

I have 75mm halftracks that can take care of infantry. On that note which do you consider better 3x 250/8 (75mm) or 2x 251/9 (75mm)