Extreme weirdness....what happened?

Very funny thing happened while playing the scenario "Nachut" designed by Berkut. (Great scenario btw)

The vehicle textures were on, I'm not trying to play any tricks this really happenend.

Goal was to exit units off the edge of the map, here is a photo of the exit road:

weird_1.jpg

Now an allied bomber scores a hit the "Exit" Road, here is the photo:

weird_2.jpg

Nothing was visible then all these crew members pop up after the explosion:

weird_3.jpg

One turn later the mysterious crew members seem to multiply or reproduce...those pesky German freaks of nature.

weird_4.jpg

Each of the crew members was from Vehicle-7 which was a PSW. Total crew members adds up to about 20???

That PSW was exited off the board several turns before, any ideas what happened??

Otto

You were allies? I'm not clear on who's who. .a lot of times, if your playing the AI, it will group it's forces almost right on top of each other, and on full FOW, you would see the end results of a bomb dropped on the group just like the picture.

Guest Babra

Ah, the 12th SS Panzerklownische Division returns. What you are witnessing is the rarest and funniest of bugs. It's funnier when they start piling out of an armoured car by the thousand, but yours isn't bad.

maybe this is an honest to goodness bug...

perhaps when a unit exits, the computer just "parks" them beyond the map edge, not visible to any other units but still there, all stacked up.

then the bomb hits the units and they are all destroyed, even though they had "exited".

Guest ckoharik

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Otto Mekanik:

And sorry to all you MOD makers, I still have the original texutures.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You heathen!!! How...but...why...I can't believe...PPPFFFFFFTTTTT!!!

I think the bomb opened up a hole in the ground that enabled the trolls of the underworld to escape. It is merely a coincidence that these trolls are dressed like German vehicle crews. I saw something like this on the X-Files.

[ 05-08-2001: Message edited by: Pvt. Ryan ]

Ellros ,

The AAR doesn't mention successful units "exited", unless there is a way to find out and I'm not aware of it.

Babra,

If it was the 12th SS Panzerklownische I sure wish they would have sent me Elite SS panzerschreks rather than broken crew members....just my luck

The cool thing about units of the 12th SS Panzerklownische is you can mount an entire platoon in a kubelwagon (apparently passenger restrictions don't apply to this unit),have them dismount in a remote corner of the map, and forget about them. Go back in a couple of turns and Presto you have a regiment.

Ellros ,

The AAR doesn't mention successful units "exited", unless there is a way to find out and I'm not aware of it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think he means, if u exited like 5 hts and had none destroyed in the game but the aar shows 5 destroyed or not...

Guest Babra

If the game parks exited units invisibly at the very map edge, this would be bad, especially if the exited units are still visible to the enemy.

But I think it's a recurrence of the panzerklowns. Only the second confirmed sighting that I know of.

russellmz,

Ahhh.. I see.

But have you played this scenario "Nachut"?..... with all the vehicle carnage and allied bombers coming out of my wazzoo and 20 clowns jumping out of PSW's I didn't even think of counting :D

Seriously, its a great scenario with lots of action and vehicles being scattered everywhere. I have played it twice and managed only a draw both times.

Otto

[ 05-08-2001: Message edited by: Otto Mekanik ]

The clown car returns! :eek:

It was a little-known byproduct of German nuclear research. Since that program was guided by Werner Heisenberg, the originator of the famous Uncertainty Principle, it was quite natural for him to derive a method by which the number of crewmen present in a German vehicle, a PSW for instance, to range anywhere from a single soldier to an entire division. The actual number could not be predicted until an experimental operation was performed that opened the vehicle to inspection. Dropping a bomb for instance would open the vehicle to inspection, revealing the true number.

HTH. ;)

Michael

Guest Babra

Well, if we're going to drag the Copenhagen interpretation into this, we will need Schrodinger's Klown to get some empirical data.

Guest Babra

Babra,

Huh??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Copenhagen interpretation of Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle (things exist in all states at all times -- the act of measuring them forces them to adopt a state). Physicists postulated a number of "thought experiments" which could neither be proved nor disproved. "Schrodinger's Cat" was the most famous of the thought experiments.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The more I think about the physical portion of Schrödinger's theory, the more repulsive I find it...What Schrödinger writes about the visualizability of his theory 'is probably not quite right,' in other words it's crap.

--Heisenberg, writing to Pauli, 1926

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[ 05-08-2001: Message edited by: Babra ]

Another one of Hitler's Secret Weapons Run Amok.

Recently declassified captured SS genetic research documents reveal the nazis had successfully developed self cloning SS kubelwagen drivers. The secretive research and developement project was appropriatly dubbed "bugs".

The research paper describes in detail the first and only prototype being created/cloned by combining the desirable genes from 1 standard issue SS kubelwagen trainee (for the crisp new uniform), 1 New York Cabbie (for offensive driving and firearms expertise), and one West Texas Jack Rabbit (strong reproductive instinct).

Unfortunately for the nazis, and lucky for the free world, the war ended before this secret weapon could be used against the allies.

Since there is no historic record of this weapon ever being used, the folks at BattleFront assure us these units will only randomly appear in fictional scenarios.

Yeah right.

Anyway, unlike many of Hitlers fantastical and bazaar secret weapons ideas, this one seems to push the reality envelope to absurdity. No one can really be expected to believe that such a program ever really existed!

Yet I leave you with one question:

Can you think of any other plausible reason why, the post war Germany automobile manufacturing company known as Volkswagon, decided to name two of their most successful products a Bug, and a Rabbit? :eek:

[ 05-09-2001: Message edited by: slate43 ]

russellmz,

Ahhh.. I see.

But have you played this scenario "Nachut"?..... with all the vehicle carnage and allied bombers coming out of my wazzoo and 20 clowns jumping out of PSW's I didn't even think of counting :D

Seriously, its a great scenario with lots of action and vehicles being scattered everywhere. I have played it twice and managed only a draw both times.

Otto

[ 05-08-2001: Message edited by: Otto Mekanik ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds cool! Where can i get it???