What's worse than a Conscript?

Guest Rex_Bellator

Guest Rex_Bellator

When playing against Germans in QB's I like to set the troop quality to random and give the Computer an experience bonus to increase the challenge. I mainly do it this way because it doesn't feel right to me to have defending Germans outnumber attacking Allies.

In 2 recent QB's I have given the Computer a +1 experience level bonus and still faced Conscripts in the actual battle. According to the rulebook Conscripts should be 'upgraded' one level to Green status.

Therefore I think I may have stumbled across the real dregs of the Whermacht who were off the scale until upgraded to Conscripts. Third Reich double-glazing salesmen perhaps?

------------------

"We're not here to take it - We're here to give it"

General Morshead's response to the popular newspaper headline "Tobruk Can Take It"

[This message has been edited by Rex_Bellator (edited 02-05-2001).]

What's worse than a conscript? How about a navy Midshipman? It doesn't get much worse than that.

------------------

Craig

"Only a madman would consider the possibility of war between the two states (France and Germany), for which, from our point of view, there is no rational or moral ground." - Chancellor Adolf Hitler, Oct. 14, 1933

Guest aka PanzerLeader

What's worse than a Conscript?

Two conscripts!

[This message has been edited by aka PanzerLeader (edited 02-05-2001).]

A Precalculus professor

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Guest Michael emrys

Originally posted by PawBroon:

A donut.

A donut??? confused.gif

Michael

P.S. Don't let any American cops hear you say that.

[This message has been edited by Michael emrys (edited 02-05-2001).]

Originally posted by DraGoon:

A brand spanking new Rupert ?

Fresh out of Sandhurst (ROTC for our US cousins), and still in the plastic packaging.

Like a lighthouse in the desert, very bright, but .....!

DG

Any junior officer (Sandhurst trained or not) with a map and compass. The company headquarters mentioned before wasn't attacking the Pz IV - it was just LOST!

Guest Rex_Bellator

ROFLMAO! biggrin.gif

21 excellent replies in less than a day, makes me look forward to work in the morning (almost) so I can log on to this Forum. Don't tell the boss, perhaps this makes me worse than a conscript?

------------------

"We're not here to take it - We're here to give it"

General Morshead's response to the popular newspaper headline "Tobruk Can Take It"