CM Chicago: And Why The Finns Are Ewoks

Just back from the Chicago CM Gathering. Good fun that.

Now, the point of this post. Much time was spent discussing the Überfinns and their ability (unmatched by anyone else) to kill tanks with logs. After careful discussion of the evidence, we have determined that Finns are in fact Ewoks. Since Finns are the only ones that can kill tanks with logs, and we have clear photographic evidence of Ewoks killing 'tanks' with logs, it stands to reason that Finns are Ewoks. Refute that one Slapdragon

There were 7 of us(how magnificent) and there were no pictures taken as one of us is a bit camera shy and wanted no evidence that he/she is still alive. Damn, let that cat out of the bag. How many will suffer from that slip....oh, and it was agreed that 30-40 percent of the people that regularly post here need help; yours truly defintilyl included.

sorry, too much pilsmer druken tongiht. I would hat e to think that some would tink I am the iron chiekf.

[ 10-29-2001: Message edited by: tabpub ]</p>

Hmmm. This makes me wonder what kind of substances You guys had in Your meeting. Let me check on Your theory:

1. Our small country was attacked by Evil Empire (check)

2. Leader of the Evil Empire was sinister tyrant (check)

3. Help came from outside (brrrrrrrrrr - sound of wrong answer)

4. Happy hollywood end (brrrrrrrrrr - siren is buzzing again)

But on the other hand The Evil Empire is no more! And I have a hairy butt! This is getting really compilicated! :D

It seems You really got great time there!

Juha

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>But on the other hand The Evil Empire is no more! And I have a hairy butt! This is getting really compilicated! <hr></blockquote>

I just came from a Halloween party and I'm under this spell of much beer...This probably explains why I find that line really funny.

I'll kick myselfg and edit this tomorrow when I sober up.

Gyrene

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Patgod:

it was halloween? whoa, hey wait isnt that in october.<hr></blockquote>

Time passes really fast. I haven't even noticed that we are in the middle of December. :eek: I have to buy Christmas presents, almost forgot. Thanx for reminding me, Patgod.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>1. Our small country was attacked by Evil Empire (check)

2. Leader of the Evil Empire was sinister tyrant (check)

3. Help came from outside (brrrrrrrrrr - sound of wrong answer)

4. Happy hollywood end (brrrrrrrrrr - siren is buzzing again)<hr></blockquote>

3. Well there were some germans. Think about it, evil empire against the black-clothed rebels.

4. Hey, we're still standing, they are not. ;)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>

But on the other hand The Evil Empire is no more! And I have a hairy butt! This is getting really compilicated! <hr></blockquote>

Hey, I have a hairy butt too! There's no going around it. The theory is faultless.

Originally posted by Jarmo:

Hey, I have a hairy butt too! There's no going around it. The theory is faultless.

Lets not get overly excited with the hairy butts.

Sauna day is coming up and only us Finns go to sauna with other guys butt naked and are still able to ignore the other guys ascessories. Being drunk as skunks does help but(t)...

One more nail to the theory: did you guys catch the new Charlies Angels movie ? The girls talked like Ewoks in one scene and we had to rewind the tape several times to verify that they did speak Finnish in that one scene. ;)

Well, I had enough explaining to my wife to justify going out for beers with guys I share a computer game in common with, but fortunately I do not have to explain to her that I am going to something called "sauna day".

As for the Chicago meeting, much beer was consumed, experiences shared, longing for CMBB expressed, and of course, we poked fun at fellow BTS board denizens. Suffice it to say that I went home and fell asleep in the middle of Band of Brothers.

One lesson learned: the one sure way to clear the bar of CM players in the midst of heated discussion: plug in the damn karaoke machine. I think the first song they were going to play was the ewok victory dance from Jedi.

Originally posted by Spanish Bombs:

but fortunately I do not have to explain to her that I am going to something called "sauna day".

No explanation is needed. Every woman in Finland knows it is merely an excuse to get blastered with friends. If you started blabbering something about a computer game the wives would raise hell but if you are only going to sauna with some friends no explanation is needed. smile.gif

Suffice it to say that I went home and fell asleep in the middle of Band of Brothers.

From a guys night out in the sauna you are not even expected to come home before the morning paper. :D

One lesson learned: the one sure way to clear the bar of CM players in the midst of heated discussion: plug in the damn karaoke machine. I think the first song they were going to play was the ewok victory dance from Jedi.

I would have thought a LAN game of CM would have been more effective. smile.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Juha Ahoniemi:

Spanish Bombs and Tabpub:

I hope You guys kept the Fog Of War about ROW! There is always a danger of information leak while knocking out beers... ;) <hr></blockquote>

:confused: I don't remember that much, especially the last couple hours. We did go over the one scenario in our section that was completed by both of us, and it was resolved that the levels of victory reached by both of us would be about average. Which I was glad to hear, cuz I thought that I had gotten my butt beaten so bad that all the hair fell out, which would have meant my honorary UberFinn membership would have been revoked... :D I think that I am still a little hung over here, I think Rune and Berlislipped me a mickey.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tero:

One more nail to the theory: did you guys catch the new Charlies Angels movie ? The girls talked like Ewoks in one scene and we had to rewind the tape several times to verify that they did speak Finnish in that one scene. ;) [/QB]<hr></blockquote>

The whale hunters in Star Trek IV speak like Ewoks too. I bet neither of these movie 'finns' had hairy butts.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Juha Ahoniemi:

Spanish Bombs and Tabpub:

I hope You guys kept the Fog Of War about ROW! There is always a danger of information leak while knocking out beers... ;) <hr></blockquote>

Don't worry Juha, tournament integrity was maintained. Aside from discussion of the aforementioned scenario which everyone in our section has finnished, we just spoke about generalities, like "That Wild Bill is a real sumbitch", and "This is Juha's secret weakness."

Anyway, there were 5 or 6 other witnesses there, and that would have been a lot of bodies to have to get rid of, even for a couple of Chicagoans.