Is CM2 worth the wait?????

I have been just introduced to the great world of CM. I currently have the demo and find CM has great potential. I am therefore weighing up is it worth buying CM now or wait for CM2. I have read a lot of things about CM2 and understand that additional features and slight graphics upgrade will occur. Also CM2 is in a different time/AO.

I have another question, I am in Australia and would like to know if anyone knows the conversion rate to Aus dollars. This will help in selecting CM or CM2.

If someone would like to sway me one way or the other it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

I Live in New Zealand,so the conversion to US dollars was alittle more damaging to my pocket than it would be yours,ive had CM since it was released.The enjoyment ive had i could not put a price on,a game as such as this for the shelf life you would get,its not worth worrying about a few dollars,you would have it for much less than 150.00 Aus dollars so we are talking Peanuts.Dont worry about the money just buy it.CM2 Will be set on eastern front,so CM will still have its place.

My suggestion buy both.I am i still wont part with the Orginal CM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Auswarrior:

I have been just introduced to the great world of CM. I currently have the demo and find CM has great potential. I am therefore weighing up is it worth buying CM now or wait for CM2. I have read a lot of things about CM2 and understand that additional features and slight graphics upgrade will occur. Also CM2 is in a different time/AO.

I have another question, I am in Australia and would like to know if anyone knows the conversion rate to Aus dollars. This will help in selecting CM or CM2.

If someone would like to sway me one way or the other it would be much appreciated.

Cheers<hr></blockquote>

which front would you like better? obviously if you like seeing brits/canadians/poles/ameris/frenchies kick german butt then CMBO.

other stuff

-has great mods everywhere for almost everything

-has a lot of great scenarios all over

-few bugs and work arounds for a lot of those

if you like seeing russkies kicking german butt, then go for CMBB(the second game).

-will have great mods spaced out over weeks/months

-will have great scenarios all over

-new stuff and features like tank morale, rarity(optional), physical as well as mental states, etc (see CMBB FAQ ), new countries etc.

I think russellmz hit it right on the head. Which would you prefer playing Western or Eastern against the German's? Now I will say this if you only can afford one game this year then I would suggest you wait until CM2 comes out provided you like the Eastern front as well as you would the Western. The reason I say this is from what I hear CM2 will be a little improved over CM due to them learning and changing somethings. Not that you wouldn't enjoy CM for months and months but with all the talk and excitment that is going to go on when CM2 comes out I personally wouldn't want to be playing the old game at that time. Now if you can afford both then I would buy CM now and enjoy it and then when CM2 comes out you can wait until all the bugs are out of it and buy then. Also by then the modders will have come out with all the great mods and the game will even be better. Either way you are in for more fun then you can imagine right now. Let us know what you decide and hope to see you around this forum.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Auswarrior:

...additional features... <hr></blockquote>

Personally, I'd recommend holding out for CM3. That way you not only get the Über-Bren tripod, Boys anti-tank rifle and Digger garrisons at 100% fanaticism [default setting], but you might see more khaki shorts modded for the British Eighth Army.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mace:

(and I'm an Aussie as well)

Mace<hr></blockquote>

This is only hearsay, I believe the jury is still out on deciding just what kind of creature Mace really is.

Oh and for exchange rates try this site

www.rubicon.com/passport/currency/currency.html

Currently CMBO+postage would cost you A$108.27

And don't get put off by the price it is well worth twice that. I have been playing this game since the beta demo was released back in 1999 and it still uses up the majority of my time on the computer.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: Speedy ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Stuka:

Hey Auswarrior, all the cool Aussies, (with the exception of Mace) hang out in the Peng thread.<hr></blockquote>

My fellow *Gack* collegue Stuka *choke* failed to mention that I'm greater than just cool!

Mace

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Titan:

Play me first,Im always keen to kick some Aussie Butt smile.gif

From a mate across the Ditch. (Tasman Sea )<hr></blockquote>

Now, now Titan... no picking on the newbies. Tis not nice. Plus it wont add much to your standing in the Rugged Defence table as kicking the crap out of a player numbered above 300 wont make that much difference. tongue.gif

Regards

Jim R.

Auswarrior,

Get it CMBO now. The rates aren't going to change soon and its well worth the A$.

Personally I'm desperate for CM 2 now that Apple has broken its support with OS 9.2.1 and OS X.1.

Titan - You guys should learn how to play Rugby first before you move onto harder things like CMBO and what's the go with women running everything over there?

personally, i like the western front much better than the eastern or any other front. theres just something about the germans against the americans with the equipment/vehicles that appeals to me more so.

so even when CM2 comes out, ill play it too death, but i hope that ill still have some PBEM players to go against on CM! ill never betray my old friend . . .

Kanonier Reichmann

Well our new look All black squad has just been named,alot of new and exciting players and i reckon they will trounce the Aussies this season.!!!

Well i guess i got alittle excited with the New Aus on the block.Felt like doing the Haka and let out a warcry and deal do some fesh meat. smile.gif

As for women running our country i must say not to many are happy with them now.We have had almost 5yrs women Priministers, and they have overwhelmed our nation with political correctness, For who in the name of god would condem a nations fighter combat wing to death by disbanding it saying we no longer need them with the recent events.Our fighter pilots are some of the best in the world and have been dedicated for many years.All the experince now will be lost to overseas.Most people here are not happy about it,but our lady priminister seems to think its a waste of money and then goes and spends it on 105 of those canadian built top of the line Lav 3,s for our army and they dont even have Amph capability.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Fairbairn-Sykes Trench Knife:

Personally, I'd recommend holding out for CM3. That way you not only get the Über-Bren tripod, Boys anti-tank rifle and Digger garrisons at 100% fanaticism [default setting], but you might see more khaki shorts modded for the British Eighth Army.<hr></blockquote>

Now thats funny!!!!!!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Titan:

Well our new look All black squad has just been named,alot of new and exciting players and i reckon they will trounce the Aussies this season.!!!

Well i guess i got alittle excited with the New Aus on the block.Felt like doing the Haka and let out a warcry and deal do some fesh meat. smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

Springboks mmm, hopefully they will beat/trounce the living daylights out of the French cockerels!!