Wild Bill's Rumblings Of War (con't.)

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stixx, your briefing concerning our game should preserve you from a flareup of RSI, since very little has happened.

Capitalistdoginchina, I'll resend the last turn to you.

Kingfish and I are blowing up vehicles, killing infantry, and doing other things of a martial nature. Further details fall under

the cone of silence.

Regards,

John Kettler

Time for a quick update.

Tom and I are doing a fine job of butchering

squad after squad. Bodies all over the place.

CDIC and I are rolling smoothly and are exchanging fire with enthusiasm and at often frighteningly close range.

Kingfish and I are like two small deranged boys maniacally and methodically tearing the wings from flies. Unfortunately, we're the flies. The battle is merciless, is being fought across almost the entire board, and the casualties, considering the forces, are considerable. Wild Bill is a perverse genius who delights in driving the players mad. The action is ferocious. Keeping my ongoing AAR current is driving me mad, but it'll be good reading if I don't crack first.

Regards,

John Kettler

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

I've an interesting development to report. It appears Section 3 is finished with, "We Can't Wait". They've all played it. Should I give them any information on that scenario?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This must be what an addict feels like. Just a taste, Treeburst, just a taste, and I promise I won't ask for any more...

;)

I don't know about divulging info across sections to all who have completed a particular scenario. This is a great deal of work. Every time a game is completed materials concerning that scenario would have to be sent to the players. Also, all future AARs and scores relating to a scenario would have to be sent to all those who completed that scenario earlier. It's a nightmare really.

I was thinking more along the lines of releasing to Section III the scores of the four "We Cant Wait" games that were played in their section. IOW, just a one time release. They wouldn't get updates on "We Can't Wait" results from other sections.

As a section completes a scenario they would get the scores for that scenario from their section only. This sort of update is very easily done from my perspective. I don't want to do it without checking with you guys first because the vote was for total blackout.

Treeburst155 out.

[ 10-21-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Hi,

I agree that it should only be released if the work burden is acceptable as you have enough on your plate anyway.

I think that it might be better to await the whole groups (section I II and III) before releasing the results of a scenario.

I know that if you just release it to one group then information leak and potential spoilers might upset the balance.

So I would strongly suggest that a scenario result is only released once all have finished playing it.

So I would say NO to just section III getting the info as it might leak out.

That is of course if I have understood what is being suggested.

On a personal note can my last two opponents start my final two games any time soon? My time is running out and I really want to do my best to play all the games.

TB can you confirm the end date for playing games in the first round?

Regards

H

Holien,

You have until January 31st to complete your games. That's roughly 14 weeks.

I agree it is probably best not to release any information to Section III. We'll maintain extreme FOW. It was just interesting how all of them finished that scenario so soon, purely by chance.

As of now I have passed out 63 games (75%). Eighteen of these have been completed, the largest portion in Section III. Those guys are really moving! I've also received 17 AARs from eight different people. Several of these eight have two or three on record. If you don't intend to write AARs you'd better play very well if you hope to win. The choice is yours.

Thxs TB...

Folks please don't write any AAR's they take a lot of time and your time is precious.

So just leave the AAR's to those who have nothing better to do. ;)

(Hmmm I wonder if the will fall for that. Snigger Snigger (Mutley laugh)I certainly need thiose points as from what I gather I am the only one to lose XX as XX according to XX)

As for the end date great I should be able to finish by that date...

Of course for the battles if they have been finished accross all 3 sections, will that be OK to release the info on that scenario then?

Is any scenario close to being finished across all thre sections?

H

Ahhh a Christmas present for us all.

Thxs for the latest file for me and the Rocket Man. I will be planning my moves with him later tonight.

The Silent Nacht game is bloody and I had thought I had seen the worst of WB's evil designs but that has to be the most Horrible so far.

I just hope the others are kinder to me.

H

(Robbie the Robot mechanical voice)

Danger! Danger ! Danger!

Security breach! Security breach!

(back to regular)

Holien has blurted out classified information and breached the perfection of our total scenario ignorance by revealing (gasp!) a scenario name. Wild Bill, please rename the compromised scenario at once. Since he has called me Rocket Man, I shall smite him for the benefit of all of us forced to endure the information blackout.

(sounds of towing vehicles pulling in, trailers being unshackled, the rustle of covers being removed, rounds being uncrated and slid into launchers, primed, etc., all to a steady bark of German orders)

(relative calm returns, followed by the scurrying of many feet)

CUT TO

Werfer Regiment CP

Regimental CO

"Schwerpunkt Holien, mein Werfer Regiment!

Drei. Zwei. Eins. FEUER!"

(sky's spectacularly blackened and burning as all 54 launchers let fly at once, each launcher emptying in ten seconds)

CUT TO

FO post overlooking Schwerpunkt Holien in the distance as seconds later Schwerpunkt Holien, Holien and hundreds of meters around are blasted to bits by the almost simultaneous arrival of 324 15 cm. Nebelwerfer projectiles.

(FO observes scene of utter devastation through scissor rangefinder and radios)

Holien ist kaput!

(Robby the Robot voice returns)

Security breach neutralized.

Regards,

John Kettler

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Kettler:

Kettlers' alternate reality snipped<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh dear :eek: Maybe you should give the writing of the AARs a break for a day or two :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

I have your AAR for "We Can't Wait"...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

STOP STOP STOP!!! [Clamps hands over ears and begins running away] LA LA LA LA... I CAN'T HEAR YOU... I DIDN'T HEAR THE NAMES OF SCENARIOS I HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED YET... LA LA LA LA... :D

Seriously, these kind of comments belong in private e-mail until the tournament is done. ;)

[ 10-22-2001: Message edited by: redeker ]

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

What possible advantage or disadvantage could accrue from knowing the TITLES of the scenarios??

<hr></blockquote>

Because with a title like "Silent Nacht" it tells me that it's probably a nighttime Bulge scenario, giving me a heads-up to work on my night-time snow tactics.

It's not that big a deal, really. It just reduces the intensity of my love/hate relationship with the wonderfully complete fog of war surrounding this tournament. ;) As a matter of fact, I think a case can be made to rename the tourney. "WBW's Fog of War Tournament". :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by redeker:

Because with a title like "Silent Nacht" it tells me that it's probably a nighttime Bulge scenario, giving me a heads-up to work on my night-time snow tactics.

<hr></blockquote>

BUUUUZZZZZZ.......wrong answer!

It's a raid by Finnish ski troops against a Russian supply column somewhere near lake Lagoda. What's really cool is the way the horses panic once the heavy arty...Ooops, I've said too much already. Sorry redface.gif

Treeburst155, for someone who fears rockets as much as you do I fear you weren't paying sufficient attention to what just happened to poor Holien. I have several reloads available for the entire Werfer Regiment. Scenario silence is golden!

JonS, I never said what you "quote" me as having said.

Tom just sent me another movie. What a bloodbath!

Regards,

John Kettler