I'l tell you what I want, what I really, really want.....

Is for god-damned huge bunches of f-ing reinforcements to arrive organised into platoons and companies rather than bloody great blobs that take 20 minutes or more to sort out!!

Grrr.......I'm almost through sorting out the US inf battalion reinforcement in "We fight or die here", let alone deployed it!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

Shouldn't you follow that up with..."It is to laugh".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, that's Daffy Duck you're thinking of there. ;)

Yes, it would be nice for reinforcements to arrive in some sort of organized fashion. Someone posted a tip last week that enabled you to control this, but I think it was a joke. Maybe BTS can work on this for CM2.

Guest Babra

The GOOD scenario designers can help out with this by having the reinforcements arrive over several turns by platoons, and at slightly separated locations, instead of a gigantic charlie foxtrot which tries to arrange itself around a pinhead.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Babra:

The GOOD scenario designers can help out with this by having the reinforcements arrive over several turns by platoons, and at slightly separated locations, instead of a gigantic charlie foxtrot which tries to arrange itself around a pinhead.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well this scenario was designed by Franko, so I suspect he had his reasons (namely conforming to historical accuracy ;) ) do bring in the battalion reinforcement...

Chris

I try to bring in a platoon at a time, but there are only so many reinforcement slots. Even sorting out a company at once can be a pain. It would be nice if the platoons in a company or battalion could be grouped together

Fixing up disorganised units so they're back in some semblance of order. That's staff work isn't it? Thought it was an essential part of an all-round general's little backpack of skills.

It would be nice to have a command to move a selected group to a point instead of moving every unit in the group relative to the highlited unit's path. Call it 'Move to Point.'

Example:

Select a whole scattered platoon by clicking on the HQ unit, then issue a 'Move to Point' command, which makes every unit in the platoon move toward and eventually gather at the destination point.

You could sort out your messy throng of reinforcements, but it would take a little time.