I did sign up for the newbie tournament! Read this!!!

I finaly got only a minor victory, I was careless with my armor and two tigers, one panther, two MKIV's, and one King Tiger showed up, they hurt me, but then I charged them with a Chafee, which confused them and I jamed the Tigers gun with my own tank and shot the hell out of the King Tiger right next to me(he could not traverse his gun through the tiger) and I totaly destroyed two tigers, one K. tiger and one MKIV. Does it get any better? However, they got my pershings I left in the road. I signed up for the tournament, and Im looking forward to some nice ass kicking. What else have I got to do, I dont wont to go back to work yet.

How long does a pbem game take, like three months? And any hotshot out there, who is good, let me know, because I will bust you up. Combined arms, overlapping fields of fire, this is the game I was always meant to play. Damn, Im just like patton, casualties for victories. tongue.gif

CG,

When you returned your questionnaire to me, it was assumed you agreed to the tournament rules. One phrase in those rules comes to mind: "Trash talking will not be tolerated..."

This is a tournament for people who would like to get their cyber-feet wet. I don't think taunting is a very good way to encourage this.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CombatGeneral:

Damn, Im just like patton, casualties for victories. tongue.gif <hr></blockquote>

If you try that in the typical underflagged CMBO battle you will be in for a surprise :)

You should do something to convince people that your commitment is stable enough to finish all the games in the tourney. These activities are not robust against players dropping out. (BTW is the newbie tournament based on unbalanced battles?).

two tigers, one panther, two MKIV's, and one King Tiger showed up, they hurt me, but then I charged them with a Chafee, which confused them and I jamed the Tigers gun with my own tank and shot the hell out of the King Tiger right next to me(he could not traverse his gun through the tiger) <hr></blockquote>

You charged 6 german tanks with a Chaffee?

Sounds pretty gamey to me.

In fact, it sounds very gamey to me.

Why didn't you just pack some jeeps with 'zook teams and rush them forward? Thats what Patton would have done.

How long does a pbem game take, like three months? And any hotshot out there, who is good, let me know, because I will bust you up. Combined arms, overlapping fields of fire, this is the game I was always meant to play. Damn, Im just like patton, casualties for victories. <hr></blockquote>

Did you already play the 10+ people who replied to your post about 2 weeks ago? You asked for opponents to 'whoop up on' and a dozen replied. How did those games go? did you win them all?

:eek:

And any hotshot out there, who is good, let me know, because I will bust you up. Combined arms, overlapping fields of fire, this is the game I was always meant to play. Damn, Im just like patton, casualties for victories. tongue.gif <hr></blockquote>

I'll give it a try if you're still looking for opponents. My win ratio is better than 1/2, if that qualifies me as a hotshot player who is good. I don't believe in combined arms all that much, I tend to go heavy on infantry and support and light on armor and arty, so with your combined arms strategy you're sure to beat me. beigelemon@yahoo.com if you're interested.