Panther A Mod, Italy 1943/44

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the ceiling on mods had been reached, but you just raised it up another level. Kudos!

Can you perhaps create a little how-to guide for us, so we can attempt something like this?

I work at a graphic arts firm, so I have access to wonderful scanners, all the latest photo/paint programs, etc. You said you scanned in photos or images from books? Which ones? Did this images/illustrations cover the whole tank, or did you have to create anything from scratch?

If you can show us how you did it, I'll try and take a crack at some of the other models!

-Joshik

Again, thanks everybody!

But I must repeat that actually my work wasn't that hard or that I really don't have any superpotential powers like many of very good modders have in the CM community.

I guess that all the credits should go to the guy who draw that tank on the book! wink.gif

All I had to do was to scan the pictures, and try to fit them on the Panther A *.bmps.

Brightness, saturation, etc had to be adjusted but it didn't took too long.

I hope the results will be ok, and I'm very happy you enjoy the tank, but really I don't deserve the credits!

Audace,

As I promised in my email to you (BTW, thank you VERY much for emailing me a copy), I just wanted to commend you publicly for creating what I think is the finest mod I have yet seen. This is simply breathtaking! Thanks again! And start scanning some more pictures, because you have really raised the bar with this one.

Claus, IIRC, there was at least one major difference in the glacis of the D and A. The latter (except perhaps for the initial units which just had the turret revisions, not sure about that though, need to consult my Jentz book) had the ballmount MG, while the D just had a firing slit for an internally stored MG. It appears that this mod just has the firing slit.

[This message has been edited by jgdpzr (edited 03-07-2001).]

Guest Mikey D

I'M IMPRESSED.

Even got the early A 'letterbox' mg opening and proper drivers hatches, and... let me check... YES! The correct style AusfA engine deck too!

You are THE MAN!

Guest barrold713

Impressive adaptation of your scan.

I would not mind getting a copy emailed to me at barry713@home.net

thanks for your efforts.

BDH

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

Amazing. Audace, you did a great job, outstanding. It really looks like a picture. I am impressed.

Same here: if you do not have a place for the MOD please send a copy to seahawk_vfa201@yahoo.com

We'll be seeing some others too from that precious book of yours?

Audace: congratulazioni. Come primo risultato è eccellente. Difficile immaginare cosa può venire fuori dopo con più esperienza!

Save me from drowning in my own drool and email it here <a href=mailto:mudansha@dingoblue.net.au>mudansha@dingoblue.net.au</A>, if its not going up on a web server soon that is.

Any chance of doing the same with the Tiger?

[This message has been edited by Pud (edited 03-07-2001).]

Rick, I don't if it went through, but I sent ya some cleaned up files. I cut and pasted and flipped the details from the right side of the hull-top over to the "shadowed" left side. I then did a little cloning touch up to remove the mismatched lines.

Here's the original look:

View?u=1304730&a=9683026&p=43069649&Sequence=0&res=high

Note the dark areas around the left side of the turret and rear deck.

Now here's the fixed version:

View?u=1304730&a=9683026&p=43069651&Sequence=0&res=high

Note the cleared up area now.

I have sent off these correct files to Rick. So hopefully he'll add them to his zip before he submits it to a site.

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

"I do what I likes, and I likes what I do."--Darrell Hammond (portraying Bill Clinton), SNL

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 03-07-2001).]

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

Please send me a copy (can you break up the file into 3 or four please? Hotmail won't take files over about 400k) at mr_bill_jr_5@hotmail.com

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army