what the hell is my member number?

back in my day, we didn't HAVE member numbers!

Now, everyone can see if you are a newbie or an old timer!

Just saw that i was 1002! Must be because I re-registered in Jan of 2000 when all the accounts got squashed (or whenever that was)

ObCM comment - Haven't been by the forum in a really long time... but CM2 looks GREAT. I'm really excited about it now.

Jason

[ 09-04-2001: Message edited by: guachi ]

A guachi drive-by! How's that FAQ? The only downside to the board these days, really, is the near-demise of the Search function. After one of the great crashes it never really came back... just sits in the corner shaking and sobbing... we need Matt to slap the helmet off it and send it back to the lines.

Gentleman guachi,

Now that you have ample time scrounging around this Forum, how about you finishing up your excellent CM: BO Excel unit Database spreadsheet to version 1.12?

I've been mailing the current (incomplete) wunder database to all and sunder here!

Regards and welcome back,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

--------------

At first there's nothing but a sour bunch of beads hanging. Time passes, the sun ripens them, they become as sweet as honey, and then they're called grapes. We trample on them; we extract the juice and put in into casks; it ferments on its own, becomes wine. It's a miracle!

-- Nikos Kazantzakis, Greek poet and writer (1885 - 1957)

well you all have it wrong, the member number is broken fromt the first digit to the last 4th (even if you don't have a 3rd and 4th digit)

mine is 2110

the first number is the amout of hours you spend per day explaining to the wife or girlfriend/life friend unit that lives with you why your playing CM again and not fixing that ie. "door, sink, anoying cat of hers" the second number is the amout of days you spent in the dog house per week because you make some lame exuse to her about playing.

The third digit (and boys this is where we shine to those nobs with only two digits) is the number of weekends we get away playing CM every three months and not going to Mom In-laws or Brother/sister In-laws dying of boredom. Cuz they wouldn't know what a 88mm Pak 43 can actually do to a Sherman Tank, eventhough hull down at 1100m 38º armoured slope!! What's the point in going if they don't talk about stuff like this.

A no digit in this area means you get draged to every family event and dull friends place to hear them talk about cute things like childeren, monthly cramps and new hairdoo styles found in vouge.

The four and final digit is a dangerous one it's the number of the dreaded times your wife/girlfriend/life friend unit threatened you in leaving if you contine to play "that" game... a no digit here means something worse it means she/he/it will hammer you faster with seperation papers then you can say "woot hunny!! My Greyhound took out that TIGER you got to come see this!.. hun?"

[ 09-04-2001: Message edited by: mensch ]

42 may be the ultimate number, but 23 is the number that fnord matters. Read Robert A. Wilson's Illuminatus trilogy and all shall be revealed. Or better yet fnord don't.

The "member" number 23 was held by someone styling himself "Archer," but he is long vanished. Coincidence? Don't be too sure.

Someone you know is one of us.

[ 09-04-2001: Message edited by: Hakko Ichiu ]