The CMBB "rush"

Deuce

I have formulated the following equation which describes the behavior of the CM community on the day of CMBB's release.

A + B = C

where:

A is the seeming endless supply of die hard CM fan.

B is lack of a pre-order option.

C is the effect of 400,000 people logging onto BTS server in the space of 2 or 3 seconds.

Perhaps we should take this thing in waves, don't want to clog the beachhead smile.gif

I'll volunteer to wait until the first or second patch is released. That way I can enjoy reading all the bitching about the bugs and not be distracted by the desire to play the game myself. :D Considering the rush they will have in the beginning I wouldn't be surprised if someone who ordered 30 days after the release gets his game just a few days after the last of the original orders anyway.

Treeburst155 out.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrew Hedges:

The only fair thing to do is to fill orders in alphabetical order by username<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not that I'm being biased or anything, but it should be done by age, or any other method that results in my being able to post an order well before the majority!

Mace

Good observation Treeburst, I handn't even thought about that. Surely as soon as the servers recover from the shock of the initial ordering they will be once again burried in bug reports. I'll have to work that into my calculations.

on a side note. no offense to Mr. Treeburst himself, but the term "tree burst" has always made me chuckle (you know, lightly, to myself) because it sounds like some sort of sexual dysfunction. You know, impotence, premature ejactulation, treeburst.

I dunno.

It makes me laught.

[ 09-25-2001: Message edited by: Deuce ]

You mock my nickname?! How dare you! The name is Treeburst155, not just Treeburst. As far as sexual dysfunction is concerned, that's what your men will experience if they get caught under one of my 155mm treebursts. THAT'S what inspired my name; the mass castration of enemy forces caused by heavy artillery exploding in the trees. Don't cross the mighty Treeburst155, Acey-Deucey. tongue.gif

Treeburst155 out.

Acey-Deucey? ah, so that's how it's going to be. Very well. smile.gif

I'll have you know that my men are not afraid of your conifer conflagrations or your detonating deciduous. Nay, it is your men who will be climbing the fragmenting ferns when they are set upon by Deuce’s Dogs of War.

As a note: You have obviously displayed the limit of your WWII hardware knowledge today. Where you a bit more enlightened you would realize that the insta-castration warhead was only used by the Germans (in response to a British grenade that set fire to peoples underwear*) and was fitted on a 120 mortar, never a 155. It was banned by international agreement shortly after the war. The peculiar lack of squirrels in the Ardennes is largely attributed to treebursting of such munitions.

*incidentally, this is why underwear was eventually phased out of the German uniform. Little known fact.

;):D

[ 09-26-2001: Message edited by: Deuce ]