CM2 FAQ - All You Wanted to Know but Were Afraid to Ask

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bump . . . but also, a question. smile.gif

Will the Russian T-44 be included? I just saw a picture of one at THE RUSSIAN BATTLEFIELD website under Medium Tanks, and it looks real cool. Sort of ahead of it's time, cool. (Even even looks like an American M-60, from the 60's.) Says it came out in '44.

What was this tank all about? Did it have limited production? Was it a failure of a tank? It looks like it has a low shilouette, plus sloped turret. Should be a hard piece to hit . . .

Any info would be appreciated. smile.gif

Thanks,

Gpig

Hi all,

After a long time on leave, I'm back at the front looking forward to my transfer to the Eastern Front. ;)

BTW, here's a quick pole:

When do you think CM2 actually will be ready:

a) early December 2001

B) X-mas 2001

c) Jan-Feb 2002

d) later

Best regards,

The Adder

adderlogo_tn.jpg

[ 08-20-2001: Message edited by: The Adder ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

[QB]Whew, this was a lot of work!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And well done.

I have a couple of questions - will it be possible to combine forces/vehicles from CMBO with CMBB? I'd like to be able to at least simulate something like Korea and in order to do that, I'd need to have Soviet, US and British vehicles.

I'm also wondering why the JSIII was included when according to the latest Russian sources, in reality it did not arrive at the front before the end of hostilities and only appeared in the victory parade in Berlin in very small numbers (less than even the 18 of the Sturmtiger).

I'm glad that there is finally a proper hull-down "seeking" facility. I find it a real pain trying to position vehicles/guns on the reverse slopes of rises in order to achieve this in CMBO (usually getting it wrong and having them sitting on top).

I also wonder if it might be possible to include some proper fortifications visuals - such as slit trenches, gun positions, etc? I find the use of a hole "painted" on the ground disconcerting, with the troops/gun sitting on top. I'd rather see some ramparts with perhap even revetting included.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brian:

And well done.

I have a couple of questions - will it be possible to combine forces/vehicles from CMBO with CMBB? I'd like to be able to at least simulate something like Korea and in order to do that, I'd need to have Soviet, US and British vehicles.

I'm also wondering why the JSIII was included when according to the latest Russian sources, in reality it did not arrive at the front before the end of hostilities and only appeared in the victory parade in Berlin in very small numbers (less than even the 18 of the Sturmtiger).

I'm glad that there is finally a proper hull-down "seeking" facility. I find it a real pain trying to position vehicles/guns on the reverse slopes of rises in order to achieve this in CMBO (usually getting it wrong and having them sitting on top).

I also wonder if it might be possible to include some proper fortifications visuals - such as slit trenches, gun positions, etc? I find the use of a hole "painted" on the ground disconcerting, with the troops/gun sitting on top. I'd rather see some ramparts with perhap even revetting included.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's see, to answer your first question, sorry the two games will be incompatible and CM2 will cover only East Front 1941-45. About the only way you'll see Aliied units will be through the lend-lease program in the Soviet force.

As for number 2, I believe the last word on that was that it might get included since it was in production by war's end, even though it perhaps never saw action.

Number 3, there WILL be trenches, laid in the same manner as barbed wire is now, and perhaps some other fortifications as well. I don't know how the graphics will be done, but I suppose they will be "painted" on like foxholes are now.