Guess which tank survived this duel........

Its from the scenario " A walk in Paris "

Spoiler screenshot

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

v

A duel between a Sherman and a Panther tank.

At this moment they have no LOS yet.

There are several other tanks nearby.

cm0040.jpg

btw i am still busy with this scenario, its very exiting and i have lots of fun with it smile.gif

Monty aka Moose

[ 08-15-2001: Message edited by: Monty ]

ok, here is the answer:

The Sherman ( Sgt. Sanchez ) reversed a few meters.

The Panther turned and drove to the next street.....where another Sherman popped up ( you see him drive at topspeed at this picture)

cm0044a.jpg

btw Shandorf is right about the fast hull turn of the Panther.

The turn of the hull combined with the turret turn can scare the hell out of you when you think you got an easy side kill with a Sherman.

The Panther can turn his muzzle in about 5.5 second 90 degrees this way.

Anyway, the second Sherman (Sgt Aubron )was buttoned due to a wounded TC.

That caused a very late spotting of the Panther right in front of the Sherm when he raced round the corner.

cm0045.jpg

Both tanks fired at the same time, the Sherm hit a track which immobilized the cat, the Sherm was knocked out.

Next turn Sgt. Sanchez Sherman raced forwards and stopped behind the wounded Panther who started to turn the turred.

But because the hull could not turn, it turned tooooo slowly ( not much btw )

Here is the kill shot:

cm0047.jpg

btw Sgt.Sanchez had to abandon a few turns later his Sherm due to a hit of another Panther.

Monty aka Moose

[ 08-16-2001: Message edited by: Monty ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by von Lucke:

Ok, only one question: Since when is Sanchez a French name???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good question smile.gif.

Before the release of CM, BTS asked for lists of surnames for the game. I know Joël Montagu did send a list for the Free French army ; it was based on a specific unit (can't remember which one) containing many Spanish, plus many others nationalities.

I think it is fair for France to remember all the ones who fought under the tricolor flag, coming from the colonies by example.

In A Walk in Paris, there were US units present.

I played this battle as Gerry, and was able to raced 2 panthers up to the front in a hurry. I positioned the 2 panthers on either side of the intersection, much like Monty's first picture. The whole French column was wiped out in 10 minutes. The US column was wiped out by 1 panther shooting at 1500 metres.

[ 08-16-2001: Message edited by: YECoyote ]

well, if it was my sherman he would hunt out into the open and target on his own some MG 500m away while the panther slowly turned its turret and brewed up my sherman on the first shot!

if it was my panther, the sherman would roll out, target my panther, and my panther would never target it back. it would just sit there while the sherman shot 10 hits, and the last one hit a weak point KO my tank!

thats how my games go!

Geepers, Paris looks rather run-down in that game!

'A Walk In Paris' was the first scenario I did when I got the game, I was bowled over. Have you noticed out of the piles of downloadable scenarios nobody seems to have constructed any 'big city' scenarios? Makes me want to go home and concoct a fictional 'battle for the Antwerp railroad yard' scenario!