Ideas for new scenarios, vote here...

Here are a list of ideas. I would like you to vote on which one you like the most. The idea with the most votes will come into existence the others well... you will never know. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

(1)have a very small map. start off with the two sides opposite each other (not in los), small town in middle. make the exit zone sides friendly so ai is agressive. then have a small force engage for the town in middle. then have reinforcements come in every few minutes using all five reinforcement slots. so a massive firefight develops for that small town.

(2) make a scenario based in hell. lots of smoke. tall spikes jutting up. bombers to simulate the wrath of the old school, old testament deity. no wate of course. and no blue skies either!

(3) a scenario with EVERYONE's name in it, not ~30 like the one i emailed everyone. then set then in a cramp first person shooter type map with an allied or germ tank (limited to whichever is most equivalent)

(4) have a scenario divided by cliffs into four equal sectors. in each sector have the same kind of forces fight but over different types of terrain. one would be open, one heavily forested, one hilly, or whatever. try and win all 4 sectors.

(5)

How about a SCN that has Comabt meet the Rat Patrol. We have jeeps with .50's. Lets se if they can do the damage they did on the show. That and recover from being shot in the head.

(6)Try a Pont du Hoc scenario. I'd really like to see how Rangers are modelled. I thought someone was working on one a while back but apparently I was mistaken. There is one that presently exists, but the terrain at the top of the cliff in that scenario just doesn't cut it (nothing but brush .. no built up emplacements, blah, blah. also, the designer used "regular" 44 rifle squads. I would think that Rangers should be modelled as "crack" units, at the least, probably with a sprinkling of "elite" troops as well.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its up to you guys to decide

Vote for only one please. For more info see "The Scenario Zone taking requests" in the Scenario board.

Hey! You stole my idea! I am currently working on a combination of the first and fifth, where a meeting engagement develops between the recon forces of the Ami's and the Germans in a small rural village.

It also gets progressively larger with reinforcements, but I am still trying to keep it down to a smallish size. Sort of a short story or novella of battles as it were.

[ 07-16-2001: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Hey! You stole my idea! I am currently working on a combination of the first and fifth, where a meeting engagement develops between the recon forces of the Ami's and the Germans in a small rural village.

It also gets progressively larger with reinforcements, but I am still trying to keep it down to a smallish size. Sort of a short story or novella of battles as it were.

[ 07-16-2001: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know its your idea. You posted it remember.

:D I took these I ideas for the post I referred to.

[ 07-16-2001: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

[ 07-16-2001: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wait a second. i suggested the town reinforcements thing as an option. i think i DID steal that idea about the reinforcements going after a town from you but didn't remember it. my bad...

Okay here is a BRAND NEW idea:

What about a battle between the Axis vs the Allies with a bunch o tanks and soldiers and things that go boom! It could be a toss up who wins, you know, like whoever does better or somefink.

Maybe it could be in a town, or even better, in the woods. Or maybe just rural. We could get the Axis to be the Germans, and maybe hmmm, the Amis for allied. Or maybe Brits... or French... or Poles.

Wow, this really is starting to sound good. Has it ever been done?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by russellmz:

oh yeah: i vote hell. <big><big><big># 2</big></big></big><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ask Germanboy for a copy of "The Afterlife"... it's there. Don't know if it ever saw the official light of day, but it should.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Okay here is a BRAND NEW idea:

What about a battle between the Axis vs the Allies with a bunch o tanks and soldiers and things that go boom! It could be a toss up who wins, you know, like whoever does better or somefink.

Maybe it could be in a town, or even better, in the woods. Or maybe just rural. We could get the Axis to be the Germans, and maybe hmmm, the Amis for allied. Or maybe Brits... or French... or Poles.

Wow, this really is starting to sound good. Has it ever been done?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah it's called Quick Battle =P

Actually I was thinking of making a totally gamey scenario involving 3 hills with German MG bunkers and some HMG's...and lots of American rifleman.

Thanks Franko. I thought I had remembered someone working on one from several weeks ago, but I couldn't find the post looking back through a month's worth of posts. I posted a thread in the "scenario talk" forum seeking confirmation concerning Pont du Hoc.cmb but received no replies.

Can't wait to try it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

I don't know if someone has done one already, but I read Donald Burgett's "Seven Roads to Hell" the other day and the battle for Noville sounds like it would make a good scenario or operation.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Already done. Wild Bill's 'Team Desorby' is an operation, and depicts the actual fight for Noville, while the scenario '7 roads to hell' depicts the American retreat from Noville and the German attempts to cut them off. I have both, so just e-mail me if you want them.

Since my suggestion didn't make it into the shortlist, I'm going to demand a recount and a removal of all votes that didn't arrive before 3 weeks ago and I'm going to discount the votes of anyone who isn't white.

This is "Democracy Corner" isn't it? :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Franko:

I am almost through with my Point du Hoc scenario, entitled "Just Beyond Overlord".

Franko<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im glad to hear it. I played the one from Appui Feu and though the map was rather nice, the Rangers were modeled as regulars, which I wondered at. If you need a beta tester or just feel like sending it to me when its done I would be grateful -most happy - to receive it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Soddball:

Since my suggestion didn't make it into the shortlist, I'm going to demand a recount and a removal of all votes that didn't arrive before 3 weeks ago and I'm going to discount the votes of anyone who isn't white.

This is "Democracy Corner" isn't it? :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you want the republican corner. take a turn to the hell scenario and ask to see Beelsebub, their main supporter.:Þ