Announcement: CMBO Invitational PBEM Tourney of "Stars"!!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

I just ventured into the Cesspool and discovered they have nominated TWO people to represent them in the tourney. I will let them get away with this since they have total disregard for rules, procedures, or any sort of orderly way to do anything.

[ 06-15-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While what you say is true, I hasten to bring a point of order to set matters straight. Herr Winecape, himself, unbeknownst to you, offered the pooligans a second invitation to the invitational ... prolly as a way to get the gits off their dead asses.

Hi Adam,

There are no eliminations in this tournament. It's more like a mini-ladder that will eventually end. You will play one game against every other participant whether you win or lose. This tourney will be going on for a long time since everyone has to play so many games.

Aahh at last a chance to renew a tight gripped throttling of at least one notably scurrilous character. ;)

I must say that I was proud to be included in such a group of...shall we say...ill repute? Being perhaps a quasi-lurker in the CM forum I may not be known by some or have played others but I promise to leave my boot tracks across everyone on my way victory.

Cheers

Murray

(Claymore)

Invite only?? Please......

If you are feeling leftout folks head on over to http://www.tournamenthouse.com

There we are having a huge tourney 64 people...first come first served.

One loss and you're gone. Sweet prizes from BTS, WWII Tank Prints...and some computer hardware.

You don't have to be a "Star"(sic).

In other words your wittyness in the Peng thread, or lack their of will still get you in ;)

And everyone knows WineCape and Treeburst will never invite anyone form TH to their tourney cause they and everyone knows one of us would win the whole goddamn thing :cool:

So come on over test yourself against the best CM players in the world. If you are a

witty player who posts alot lobby Treeburst to get in his tourney. If you think you got game, make your way over to TH and tangle with the best. :cool:

And before you scream "gamey" here are the parameters for each round. http://tournamenthouse.com/tourney/CM/rounds.htm

If you wanna test yourself against the nastiest competition in the CM community. Come on over.

Invite only,indeed :mad:

Ghost358th

Moriarty,

Yeah, WineCape let me know right after he waded into The Pool with that offer. I was just taking a cheap shot at The Pool since it seemed like the right thing to do. :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No shot at the Pool is ever cheap

Hello Jshandorf,

Your confirmed competition to date is as follows: Michael Dorosh, SuperTed, MickOZ, Fionn Kelly, Bill Hardenberger, Martin "Moon" Turewicz, Fuerte, Ari Maenpaa, and Berli.

I don't think you will have to spend half of every night taking your turns. There will be lots of summer vacations and other real life situations that will keep things down to a leisurely pace.

Treeburst155 out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately, this is so. I will be doing real life Army training this summer from the middle of July to the middle of August. Definitely looking forward to this though; Treeburst, I've actually logged a few PBEM wins since you and I tangled last. Will you be one of the active competitors?

Moriarty,

Yeah, WineCape let me know right after he waded into The Pool with that offer. I was just taking a cheap shot at The Pool since it seemed like the right thing to do. :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the only kind of shot we serve to you fly-by-night visitors. Warm Budweiser, too. We save the good stuff for ourselves.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ghost358th:

And before you scream "gamey" here are the parameters for each round. http://tournamenthouse.com/tourney/CM/rounds.htm

If you wanna test yourself against the nastiest competition in the CM community. Come on over.

Invite only,indeed :mad:

Ghost358th<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quick battle maps? Yuck. How come no one ever has infantry-only tourneys? Or premade scenarios? I can see that you have map-rejection as an option, but that doesn't really solve the problem, even if it does recognize that it exists.

Treeburst showed me one of the maps he made for this tourney - much better than a randomly created QB map.

M. Dorosh,

No, I won't be playing since I'm putting up the $50 bonus prize and will also be handling any disputes that might arise. I'll also be busy compiling a nice set of stats as the tourney progresses and posting them here. Things like total score, games played, average score per game, average score of opponents and whatever else I can come up with that might interest players. I've also got to make a bunch of maps. I've got 12 done right now. I'm afraid to figure out how many I'll need. I'll just keep plugging away at the maps while you guys are playing.

Madmatt!! Do somefink! The Pool is bothering me again. :eek:

Treeburst155 out.

Invite only?? Please......

If you are feeling leftout folks head on over to http://www.tournamenthouse.com

There we are having a huge tourney 64 people...first come first served.

One loss and you're gone. Sweet prizes from BTS, WWII Tank Prints...and some computer hardware.

You don't have to be a "Star"(sic).

In other words your wittyness in the Peng thread, or lack their of will still get you in

And everyone knows WineCape and Treeburst will never invite anyone form TH to their tourney cause they and everyone knows one of us would win the whole goddamn thing

So come on over test yourself against the best CM players in the world. If you are a

witty player who posts alot lobby Treeburst to get in his tourney. If you think you got game, make your way over to TH and tangle with the best.

Invite only,indeed

Ghost358th<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Ghost. You are what some lesser lights might call a "mook." It is typical of the uninvited to pooh-pooh the invitees. It shows only that you are less than half a wit and more like a steaming pile of wit for you to come here and piss and moan and cry and golly gee and ghostificate about who killed who. You are probably an avid consumer of Bud Lite or Coors Lite or some other abortion "beer" or god forbid you think "white zinfandel" is a potable concoction. So instead of being a big horrid cry baby why don't you just have a nice warm cup of shut the hell up and go on with your idiot drooling and stop irritating your betters?

My god but you ugly american teens and your foaming at the mouth really is just about too much to bear. Vlad the impaler had the right idea for dealing with your type.

Oh, and if you are "feeling left out" why dont you just take a big goddam spike and smack it into your fat ugly head with a rubber mallet for god's sake. Or better yet, just get a willing adult to buy you some boone's farm apple wine and a .45 and blow your worhtless brains out?

Just go away, spirit boy. You are worthles and weak and your pitious whining and faux chest thumping is giving us a headache. For the love of god will you please please please die of unnatural causes soon?

Gah! ARE YOU STILL HERE? I will have to have a word or two with Berli about this.

Die a lot now

Peng

edited to rid us of those effing emoticons. scum.

Speaking of infantry only tourneys I'm seriously contemplating giving players the choice of using Panther 76 Rules with no mines, bunkers, pillboxes, or air allowed; OR the Recon Rules with light tanks allowed. The Recon Rules make for an interesting change of pace and infantry plays a larger role. I could even give players a 3rd option for their games with infantry and 81mm only, for a pure infantry fight. No vehicles or armor. Any feedback on this from participants would be appreciated. Do you guys want restrictions on your purchases? If so, I'm open to suggestions. Keep in mind these battles will be meeting engagements.

Treeburst155 out.

By George looks like I struck a nerve!

Peng himself felt the need to address me and the threat of TH.

Sorry if what I said hit a little to close to the mark.

Yet I see that what I said does not ring hollow or you would not have dragged out the almighty Peng to unleash his barrage of insults.

It is ok Peng, it is common knowledge that no high level of play goes on amongst the Poolers. Indeed, they really dont enjoy playing anymore as near as I can tell. You all live for your little Peng thread hurling insults and being witty.

Infact it has become more important to be a witty and good insulter, then it has to be a good player.

Run back to your thread. And tell yourselves again and again...We are so witty smile.gif

I am so good at insults smile.gif I have a reoccuring thread named after me ! Yippee!

Hide behind your insults and witicisms, do not venture forth from the safety of the Pool to actually play *tisk* a TCP game.

I predict no poolers will show at the tourney, but I was not trying to reach the likes of them. It is obvious poolers don't actually PLAY CM. tongue.gif

Ghost358th

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Am I not suppose to use these lest I offend some Pooler. LOL.

Speaking of infantry only tourneys I'm seriously contemplating giving players the choice of using Panther 76 Rules with no mines, bunkers, pillboxes, or air allowed; OR the Recon Rules with light tanks allowed. The Recon Rules make for an interesting change of pace and infantry plays a larger role. I could even give players a 3rd option for their games with infantry and 81mm only, for a pure infantry fight. No vehicles or armor. Any feedback on this from participants would be appreciated. Do you guys want restrictions on your purchases? If so, I'm open to suggestions. Keep in mind these battles will be meeting engagements.

Treeburst155 out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are going to set limits, just provide the troops with the map (but please, keep it historical). Otherwise, let the participants work it out between themselves... we are, after all, fairly experienced at this ;)

Ghost358th,

Your #3 status on the TH ladder is very impressive. Perhaps you would like to take out some of your hostility and resentment at not being invited on me in a TH ladder game.

(I am on the main ladder and the CAL ladder).

After all, I'm the one that didn't invite you. I'm afraid I can only do PBEM since I can't free up a large block of time, but I'd sure like to see what kinda stuff the #3 ladder man has. Whaddaya say? Email me with a setup if you want to show me what ya got.

PS Please don't hassle the People of Peng on my thread. You'll get it locked up. You see, the Cesspoolians aren't really responsible for their actions (and posts). You and I are, or we would be one of them. :D

Treeburst155 out.

Infact it has become more important to be a witty and good insulter, then it has to be a good player.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wake up and smell the humus fartbreath. It has always been more important to be witty and a good insulter then it has to be a good player.

Shows how much you know, sheesh.

It is ok Peng, it is common knowledge that no high level of play goes on amongst the Poolers.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I resemble that remark. I believe it is safe to say that All worthy Poolers are HIGH when they play. AND we know that is an accurate historical simulation of behavior by the actual combatants in WWII. Right, Iskander?

Damned Grogs don't know anything...

Greetings all from the Orient,

My Chance to get my name in lights at last, its good to be aboard.

Allow me to introduce myself - I am the team leader of "China The Red Army" (Number 1 team)at the Rugged Defence team/country ladder:

China the Red Army

I shall gladly represent the far east in this tourney.

I am currently in the top 10 over at the RD ladder and i hope to give you all a run for your money. I prefer to play without any rules - a mans game, but i can also play with whatever rules the tourney manager may apply smile.gif

Capitalistdoginchina

Best wishes,

CDIC

I am a troll. No one is any good but me. Only my tournament matters. All other tourneys, games, and threads suck, but me and mine.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No one "dragged out the almighty Peng". You can only summon your own inner Peng, by being a spiteful, selfish simpleton. Your standing in the ladder is because your opponents would rather surrender than read your childish drivel. Leave this place.

Berlichtingen,

My original thinking was to allow purchase restrictions to be worked out by the participants. This is spelled out in the invite letter. Nobody has really expressed any burning desire FOR restrictions. I just thought I might be doing the players a favor by shortening game negotiations with imposed purchase restrictions.

So, I have two votes not to limit purchases. I'd love to hear from more of you on this.

CapitalistDogInChina,

My apologies to you, sir. I should have mentioned your accomplishments on the RD ladder when I announced you. I feel bad about neglecting to do that.

Email from WineCape to Treeburst155:

Please quote verbatim and post the following in my name on

the Stars Invitational thread for me: Just mention that I am

out of the country because of soccer duties (and have no

Internet access except via my mobile)

In response to Ghost's reply...

Ghost, in all due respect, please read my very first post of

this Invitational thread again. You will gather that by the

usuage of the words 'stars' and 'invitational' we mean the

following:

'Invitational' = Nothing special in itself. Just to differentiate

from the first-come-first-serve variety. Impossible to invite

those *we* want to honour if in the latter tourney form.

'Stars' = (again, note the quote marks) People/Forum goers

that Treeburst155 and I regard (of course subjectively!) as

OUR Stars. Just the fact that they ACCEPT our humble invite

makes them STARS in our eyes. Nothing more nothing less.

They were invited because they were either competent

PBEM opponents, or because of contributions they made to

the forum in general or to CM in specific, or because, even

though they were so-so PBEM players, Treeburst155 and I

thought that it will be an honour for US to invite them due to

their decency and sportmanslike behaviour. In short, from all

walks of the forum (Pengers included!)

We would like these combatants to participate at a leisurely

PBEM pace over several months with custom made maps.

Granted, it is impossible to invite even ALL those

Treeburst155 and I consider to be 'Stars', for whatever

reason we, subjectively believe them to be Stars in our

opinion -- and may I add that there are PLENTY here on the

Forum to choose from.

So please don't feel slighted just because you or anybody

else has not come up in OUR subjective invitee list that we

have drawn up to honour those that WE, again subjectively,

believe have contributed to this Forum or to CM.

As a matter of good faith, I personally extend an invite to you

to participate in our small tourney.

One Caveat:

--- Your invitation is conditional based on how many people already invited choose to participate. We will accept no more than twenty. If we do not reach that number by Wednesday you will receive an invitation. The chances are very good that you would get in.

Ghost, do I have your confirmation of your willingness to

participate then?

To all those that graciously -- and not so graciously, but still

in good faith (The Pengers) -- agreed to play in our 'Stars'

Invitational tourney so far, you have our sincerest

GRATITUDE. Thank you.

May the winner be *enriched* in CM tactics, wine as well as

that omni-present factor..... FUN!

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

Out of my country @ the moment!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Yet I see that what I said does not ring hollow or you would not have dragged out the almighty Peng to unleash his barrage of insults.

Infact it has become more important to be a witty and good insulter, then it has to be a good player.

I predict no poolers will show at the tourney, but I was not trying to reach the likes of them. It is obvious poolers don't actually PLAY CM. tongue.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The individual posting such clearly has a misapprehension* about the Winecape Invitational Tournament, and this thread.

The gentlemanly Winecape and Treeburst155, their tournament, and this thread, are in no way affiliated with (or excessively contaminated by) the Eternal Peng Challenge Thread.

They were simply courteous enough to come by and invite our members to send forth some participants. As my father always said: Courtesy costs nothing. You might stop and consider that occassionaly. Do you a world of good when you grow up, and might save you some pain in the process.

As for your contentions regarding Peng Challenge Thread members and playing CM; well, lad, children worry most about keeping score. Adults generally play for the enjoyment of the game. And what you see on the Peng Challenge Thread is a community (however odd) of people interacting firstly, and keeping score rather as an after thought.

Now, I ask that the Peng Challenge Folk that wander in here read, rather than turning Winecape and Treebust's thread into a home away from home, and ignore Ghost538. People who spend a lot of time posturing and shouting their score, like most children, want attention. Doesn't matter if it's positive or negative attention, they just want it.

Thanks to Winecape and Treeburst155 for their patience and gentlemanly behaviour.

And remember, all, we have a homeland. Out here, we are guests. ;)

*this is a courteous way of stating 'is as thick as two short planks laid atop each other.'

;)

[ 06-17-2001: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Yes, to finally understand the Mutha Beautiful Thread is an exhilarating experience. It took me months to get to the point where I said to myself, "Self, you know where these people are coming from now." Once The Pool is understood, it is easy to accept it's existence. Once you've accepted the Mutha Beautiful Thread you learn to love it, just like you love that cute little puppy that just crapped on your new carpet. :D

Now I forgot what I was originally going to say here. Ah well..........

[ 06-17-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]