Hey, Mr. Tambourine Man, Play the Peng Challenge For Me

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mace stands mute on the "white-gilled humpy" charge, though. Doesn't look good.

Let's see...

Specific challenge? Check.

Sounded off like pair in place? Roge.

Tried not to be a moron? Well, the trying's the thing... check. Something fishy about this one, though...

This needn't stop us from despising, deriding, and defenestrating the pest, but at least it read the rules. It exhibited more vowel movement than at least one sanctioned kanigget has been able to muster, and took on an individual as opposed to certain party-crashers who bravely take on a concept (sig lines).

I am seriously considering using Pawbroon's entire last post as a sig line in the future.

By gawd MrFour, it seems even funnier as your sig line than it did in real life. That has got to be some of the finest 'broonan blather ever brooned by Paw or otherwise. The work of a true champion wordsmythe. No wonder Dame Emma loves him so.

edited for hateful ubb code effects

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: MrPeng ]

Wow, there is something... fishy about this thread. It is almost like old times, but I was never here in the old times (snicker-snack) so I guess it is only like the old times as I can vicariously imagine them through the senile ramblings of my once-and-foreveremore-liege Sir Seanachai of the Flaming Sword of Truth.

A million ghosts of starved German Soldiers haunt the back-alleys of the twin cities with their hollow eyes ever glancing to the north. Let me quote: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>"...you can also crack tubes on a number of Blues with them, rack up an impressive stringer of Walleyes, and have a truly impressive sing-song with them first, but in the end, you find yourself needing..." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's just too much! Please, I said my little pubescent girl jab as a joke, let's not make it glaringly obvious how true it is. I doubt Mr. MarketIV will be visiting you no matter how many rainbow trout you promise to pull in for him. Sheesh.

Perhaps our Kenai Peninsula friend is a little more suited to your silver-skinned tastes. And what's more, since you are now squireless (and I DO truly regret that I got no farewell cake, nor even a firm handshake and an "attaboy") you could take our salty seaman in hand.

With the wit and vinegar this deep, and with the added BONUS of a lot less Joe 'n' Mrspkr to go around, I better start drinking now! Perhaps I can pull something conceptual out of my ass.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Some drivel about how he finds the fish oh so scaly, but somehow exciting to touch. And how thier little soulful eyes arouse and excite him.....quite strange really<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First you must perform this quest before I can assess your worthiness *giggle* *chortle*.

You must first do battle with someone of low peerage, the battle will be a MBT sponsored game.

Fellow Kinniggits, can someone please volunteer a squire or serf to assess this SSN, and nominate a challenge.

If no challenge is forthcoming I will nominate my own Recon by fire, which I certify to be so grogless as to be suitable for any Cesspool tournament.

Mace

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: Mace ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>With the wit and vinegar this deep, and with the added BONUS of a lot less Joe 'n' Mrspkr to go around, I better start drinking now! Perhaps I can pull something conceptual out of my ass.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>[serious]Ook![/serious]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Well ... yes ... apparently you went to the right place for your ... uh ... conception.

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mace:

First you must perform this quest before I can assess your worthiness *giggle* *chortle*.

You must first do battle with someone of low peerage, the battle will be a MBT sponsored game.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a good idea, if any squires are up to the task. I wasn't quite aware of the rules against challenging knights to a battle, so hopefully I offended a few.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dalem:

Whaat's a brailer bag?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A brailer bag is a large sack used to hold fish. Now lets see if anyone knows what a white-gilled humpy is.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Perhaps our Kenai Peninsula friend is a little more suited to your silver-skinned tastes.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm from Kodiak, ya nong!

I wasn't quite aware of the rules against challenging knights to a battle, so hopefully I offended a few.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never fear, we will always find you offensive!

Mace

First of all, I don't like fish.

Zeroth of all, this 109 Gustav character quoted me in his post. Quoted me. Can he do that? Can SSNs do that? Are there non-rules for this? Can I be awarded damages? Am I the party of the first part? Am I the accused? Am I the friend of the court? Am I the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?

And to begin with, I don't like fish.

Kodiak, pshaw! Ya ain't a man until you been to the Elbow Room in Dutch Harbor. Hell, Kodiak, yer still practically a WARM WATER fisherman. You prolly head south outta Kodiak((Snigger)) and go for the Tuna.

Look man, next year try going UP into the Bering Sea where the frigid arctic water laps at your kneecaps and where you keep an eye out for PACK ICE in July.

See, bub, you ain't a man 'till you spend two weeks in Pack Ice pulling POLAR BEAR duty w/ a 30-06 every night (which is 24 hrs, southerner.)

The may call me a kanigget (I'm still not sure why) but I challenge you, NOB, to a battle for fishing rights.

O' Powers that (may) be (I mean you this time, Mace) cook us up something SWEET. In fact, how about giving our tuna-catcher a bunch of assault boats and make it alot o' water for him to cross. I want to see if he can swim, too.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

im confused :confused:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let a senior deal with this Panzer Leader.

Captain Wacky, I understand your confusion, that is an attribute of you mental capacity.

Now walk with me...see this object? It's what we call an 'EXIT'. It's a way of leaving.

Clear? Good.

Now look, you can open it like this - *opens*

now just stand in front of it here...like this - *moves the Captain in front of the exit*

Now ready for a really big adventure? Why don't you go outside and see what happens?!

*Shoves Captain Wacky through the door, then slams it*

Suitably dealt with, methinks

Mace

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Kodiak, pshaw! Ya ain't a man until you been to the Elbow Room in Dutch Harbor. Hell, Kodiak, yer still practically a WARM WATER fisherman. You prolly head south outta Kodiak((Snigger)) and go for the Tuna.

Look man, next year try going UP into the Bering Sea where the frigid arctic water laps at your kneecaps and where you keep an eye out for PACK ICE in July.

See, bub, you ain't a man 'till you spend two weeks in Pack Ice pulling POLAR BEAR duty w/ a 30-06 every night (which is 24 hrs, southerner.)

The may call me a kanigget (I'm still not sure why) but I challenge you, NOB, to a battle for fishing rights.

O' Powers that (may) be (I mean you this time, Mace) cook us up something SWEET. In fact, how about giving our tuna-catcher a bunch of assault boats and make it alot o' water for him to cross. I want to see if he can swim, too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're on! Beating you will be about as much of a challenge as a fish picking contest with a one armed man, but hopefully Mace will whip up a map with enough scenery to form a background for the scene of your troops running away in terror so I have something to look at in between issuing the ocassional command.

Hey Sir Lorak! Please to wipe the dead bugs off the windshield and score it

dalem: 99

Panzer Leader: 1.

Now, to be fair this was a tiny little scenario that PL cooked up and asked me to playtest with him, and I really don't think it was a fair setup for him, but I said I'd count it, and by Gum, I'm counting coup on this one.

Besides, since I'm about to be stomped by both Marlow and OGSF I need anything I can get.

Have I mentioned how much I hate historical scenarios? Have I mentioned how much I hate all of you? Have I mentioned that I hate fish?

but hopefully Mace will whip up a map with enough scenery to form a background for the scene of your troops running away in terror so I have something to look at in between issuing the ocassional command.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yes!

I can gaurantee that this scenario follows the fine tradition of such masterpieces like Crodaburg, etc. And I can guarantee that someone will be running away in terror.

Muhahahahahahahahahaha!!!

It's on it's way!

Mace

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuka:

Yes, the stronger the Oral the better, but go easy on the teeth if you don't mind.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Teeth are there for a purpose, mainly chewing...... so I agree Stuka, the stronger the Oral the better, every morning, before bed, and sometimes in the afternoon is my usual Oral routine....... :D

BIGREDsmiley.gif