New unit for CM2

After watching Enema at the Gates I think I have discovered a new unit for CM2. I think BTS should consider including the German Propaganda/Official announcement Bullhorn unit. It is quite clear from all the movies recently made that Bullhorns were issued to German units at company level. Perhaps the Bullhorn units can just target an enemy unit with the possibility of causing immediate panic or surrender. Messages such as "The Statue of Liberty is Kaput" and "Surrender now and you can see your home again" would be heard during the movie sequence whenever the Bullhorn unit "fires".

All Germans on defense should also be equipped with that alarm noise that can be heard at every German installation during World War 2 whenever they are being attacked - "Where Eagles Dare" etc. It would just sound during the first few minutes of any scenario when the Germans are defending.

------------------

When we were in the Bocage country we were assaulted by them Tigers ... you know what I mean by assaulted huh? WELL I MEAN ASSAULTED!!!!

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Assuming I had

a) the SPR DVD

B) a DVD player

Yes? :P

Michael: you mean that you weren't there the day they issued the DVD player and disk to us CM freaks? That's too bad man, you have to read your Plan of the Day more often! biggrin.gif

If such a unit would be included, demand would rise for the infamous Soviet "vodka-dispatcher". You know, that guy in the platoon who always knows where exactly to get a stash of hard liquer for the boys?

When successful, Soviet troops would no longer be affected by the German propoganda official and instead yell profanities like "Da poshel tai na hui! Ne vidish mae vaepivaem?" in his general direction.

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

the Commisar said:

If such a unit would be included, demand would rise for the infamous Soviet "vodka-dispatcher". You know, that guy in the platoon who always knows where exactly to get a stash of hard liquer for the boys?

All this bullhorn and vodka crap pales into insignificance compared to the absence from CM of bagpipe units biggrin.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.

Yes, we need more taunts! What about squads running out of ammo in the heat of the battle? Instead of just sitting there, they would start taunting enemies nearby and mooning in their general direction. Perhaps squads could have a taunt modifier, and if they are lucky, the enemy could brake or more often only be shocked.

And of course everything would be in outrageous german and scottish accents.

Or the squad draw all enemy fire within LOS towards them when taunting. Kinda Wing-Commanderish. smile.gif

Griffin.

Originally posted by Hurricane:

Yes, we need more taunts! What about squads running out of ammo in the heat of the battle? Instead of just sitting there, they would start taunting enemies nearby and mooning in their general direction. Perhaps squads could have a taunt modifier, and if they are lucky, the enemy could brake or more often only be shocked.

And of course everything would be in outrageous german and scottish accents.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Get the CMSOD at Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/

I seem to remember that some time in the past I saw an interesting documentary. It was produced by a gentleman named Monty Python (a Brit, I think). It seems that the British Army had a unit that would run through the battlefield chanting a phrase in German. The Germans as a result were incapacitated (in some cases killed) from laughter.

Does CM model this unit? Please do somefink!

Speedbump

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Assuming I had

a) the SPR DVD

B) a DVD player

Yes? :P

Well, I have both (as gunnergoz said, they came with the initiall release of CMBO), but I don't know how to record wav files from a DVD. It's probably easy, but I am too lazy to figure it out.