Hi-res Waffen SS mod ready

My other thread about this had a weird title and didn't get a lot of attention from the modsluts, so I'm announcing my latest mod again! Hi-res camo uniforms for everyone's favorite overpriced hamsters with, like my Fallschirmjäger, multiple helmet textures. The pack also contains options for switching between camo and field grey trousers. Collect 'em all!

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

I've sent them to Tom and Manx, although the e-mail to Manx got bounced back last night. I'll try to resend them when I get home from work this evening.

Ok, I know the jackboots (as seen w/grey pants) were'nt that common by 1944, but they look cool and that's what matters! If enough grogs squawk I suppose I could make a pair of pants with gaiters and low boots. smile.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Ummm, call me crazy, but isn't that just a slight repaint of the stock textures? Or has the gear belts and stuff been improved? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This mod is NOT a repaint of the stock texture. All of my mods are created from scratch, using the finest materials available. ;)

Seriously, I created every texture either from color or b/w photographs of real equipment or by painstakingly rendering it in Photoshop. Not only are the "belts and stuff" all new, but so is everything else, and in hi-res to boot.

The camo does represent the same autumn oak leaf pattern as in the original CM.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AndrewTF:

This mod is NOT a repaint of the stock texture. All of my mods are created from scratch, using the finest materials available. ;)

Seriously, I created every texture either from color or b/w photographs of real equipment or by painstakingly rendering it in Photoshop. Not only are the "belts and stuff" all new, but so is everything else, and in hi-res to boot.

The camo does represent the same autumn oak leaf pattern as in the original CM.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, fair enough. Which in this case, I'll be anxious to try it out. Just grabed your FJ uniform and it's pretty cool.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>anyway I WANT THE MOD NOW!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa! Patience!!! ;)

It should be available at Combat Missions and Tom's HQ shortly. Until then, some more screenshots to whet your appetite.

ss3.jpg

ss4.jpg

ss5.jpg

Shots are from the great scenario "Death of the Titans." Don't worry, no spoilers involved.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Hey, had to see it to believe it. Great work on the tunic. However I used DD's pants instead. Same basic color and look, just had DD's wrinkles in them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Muhaha I love Maximus' guarded compliments: "Overall it is brilliant, but this detail here is awful." :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hey, had to see it to believe it. Great work on the tunic. However I used DD's pants instead. Same basic color and look, just had DD's wrinkles in them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's ok, I'm not offended...well ok, maybe a little ;).

I did make a conscious decision not to add wrinkles to the pants (a la DD) since IMHO when the texture gets applied to the leg the wrinkles cease to look like wrinkles. Maybe I'll experiment with the texture some more.

DD's BMP file does look nice and detailed though, and it's the one I used before I made my own.

BTW, in case anyone hasn't noticed, you can download this mod from Manx.

I find that the wrinkles on the stock pants just above the boots just make it look like the guy was wading through a pond and has soaking wet pant legs. These ones look much better. Hard to get the pants to look right in any event.

The autumn camo is beautiful, but kind of out of place with the summer background - I back up the other votes for Oakleaf and summer schemes!

Has anyone tried to do web equipment rather than leather? Would seem to go with the late war camo better.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

The autumn camo is beautiful, but kind of out of place with the summer background - I back up the other votes for Oakleaf and summer schemes!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oakleaf and summer schemes have my vote

:D

SS Peiper