Hi-res Waffen SS mod ready

Whattaya mean "where do I get them"? Just turn the current autumn smocks inside out, just like the originals. Do I have to tell you people everything?!? ;)

Seriously, I only just did them in response to the M. Dorosh, et al's begging smile.gif. As soon as I finish the camo pants I'll send them to Manx to be part of v1.5 of my hi-res Waffen SS uniforms.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

I can do a batch file set for them.

I just whipped up a icon for the fall smock using a 32 x 32 selection from the smock itself and then overlaying the SS symbol over it.

[ 06-13-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool. As a Mac user I'm kinda batch file ignorant--is this something that you can send to me as an e-mail attachment so I can include it in the next release (I just have to finish the camo pants)? If you could include some instructions for the readme that would be great, too.

smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Hey I figured out a way to subdue these uniforms. I clicked up twice on the "green gun" and then thrice on the "blue gun".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Max ,

there are several ways to get there: to subdue Andrews new uniforms I used a simple saturation plugin for my Paintshop Pro and changed the overal color saturation to 85%. Thats all.

Cheers

Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Cool. As a Mac user I'm kinda batch file ignorant--is this something that you can send to me as an e-mail attachment so I can include it in the next release (I just have to finish the camo pants)? If you could include some instructions for the readme that would be great, too.

smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, however, I'm going to a meeting tonight, so it might be a while till I can whip up the batch and stuff.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom:

Hi Max ,

there are several ways to get there: to subdue Andrews new uniforms I used a simple saturation plugin for my Paintshop Pro and changed the overal color saturation to 85%. Thats all.

Cheers

Tom<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Question: are PC users finding my mods too bright? They look pretty subdued on my system (Mac 8600/G3 w/Radeon), especially since I tried to get them to look good with all the subdued mods I'm using. If the general consensus is that they're too bright--maybe due to the gamma difference between Macs and PCs--I can try to tone them down in the future.

Question: are PC users finding my mods too bright? They look pretty subdued on my system (Mac 8600/G3 w/Radeon), especially since I tried to get them to look good with all the subdued mods I'm using. If the general consensus is that they're too bright--maybe due to the gamma difference between Macs and PCs--I can try to tone them down in the future.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, they even looked too bright in the screenshots in this thread, so I guess YES is the answer to your question.

My system:

AMD 1.2GHz Athlon

64MB Geforce 2 GTS

Wow! I haven't seen clothing production like this since Kathy Lee Gifford started up her line...you wouldn't be an 8 year old mexican boy would you?

Question: are PC users finding my mods too bright? They look pretty subdued on my system

look great by the way! You could always incude a regular version and a sub-sub-dude version if you wanted, that would take care of both camps and from the sounds of it wouldn't be much extra work. Options are always nice.

Now I would like to shamelessly put a second vote in for the SS Feldgrau after you do the winter camo of course! smile.gif

Great work Andrew! Nice to see another Mod star on the rise.

Mord

[ 06-13-2001: Message edited by: Mord ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mord:

Wow! I haven't seen clothing production like this since Kathy Lee Gifford started up her line...you wouldn't be an 8 year old mexican boy would you?

Now I would like to shamelessly put a second vote in for the SS Feldgrau after you do the winter camo of course! smile.gif

Great work Andrew! Nice to see another Mod star on the rise.

Mord.

[ 06-13-2001: Message edited by: Mord ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha :D No, I'm not an 8 year old Mexican boy. And the rumor about my mods being produced in a sweatshop in Bangladesh are unfounded!

I am working on a field grey set for both Heer and Waffen SS. It's proving to be kind of time-consuming (the camo is actually easier to do) but it will be out eventually. At this point I don't plan on doing a winter set, as I think Fernando's mega-cool hi-res snow outfits fit that bill pretty nicely.

Andrew ,

I think it´s nearly impossible to present a mod that fits with all personal preferences ( bright , subdued or whatever )of the CM crowd and since it´s very easy to change things like saturation or brightness of the bmps I wouldn´t care about that.

Keep up the great work

Cheers

Tom

Question: are PC users finding my mods too bright? They look pretty subdued on my system (Mac 8600/G3 w/Radeon), especially since I tried to get them to look good with all the subdued mods I'm using. If the general consensus is that they're too bright--maybe due to the gamma difference between Macs and PCs--I can try to tone them down in the future.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Question: are PC users finding my mods too bright? They look pretty subdued on my system (Mac 8600/G3 w/Radeon), especially since I tried to get them to look good with all the subdued mods I'm using. If the general consensus is that they're too bright--maybe due to the gamma difference between Macs and PCs--I can try to tone them down in the future. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andrew, Mac monitors are quite a bit brighter than PC monitors.

If you have Photoshop use Adobe Gamma or the Monitors Control Panel to calibrate your monitor, then go to View>Preview>Windows RGB to see what your pics will look like on a PC monitor (Roughly) or you could change the Gamma value (Middle value) in the levels adjuster in Photoshop .20 down to get the same preview result.

If you don't have Photoshop, a similar Gamma adjustment in your apps' Levels slider will work for a preview also.

Gyrene

[ 06-14-2001: Message edited by: Gyrene ]

Thanks Gyrene. I got kind of confused there, but maybe it's the darker gamma of the PC monitor that's making the mods look more saturated. Actually, I think I'm wasting too much time and energy thinking about this--I think they look fine as is, which is why I made them the way I did :D .

Now, if someone wants to desaturate them--heck, convert them to grayscale!--I don't care. It's, as Tom stated, a matter of personal preference. I'll just continue to crank them out.

Thanks Gyrene. I got kind of confused there, but maybe it's the darker gamma of the PC monitor that's making the mods look more saturated. Actually, I think I'm wasting too much time and energy thinking about this--I think they look fine as is, which is why I made them the way I did :D .

Now, if someone wants to desaturate them--heck, convert them to grayscale!--I don't care. It's, as Tom stated, a matter of personal preference. I'll just continue to crank them out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, don't worry about the gamma and saturation on your end, Andrew. Just like I said, it was pretty easy to subdue them after I had masked out the web gear.

And I think you're probably right, the darker gamma would most probably be the culprit in making the uniforms look over saturated on PCs. So just pump out your uniforms and we'll do the rest. :D

I

Andrew, could you make me some nice cotton slacks, maybe tan or slate - you know, something summery and a little dressy but not too formal. I could also use a nice warm-weather sport jacket or a blazer to go with the slacks. You don't have to worry about a shirt though, since I already have one or two good ones to wear. I don't need a helmet either.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UniversalWolf:

Andrew, could you make me some nice cotton slacks, maybe tan or slate - you know, something summery and a little dressy but not too formal. I could also use a nice warm-weather sport jacket or a blazer to go with the slacks. You don't have to worry about a shirt though, since I already have one or two good ones to wear. I don't need a helmet either.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, only virtual clothes here I'm afraid, and you HAVE to take the helmet. Maybe a nice aloha shirt and bermuda shorts mod would do for a REAL summery feeling--forget green camo.

:D