WIFE TAKES GAME! Man devastated. sniff.

Hi.

Sad day my friends. Last night, my wife had enough. She snapped. Took my combat mission disk away. Hid it. I'm greatly saddened.

In a way, I'm ok with it. Need more sleep, anyway. I had actually broken a promise to her about never playing the A.I., and only playing PBEM games. So I kind of deserve it. (Can't be breaking promises to the missus, eh?)

Who am I kidding. I'm on the verge of a major malfunction. Need my game back. (Breath, breath . . .) Addict.

Somebody help me . . .

Sad day my friends.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

see that's the problem....

here's the solution....

This has always worked for me....

On just some random Wednesday or Thursday build it up that you have a ton of work. Ignore the work (which you don't have) and spend the evening with your wife. Make it special and do things you don't normally do (clean up after Dinner, etc).

Then, suggest that she call her friends and that they go shopping for the day on Saturday....She'll agree trust me...They always think that's a good idea...

Then, when she's shopping, find you game, grab it, and play it. Make a copy of it, and put it back....Then:

1. She won't know the difference between the demo and real game

2. You'll have proof you don't have the disc

3. You can still play

4. Your "missus" won't be pissed

5. She'll appreciate your gesture

You can't lose!

Come to think of it....maybe this should be an article for Operation CultureK...entitled...

Wife Got your game?

The Art of CovertOps for CM Disc Recovery

hehehe

Keith

------------------

Operation CultureK

Check it out today for Great Combat Mission Content!

Guest wwb_99

But for the time being, you can at least join network games. Spawning is a good thing.

I also suggest looking into a locking case.

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.

Tell her FINE then. Since CM is as good or better than sex and you can't have your fix.

Either A) wear her out or B) if she enjoys that to much tell her you need to get it from somewhere else it's getting to be all the same with JUST her. wink.gif But be carefull this has known to backfire if the Mrs in on the kinky side. biggrin.gif

Or you could buy another copy and never let it out of your sight. Tell her you have to work late and stay at the office and get your fix.

------

"Who put orange juice in my orange juice" W.C. Fields

Tell her your going to take up horse back riding to replace your CM hobby, and then come home with a leather riding crop in hand, (demonstrating how it slaps into your other hand while holding it visibly). Casually remark how you like the sound it makes. One or the other of ya ought to be able to figure it out from there.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Recent photo of me and the Missus...note the heavy grip she has on me...there was a PC with CMBO running only yards away at the time. You can't see the ball and chain on my ankle from this view...(actually she's a pretty good sport.)

[This message has been edited by gunnergoz (edited 03-01-2001).]

Originally posted by jd:

Hmmmmmm Shopping trip = > $100+

New CD from BTS = $45 + shipping

No brainer biggrin.gifB]

No Way! $100...come on....Women may spend that much, but by the time you tell them what you like and what they look good in, they are returning over half! Besides, you could also suggest something like...go out to lunch....go out for coffee...there are many less expensive out the ladies kinds of things...

So...I'm sticking to mine. Women also have an amazing ability to know when you get something in the mail. I got a Credit Card bill in the mail yesterday and my Fiance, who doesn't live with me and has a different credit card provider....knew I got mine. It was uncanny. I also got a tin of Mrs. Fields Cookies and the second she walked in...she smelled cookies...So I bet a woman would know when that package was coming in the mail!

------------------

Operation CultureK

Check it out today for Great Combat Mission Content!

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Gpig,

Your wife just sent me a setup for a 1500 pt QB, should I accept?

Nyuk, nyuk.

Watch out . . . when you least expect it, she'll whip out her big guns and render you silly faced. wink.gif

Thanks for all your helpful suggs.

Loved 'em. Guess they'll be all I'll have to keep the small dying Combat Mission related nugget of hardened synapses firing away maddly in my battle hardened nub of a brain, all these cold winter nights.

I think my wife might soon regret her actions when she realizes how useless I am without my CM fix.

Looks like I'll have to take up cooking, or vaccuming.

No!

That would only reinforce her in her belief that stealing CM CDs is OK.

Pick up some hobby she hates instead. Buy lots and lots of plastic models of your favourite tanks, and "forget" to close the glue tube. Naturally, you have to be in the living room for this.

Or start brewing your own beer in the bathroom. That's smelly and takes a lot of space.

smile.gif

Sten

Better yet,

Take your addiction elsewhere and convince her you are going to become a raging boozer.

You need help and CM is your Sugar-Daddy!

Either that or simply break down and cry like a broken man until she gives in, woman are suckers for that. Hell that's how I got her to say "Yes" in the first place....OK maybe I said too much....

Wife? I can't speak about that, but I think I used to have one of those girlfriend things, back before I discovered CM. And come to think of it, there were these people who acted an awful lot like parents.

Why not take up Unreal instead? Your wife will get grossed out by all the blood and carnage, and will be happy to give you CM back.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

When she is around and is expecting your attention because of all the time she has "freed up" for you, just sit in front of the computer and weep uncontrollably.

She is bound to give in.

Jeff

------------------

When nuclear weapons are frozen then only freezers will have nuclear weapons.

It's amazing how many marital problems can be solved by a little advance planning. Take me and my girlfriend. I established my reputation as a video game addict and total sleazebag with her right from the very start. Over months I cultivated this image while we were dating. Actually, this was the easy part, cultivating the image. I just had to be myself. I ignored her to play Half-Life, was late for rendezvous because I was downloading terrain mods, farted in bed, etc etc etc. Once she was good and indoctrinated, it was much easier to make a good impression on her. For example: Sometimes I stop playing CM for 1 hour and play with the kid instead. My girlfriend is so incredulous that I would stop playing video games for ANYTHING, that the 1 hour playing with the kid makes a KILLER impression on her. This makes her think that maybe, just maybe, I might someday be more than just a shapeless blob hunched over the monitor, screaming 'NO! The other way!' at my Shermans. This simple gesture frees me up to do what I want for literally weeks.

Planning, foresight, analysis. It works in CM and it can work in this domaine as well. smile.gif

------------------

DeanCo--

CM interface mods: http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

so many games...so little time

One approach is to start developing worse habits - boys nights outs, boys and some girls nights out, golf with the guys, golf with the gals, etc. Throw in some heavy drinking and hint at (but never do) drugs. Pretty soon she will understand the advantage of this harmless little habit vs. the alternatives. Or maybe purchase another disk and challenge her to a QB. The only problem is that if (and when) she wins, your fragile male ego may not be able to recover from it.

Failing this, just put on your skirt, do the dishes and fold the laundry.

Gpig, what kind of man are you? You let your wife take away your CM disc? You are an insult to us all! Stand up for yourself, man! You are the KING of your castle! Go! Take back your disc! Quit whining. Take back the disc, pick her up, throw her down on the bed and show her what kind of MAN you are! Don't be a wuss.

wink.gif

-Doug

I have said it before and I will say it again. My girlfriend actually believes CM is a valid excuse for me being late or whatever. Here is what you do Gpig. Always nag her. When she wants to go out, go with her. She has a girls movie night, invite yourself. Show up at her work and constantly tell her that because you "nothing" else to do then you will just hang out with her. Then start suggesting things to do like watch the basketball game together or let you read this great article in a car magazine to her. She invaded your space now counter attack. Trust me in less than a week she will be giving you your disk and probably writing a batch file for it to boot at startup. Now I did not have to go to lengths like this with my girlfriend but I did state from date #1 that I am a video game freak. But you you rather I be a drunk, smoke, or on drugs? No go to it! FOR CM!!!!