Chicago Get together II

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by rune:

Brought to you by lawyer.

Saturday, Dec. 8th, early afternoon, place as soon as i get ahole of lawyer. Am bringing a laptop this time, meeting will be someplace downtown, maybe North pier. More as I know it.

Rune<hr></blockquote>

I'm ready. But I only arrive Saturday afternoon and must work till 6pm at my conference. Same for Sunday and Monday. But I'm good for anything after that.

I drink fast and go home early, so it won't threaten your bedtimes. I'm bringing some war movies to hand out, and I'll buy a beer for anyone who shows up and treats me real nice.

Lawyers are used to buying friends, so it should work out. In addition to meeting more mid-westerners than one person deserves, I would like to chat about scenarios, good and bad. I've got two years of grit to get off my chest. Hehe....

What time and place works? I'm staying near the Navy Pier at the Sheraton.

Jake

Lawyers and work? Yeah right....

OK how about 6:30 PM, and since you are so close to Navy Pier, North Pier and Dick's Last Resort sounds good. the kinda dive that lawyers should know. I'll bring a laptop for a sneak preview, but not for play. If someone else wants to bring one to play on, it would be good.

Rune

Lawyers and work? Yeah right....

OK how about 6:30 PM, and since you are so close to Navy Pier, North Pier and Dick's Last Resort sounds good. the kinda dive that lawyers should know. I'll bring a laptop for a sneak preview, but not for play. If someone else wants to bring one to play on, it would be good.

Rune<hr></blockquote>

6:30pm Saturday, right? Works for me. Sounds like my kind of place.

Jake

C'mon Lawyer, quit being such a tight-arse, spring for the tickets already, we all know youv'e got the readies.

Hell, you just spent a motza on that home entertainment junk so we know its not like your'e destitute or sumfink.

Oh, all right then, after careful consideration Mace and I have decided to let you fly us via business class.

Macey, start packing! smile.gif

Hopefully Rune,

Participants can compete in some footie afterwards! Just supply photo's as proof that this is not a pub crawl instead!

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

--------------

Some of these vintages won't be ready to drink for a long time. If we wait much longer, our kids will be toasting us over our graves! Let's drink up what we have, and let them buy their own.

-- Burgess Meredith, American actor (1909 - 1997) to film director John Huston (1906 - 1987)

Yes, there is shopping at North Pier, and what is wrong with crawling out of a pub? <hr></blockquote>

I prefer to be carried out of the pub myself, it saves on my legs.

*waits for Lawyer's tickets to arrive*

Mace

Well, the first one was pretty fun and wouldn't want to miss this one, and can't let Lawyer be the only lawyer there. I have plans to see a concert that night in the city anyway, but that doesn't start until 7:30 and I plan on being fashionably late anyhow.

Looking forward to it, but I also wouldn't let my wife anywheres near the shopping areas down there....

Praise the Lord that Australia is on the other side of the planet alongside Indonesia and worthy destinations. My sanity and my wallet will be safe from StukaMace, the two-headed, half-witted missing link.

Berli said he is free, so I'll drop him a line.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lawyer:

My sanity and my wallet will be safe.<hr></blockquote>

Correction: Your wallet will be safe, it's far too late for your sanity.

btw, Sent those tickets out yet?

Your mate*

Mace

* Yes I'll suck up for a free beer, I'll go further for both a free beer and a trip to the States, if you get my drift! *nudge nudge*

well, we had to pick someplace that lawyer could find, and since he is not from Chicago, it is easy to find North Pier. "Walk towards the lake, if you hit water, you went too far". Besides, if Mace had made it, we could of forced him to drink fosters there. Anyone else comming?

Rune

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lawyer:

Yeah, how often do you get a free anything from a Lawyer?<hr></blockquote>

Never!!!

I can't tell you how heartbroken Stuka and I am, waiting for free airline tickets to arrive in the mail!

Mace