New "Combined Arms Tourney" Registration Now Open

tank buster and gashford are in for tournament #2. That leaves 3 slots still open, possibly 4 as Winecape may have to bow out depending on when #2 starts.

I'm going to separate out each tourney into it's own thread to keep things organized. This thread will be used to sign up for new tournaments and general chat regarding prizes and sponsors. Each tournament will be named after the sponsor and the prize he is donating. The first tournament, already underway, will be called "WineCape's Wine Tourney. The second tourney, to start soon, is unsponsored at this point so a name is yet to be determined. In the absence of a sponsor tourneys will still go on. They will be called "Combined Arms Tourney #X". If you would like to sponsor a tournament (provide a prize to the winner) this is the place to post.

I am going to post a clear, concise set of the rules that were hashed out earlier in this thread so they are conveniently available.

Remember, each individual tournament will have its own thread where I will post updates, statistics, etc.. This thread is for interested players to sign up and for people to volunteer to sponsor a tournament if they want.

Treeburst155 out

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Stevie!

I like your sig. You are IN for Tournament #2 which will begin very shortly. I've got just two more spaces to fill. If you haven't already done so you should wade through the thread to find out the rules and such. I am in the process of posting a condensed version of how the tourneys work, rules, etc. at this time. Welcome aboard!

Treeburst155 out.

Hi Agua!

I've been thinking about that ever since you bowed out. How about this:

TCP/IP Tournament Now Open!!

Players must be willing and able to play TCP/IP in this tourney. PBEM is allowed only if your opponent agrees to it. Thinking time to be negotiated by players. All rules are the same as my PBEM tourneys.

Agua has slot 1 for the first TCP/IP tourney. Please specify TCP/IP when you sign up so I don't put you in a PBEM tourney.

Treeburst155 out.

We start when we get 10 guys. Just like the other tourneys I'll send out a contact list at that time of all your opponents and start a separate thread for the TCP/IP tourney updates and stats. Prizes are of course up in the air. I think we got lucky with WineCape's sponsorship of the first tournament. Time will tell however.

Treeburst155 out.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Prizes are of course up in the air. I think we got lucky with WineCape's sponsorship of the first tournament. Time will tell however.

Treeburst155 out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry with prizes, getting to play is enjoyment enough. Thanks again and great idea!

Hmmm....random forces. I would say that if players agree to random forces that would be fine. You would have to be willing to play "non-random" however if any of your nine opponents did not want to have a random game. I think it's safe to say you wouldn't get a whole lot of people to use random forces. I think they like to pick. Random forces sure is a gutsy way to play though.

I've still got one more slot to fill (possibly two) in tourney #2 (PBEM) and 9 slots open in the TCP/IP tourney requested by Agua. Let's go TCPers! Remember, there's no reason these tourney games can't count for several of the ladders.

Treeburst155 out.

[ 06-01-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Think before you apply. Can you play nine games in 90 days?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He he he... how about 9 games in a weekend?

Nada problemo. :D

Treeburst - been too long since we have done battle with each other. I have actually won a PBEM or too since facing you.

I don't have any interest in playing quick battles so I won't join this tournament (will watch the results with interest, however). If anyone ever decides to do one with specially designed and balanced tournament style scenarios, that would be of interest to me.

Combined Arms Tourney #2 (PBEM) is now tentatively filled. I will be emailing all participants a contact list of their opponents within 48hrs. Since it has been several days since some of you have signed up for Tourney #2 I would like to verify that all are still willing and able to participate.

The following people make up Tourney #2: StugIII, chuckle, WineCape, Tincan, Fangorn, tank buster, gashford, Stevetherat, MrSpkr, and Sledge.

If you are on this list but CANNOT participate please post to this thread and let me know.

Treeburst155 out.

StugIII and Tank Buster,

There's nothing stopping you two from starting game negotiations if you want. You'll have to play each other soon anyway. I'm just waiting until tomorrow night before I send out the contact list to be relatively sure nobody decides to back out. So far, so good.

Treeburst155 out.

Treeburst155 out.

Hello Treeburst155 + Tourney #2 participants,

I am afraid that I cannot participate for the 2 reasons stated on page #3 (I think!) of this thread.

The 3rd reason that I cannot participate is as follows;

I will also sponsor Tourney #2 for 6 bottles of South African Wine + postage -- 6 different wines than the ones in Tourney #1.

On one request Treeburst155.....

My place will be ceded to Marcus Bloess ([emai]mike8@lycos.com), my very 1st PBEM oppenent and a gentleman in the truest sense of the word, not to mention an excellent CM tactician!

That is, if he is willing. If not, then anyone can take my place for tourney #2.

StugIII/Chuckles, that'll give you guys some better odds now that I'm not there, hehe...

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

PS: I'll post the wines/description soon.