WineCape's Wine Tourney

This is the official thread for this tournament. All updates and stats for the tourney will be posted here. Since this is the first of many such tourneys I hope to get going I will post the Official Rules for all my tourneys here and link to it from now on when necessary.

Tournament Rules and Description

This is a PBEM tournament. TCP/IP is fine but you must be willing to PBEM an opponent that will not or cannot do TCP/IP. There will be TCP/IP tourneys if there is enough interest.

Ten players per tournament, each participant plays the other nine one time, victory points are accumulated from game to game, the highest total at the end wins.

CAL Rules must be used in all games. These are posted at Tournament House.

Game length is to be 25 turns +/- 4 using the BER. A secure version of the BER will be available very soon according to TeAch.

Maximum game size is 1,500 pts.

It is up to tourney participants to arrange games and negotiate game parameters (within CAL limits) amongst themselves. I will provide a contact list to participants at the beginning of each tourney for this purpose.

All games must be played in 90 days. Extentions may be necessary but will never go beyond 120 days.

If a player drops out or doesn't meet the deadline ALL games played by him are discarded and all players' accumulated scores adjusted. If you had already scored 90 pts. against the drop out you are just out of luck.

Dropouts will be blacklisted from further tournaments unless they can prove they had a massive heart attack or something comparable.

All disputes will be arbitrated by the Honorable Judge Treeburst155 of the First International Court of Tourney Disputes.

Players should keep email regarding game parameters and rules agreed upon with other

players. I cannot resolve a disputed unit purchase if I don't have proof of the rules agreed to for the game.

Any questions regarding the above can be sent to Mikeman@cablelynx.com for a prompt response. Do not post Rules questions here.

I will update these rules as necessary based on questions received through email as I'm sure I've left something out.

WHEW!!

Treeburst155 out.

[ 06-01-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

[ 06-01-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first Prize - six bottles of red wine, postage included - plus Treeburst155's $50.00 will go to the winner.

For some background on the wines, see Treeburst155's post here, 'bout 8 posts down.

The Baron Edmond 1998 vintage of Rupert & Rothschild…

edmond_lab.jpg

Here's 2 of the Le Bonheur Cabernet Sauvignon 1997 with their SA Veritas Award stickers on the bottle (the Cab. is on the left, their Prima (a "Bordeaux" Blend) on the right…

pic_wines.jpg

LeBon_w.jpg

The Bellevue Pinotage (in fact this pic is the estate's top blend "Tumara", but the label is the same, only coloured dark/light blue ….

010505.gif

The Haute Cabriere Pinot Noir (Sort of…. )

chardonay_pinotnoir_label.gif

And the classy Vergelegen Merlot 1998 ….

010406.gif

Sorry, no picture of the Linton Park Shiraz 1999 yet.

Sincerely

[b/Charl Theron

This is the thread for the First CAL Cash tourney WITH the wine from WineCape included right?

Many many thanks to WineCape for his Generous donation.

Are there ANY games underway yet, I have only begun pre-game negotiations for two games so far.

-tom w

[ 06-02-2001: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Yes, this is the thread for the Combined Arms Cash Tourney, aka Tourney #1; but now officially called "WineCape's Wine Tourney".

Right now we have a 10 way tie for first place! All players are undefeated! All players are winless too. I told you guys I'd keep you updated. :D

Treeburst155 out.

Do not negotiate games via ICQ or other chat programs. In the case of a dispute I don't think it is possible to send me a file of the conversation so I have proof of what rules were agreed to. This has already happened. Use email to negotiate games!

Treeburst155 out.

I'm currently in two battles - 1 w/ GClement - which isn't going well - damn him! And one w/ KelsieD - which is only about turn 10 but seems promising. I also just started my 3rd game w/ Sockmonkey yesterday - although he hasn't emailed me back w/ his setup - the git1 :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Do not negotiate games via ICQ or other chat programs. In the case of a dispute I don't think it is possible to send me a file of the conversation so I have proof of what rules were agreed to. This has already happened. Use email to negotiate games!

Treeburst155 out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, you can save ICQ chat sessions as text files. I do it frequently. I hope that helps.

Way to go Sajer! You'll be making some good time with three games going.

My cable modem is once again working so send all game results, disputes, etc. to Mikeman@cablelynx.com.

The first finished game of the tournament has been reported. It seems Kiwi Joe beat Stalin's Organ by a score of 83-17. It looks like Kiwi Joe may be a tough nut to crack fellas.

The Standings:

#1 Kiwi Joe 83 pts.

#2 Stalin's Organ 17 pts.

#3 All the rest of you 0 pts.

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KiwiJoe:

Tough??? hell I'm uncrackable smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh..hell, I didn't realise it was a NUTCRACKER tourney...damn!! tongue.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Bring on the next bitch ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oi......no dogs here thank you, just overpaid underworked civil servants - call me a bastard if you wish, but leave my mother alone!

In my other games....well Bryce (real name forgotten) jsut launched the US version of July 1 1916 (that's the Somme for you ignoramus's) with about 3 platoons against my VL castle (large heavy building) that had 1 platoon in it, and another scarrered around it, and a 75mm IG fiting up one side, and a Lynx up another - the few Ami survivors have retreated!

Life would be better but the one hit I got on his 1 (so far) Stuart penetrated & did no damage (75mm HEAT), while a goddamned bazooka brewed a lynx at 160 metres while being shot at by 2 tanks! (It's a recon game)

Have just started another recon game with Scott (again real name forgotten) as allies, at night (random everything except weather - am waiting for his first orders turn), and selected forces against Tom (a 3rd Recon game) as Germans.

So it's all happening.

I think I wanna play one of these as 5000 pts Tank heavy-armour - anyone game??!! :D

Edited 'cos I jsut read the rules and Treeburst won't let me do that!! :(

[ 06-15-2001: Message edited by: Stalin's Organ ]

well it looks like every1's too scared to play me 1st up. Should I spot the 1st 3 people I play 10 points to get the ball rolling??? Or how about you pick all the terrian settings?

Come on people you have to face your fears at some stage!

Bump - hey guys - what's happening??

Recent activity from my front consists of KelsieD running his green pioneers headlong into the seasoned vet's of one of 7 Arm'd Div's (Brits for you chaps!) recce groups. (recce game, random everything except weather - fine)

A lucky faust shot killed a Brit armoured car, but after that it's been "revenge for the Somme" time for the Tommies!!

Bolt action rifles work quite well when the other guy's not shooting back, and a few of those fine Stuart tanks are also wreaking havoc among the German infantry.

Against Aka Tom the action has just begun, with a few long range shots exchanged. The map is a dispersed village pretty wide open plain, with a large hill on one flank for hte Axis (me) and a couple of lower ones overlooking it for the allies. Looks like a killing zone!! (another recce game)