WineCape's Wine Tourney

Well Sajer, the CAL rules do not place a limit on the number of maps that can be refused. This is another little loose end in the rules. I, Judge Treeburst shall make a new tourney rule.

Each player may reject the map only ONE time.

If the map is just a little unbalanced you should probably accept it because the next one may be worse and you'll be stuck with it. This "One Rejection" rule will keep players from rejecting a map for trivial reasons.

Judge Treeburst155 out.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New results just in! GClement and KelsieD drew. GClement scored 53 to KelsieD's 43. GClement also won a Tactical Victory over Sajer 71-29. Congratulations GClement! Updated standings below:

1)KelsieD.........156...3 games....average 52

2)GClement........124...2 games....average 62

3)Kiwi JOe........83....1 game.....average 83

4)Sajer...........78....2 games....average 39

5)Tom W...........26....1 game.....average 26

6)Stalin's Organ..17....1 game.....average 17

[ 07-02-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Hey, I have a quick question. How are you guys handling the random end of the QB's? I'm at turn 21 or so of a 25 +/-4 turn game that we started before the randomization program was available and we're wondering how to wrap it up. It isn't immediately apparent to me if an already-started game can be ported to the BaDco randomizer. Is it possible? If not, is there another generally-accepted method?

Sorry

I should have mentioned I was away for the long weekend.

It was the Canada Day Long weekend and I am just now getting to my e-mail and to start to return your turns. I alaways try to send the turn back within 24 hrs but I left early on Friday and did not turn on my e-mail vacation notice, as this is a normal three day weekend in Canada. I will get those turns back out as soon as possible.

Thanks

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sock Monkey:

It isn't immediately apparent to me if an already-started game can be ported to the BaDco randomizer. Is it possible? If not, is there another generally-accepted method?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it's possible - the randomiser actually has no connection to the game - you just tell it the name of a game, the game length parameters, and what turn you're at, then it tells you whether it finishes that turn or not.

IIRC Treeburst said he'd do it for us all if we can't manage it ourselves, but if 2 ppl have PC's then they can use the secure version to sort it out themselves.

Sock Monkey,

Did you start the QB with 29 turns? This is necessary if you wish to play a 25 +/-4 game. You should begin checking the BER at THE END of turn 21.

I will manage the BER for any games involving Mac users, but I'd really appreciate it if you PC guys took care of it yourself. Your games will go faster that way also.

The final version of the BER is now out.

Any of you who intend to use it for your tourney games should download this final version for compatibility reasons.

The key thing to remember with the BER is that it is always checked at THE END of a turn, after the movie. The BER will let you know whether the game is over at this point or if you need to proceed to the next turn.

If the soonest a game can end is on turn 21 then you check the BER at THE END of turn 21.

Latest Result

"Warren" <k.lan@roadrunner.nf.net> vs aka_tom_w

Recon Rules

(Allies) aka_tom_w = 72

(Axis) Warren Miron (k.lan@roadrunner.nf.net) = 28

Undisputed auto surrender as Warren's Axis forces fled the battle field.

Just an update... I think I have replied to all the PMEM files I have as of 8:00pm EST.

I wil be away for the next 48 hrs, so sorry but I will reply to all new pbem files (I hope) sometime Thurs night.

Thanks

-tom w

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Just an update... I think I have replied to all the PMEM files I have as of 8:00pm EST.

I wil be away for the next 48 hrs, so sorry but I will reply to all new pbem files (I hope) sometime Thurs night.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem Tom - it was worth waiting to see your Greyhound get a 50mm enema!! smile.gif

Congratulations Tom W!! Here's the updated standings.

1)KelsieD.........156...3 games....average 52

2)GClement........124...2 games....average 62

3)Tom W...........98....2 games....average 49

4)Kiwi JOe........83....1 game.....average 83

5)Sajer...........78....2 games....average 39

6)The Capt........28....1 game.....average 28

7)Stalin's Organ..17....1 game.....average 17

2 games on at the moment:

1 vs Scott

1 vs KelsieD

Scott's finding out the hard way that when a major VL is located on a giant hill in the middle of the map, with 4 houses on top, its prolly not a good idea to run infantry into said houses and sit around. Whats left of that platoon is in a tough spot as directly behind it another platoon is taking 3inch artillery whilst trying to all fit into 1 small building... the only cover around. I can only imagine the panic going on over there. Scott's also found out that 2inch mortars make quick work of HTs smile.gif No losses sustained by my boys yet.

KelsieD is a quiet guy. Seems I cant even get a comment out of him when I pop a M8HMC with a beatifully placed AT round from 500m. Right next to that, in a patch of woods with a small VL, a yanky rifle 44 platoon has been badly cut up by 2 turns of artillery fire. Multiple treebursts have seen numbers fall and men run in terror. A .50 cal HMG on a central rear hill has also felt the power of treebursts and decided to take a break from all this messy fighting stuff. 1 of my squads has had to retreat back after taking light hits from near by 105mm artillery which seems to have stopped. No other losses yet.

New results just came in! KelsieD is on a roll as he trounced The_Capt 67-28. Congratulations KelsieD!! Updated standings below:

1) KelsieD 223 (4) 55.75

2) GClement 124 (2) 62.00

3) Kiwi Joe 83 (1) 83.00

4) Sajer 78 (2) 39.00

5) The_Capt 56 (2) 28.00

6) aka_tom_w 26 (1) 26.00

7) Stalin 17 (1) 17.00

labappel 0

Sock Monkey 0