Bye-Bye CMBO(insert my tears)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grisha:

Well, to be honest, I have very little interest in the West Front, and though I've enjoyed playing CMBO, it just doesn't have the appeal that the Soviet-German War has for me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I would second that, outside this game, I enjoy studying about the Eastern front of operations much more then the Western. However, this game really sparked an interest. I still know more about the Eastern as opposed to the Western front, but it hasn't been as disenchanting as I might have believed. Best thing is, I can feel morally free no matter which side Im playing on. Ive got no favorites based on history, in the Western front, so I play both sides equally. Even though I try to stay open minded, I don't think Ill be able to do the same for CMBB. Probably just play the Germans a few times to sample kool uber-weapons like the Sturmtiger.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Commissar:

Best thing is, I can feel morally free no matter which side Im playing on. Ive got no favorites based on history, in the Western front, so I play both sides equally. Even though I try to stay open minded, I don't think Ill be able to do the same for CMBB. Probably just play the Germans a few times to sample kool uber-weapons like the Sturmtiger.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is amusing to me - I feel exactly the same way about the East Front as you do about the West Front. smile.gif

-dale

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

While I am not looking forward to those going 'How come my Ferdinand was knocked out at 500m by an AT Rifle - fix or do somefink!'<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now now you anti elefant person you...

The Ferdinand and Elefant are one of the nastiest machines on the ground! How many times do I have to hammer stats on your head.

For those not in the light of this nasty killing machine may I show you some stats.

Elefant

<table border="1" cellPadding="5" cellSpacing="0"><tr><td colspan="6" align="center">ARMOR PROTECTION</font></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">Armor Detail</font></td><td align="center">Front</font></td><td align="center">Side</font></td><td align="center">Rear</font></td><td align="center">Top/Bottom</font></td></tr><tr><td rowspan="2" colspan="2"><table border="0" cellPadding="0" cellSpacing="0"><tr><td rowspan="2">Hull</font></td><td>lower</font></td></tr><tr><td>upper</font></td></tr></table></td><td align="center">100+100mm@55º</font></td><td align="center">60mm@90º</font></td><td align="center">80mm@90º</font></td><td align="center">20-50mm@0º</font></td></tr><tr><td align="center">100+100mm@78º</font></td><td align="center">80mm@90º</font></td><td align="center">80mm@50º</font></td><td align="center">30mm@0º</font></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">Superstructure</font></td><td align="center">200mm@65º</font></td><td align="center">80mm@60º</font></td><td align="center">80mm@70º</font></td><td align="center">30mm@4º</font></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">Mantlet</font></td><td align="center">25mm@90º + 100mm@round</font></td><td align="center">-</td><td align="center">-</td><td align="center">-</td></tr></table>

Tiger I

<table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5"><tr><td align="center" colspan="5">ARMOR PROTECTION</font></td></tr><tr><td width="20%" align="center">Armor Detail</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">Front</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">Side</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">Rear</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">Top/Bottom</font></td></tr><tr><td width="20%">Hull</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">100mm@66º</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">60mm@90º</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">80mm@82º</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">25mm@0º</font></td></tr><tr><td width="20%">Superstructure</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">100mm@80º</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">80mm@90º</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">-</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">25mm@0º</font></td></tr><tr><td width="20%">Turret</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">100mm@82º</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">80mm@90º</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">80mm@90º</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">25mm@0-9º</font></td></tr><tr><td width="20%">Mantlet</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">100-110mm@90º</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">-</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">-</font></td><td width="20%" align="center">-</font></td></tr></table>

OK as you look at the armour values the Tiger.. SUXS.

BUT the tiger has a turret, and carried about 42 rounds more then the Elefant.

The Elefant carried a 88mm PaK 43/2 L/71 while the Tiger I carried the 88mm KwK 36 L/56

The Elefant had a height near 2.97m to the 2.93m for the Tiger I big deal.

Fact only 90 of these Elefants were made fact in six hours 90 Elefants destroyed 504 Russian Tanks in 6 hours, dispide this result it was not further developed. grr.

and Berli you stay out of this.

:D

[ 09-26-2001: Message edited by: mensch cuz of stupid tables.]

[ 09-26-2001: Message edited by: mensch ]

I love the Eastern front and will RUSH on CMBB :D:D

Only "problem" I have is that I'd really want to have an upgrade patch putting CMBO to CMBB level - at least in part (interface, tank platoons organization...not necessarily new graphical improvements...)

There's a debate about what BTS said : some say they stated they'll make no more patches for CMBO, other say they expressed willingness to do it, so I'm confused

:confused: :confused:

Can someone help ? Say...Madmatt ?? Kwazydog ?? Charles ??

:D:D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mace:

Sorry to rain on your parade, Menschy baby, but due to the duel electrical drive system, the Ferdinand/Elefant was very underpowered and prone to break down.

I'd rather have a Jagdpanther any day! tongue.gif

Mace<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh ya Mr. smartiepants... like the Tiger II was not prone to break down.. besides the Elefant was cheeper to make. ok there was the Copper problem which they changed but puh!

here is your silly Jagdpanther .. er. cool model though! ;)

to me Elefant