German Translation Needed ASAP!

"Werde mich er der Sache mal annehmen!"

The sentence looks a bit ungrammatical, actually. Since there's no "ich" ("I") at the beginning, the verb "werde" could be in the third-person present subjunctive mood: "if only he would" That's debatable, though, since the sentence is using the indirect address form of the subjunctive (Konjunktiv I). This form is infrequently employed for a simple hypothetical use, too, though.

"I'll look into it myself/handle it myself" should be, afaik, "Ich werde mich (selbst) der Sache (mal) annehmen." or "Ich nehme mich der Sache an."

I think your sentence may mean something like, "If only he'd handle it for me!" What was the context or the surrounding sentences?

[ 05-10-2001: Message edited by: Gremlin ]

Can someone help me with a translation? I heard the following was a popular German joke during World War II:

Wenn ist das Nunstuck git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

-Joshik

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joshik:

Can someone help me with a translation? I heard the following was a popular German joke during World War II:

Wenn ist das Nunstuck git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

-Joshik<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ACHTUNG! *WARNING* To all German speaking people... DO NOT READ THIS JOKE!

This is the very same joke that was developed by the Britisher intelligence pig dogs and subsequently used against our brave troops towards the end of the war to seal our untimely defeat! I urge all Germans to immediately avert thy eyes and not look. I happenned to glance at the first 3 words of this despicable- would of been a war crime if we won the war- instrument of torture and nearly had a coronary from that brief exposure.

ACHTUNG! *WARNING*

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

ACHTUNG! *WARNING* To all German speaking people... DO NOT READ THIS JOKE!

This is the very same joke that was developed by the Britisher intelligence pig dogs and subsequently used against our brave troops towards the end of the war to seal our untimely defeat! I urge all Germans to immediately avert thy eyes and not look. I happenned to glance at the first 3 words of this despicable- would of been a war crime if we won the war- instrument of torture and nearly had a coronary from that brief exposure.

ACHTUNG! *WARNING* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mist!! ich bin blind!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joshik:

Wenn ist das Nunstuck git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput! -Joshik<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL :D:D:D

That joke saved my day ! Can the other German members of this board respond with an adequate allied joke ???

Tom

( Braindead after reading the joke )

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Tom wrote:

That joke saved my day ! Can the other German members of this board respond with an adequate allied joke ???

Tom

( Braindead after reading the joke ) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I’ve done some research at the Bundesarchive and found the following information:

Following the devastating success of the Allied Joke, the Germans feverishly launched their own program. Tests were conducted at Peenemunde in the Fall of 1944, but initial tests were disappointing. An early version of the KpfWW I (Kampfwortwitz) read:

Die ist ein Kinnerhunder und zwei Mackel über und der bitte schön ist den Wunderhaus sprechensie. 'Nein' sprecht der Herren 'Ist aufern borger mit zveitingen'.

This version never reached the translation stage. The KpfWW I Ausf.B was given the green light by Hitler, and in the Spring of 1945, the German "V-Joke" was unleashed on England via shortwave transmission:

"Der ver zwei peanuts, valking down der strasse, and von vas... assaulted! peanut. Ho-ho-ho-ho. "

(Radio bursts into 'Deutschland Über Alles')

Results proved less than spectacular.

Hope this information is useful!

-Joshik