Will CMBB have QB's on Custom Maps?

Just wondering if this feature will make it in or not. I heard rumblings that it would be a new (much-needed) feature. Also, will we have better control over terrain conditions in QB's? For instance, now we're only allowed one type of snow cover and the weather is always clear when you choose snow in a QB.

Something I’d like to see (ideally) in addtion would be the ability to load and save force lists in the QB generator. So that I could (for example) save out my favourite force list and reuse it again in other QBs.

This would be especially useful for large point battles.

Combined with the ability to use custom maps in a QB and you’ve got one hell of a powerful QB system!

Though, I’d say it’s nowhere near as important as the ability to actually load/save maps.

Cheers,

Alex.

Not a direct help, but in most CMBO communities (ladders, this forum etc.) it will be easy to find a third person to edit in the stuff you need and then mail a tournament-saved scenario.

You can even use that for a decent force selection that is not optimized by the player, halfway historical, but still competive in the environment chosen.

Another useful feature would be the ability to use SavedGames maps in scenario editor. Sometimes the map you generate for a QB would be reusable as is or after some tweaking has been done to it.

And what about a mixture of QBs and scenarios: a map with some prepurchased troops. Then at QB generation time you could define that players can also buy some amount of troops in addition to the prepurchased ones?

I think this 'Some troops are fixed, some can be purchased' would make scenarios much more suitable for PBEM. Now the risk that the other player goes ahead and checks opponents initial setup and reinforcements is so high, that QBs tend to make more sense. If some troops were purchasable, the surprise element would be there plus we could use all the great maps that scenario designers can produce. I think this would be an incredibly cool thing to have.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SlowMotion:

I think this 'Some troops are fixed, some can be purchased' would make scenarios much more suitable for PBEM.<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, other things to do with a trusted third person:

1) A force cannot only be player-selected or not.

Instead, the player can say "hey, give me a homogenous platoon of medium tanks, no thin SP guns please, plus two companies of short-range infantry. I don't care for big arty, just make sure I can through smoke". That way players get their choice forces without the extreme tendency to buy only the most cost-effective stuff within that force selection.

Or the other way round, no big-scale choice, but a few preferences. Like you will not be able to influence whether you gefoot t infantry with support AFVs and big arty or mechanised with turreted tanks. But you can say "give me extra bazookas", or "I want engineers" or "I hate SMG infantry" or "some extra guns". Could be quite realistic and would keep players at forces they don't distaste too much.

2) In scenarios, hand the scenario to someone and say "modify the forces so that the opponents cannot count my tanks or guns". He/She will return it tournament-saved and have each unit deleted or doubled with a small chance and a random generator.

Redwolf: I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. What I mostly had in mind was that this partly purchased troops idea would allow scenarios where the basic setting would be predefined, let's say Valley of Trouble Redone:

For the defender, fortifications would be prepurchased. The rest of the points could be purchased, but within certain restrictions: for example armor could be up to 250 points, fortifications, arty and vehicles totally banned. Then the player could buy one Panther like it is now, or buy two cheaper tanks. And the rest for infantry.

The attacker might have the initial group prepurchased, but the reinforcements could be purchased within some limits.

Players could investigate the map and predefined troops as much as they want and then decide what to buy. I think replayability would be just incredible.

This can't be done by a trusted person.

Using a predefined map for a QB would be like a special case of this: a map with no prepurchased troops.