KELLY's HEROES -------------mistake in the movie...

Y'now when the two SS officers come out of the brown building and are walking down the steps...

The one on the right is a "SS-Sturmbannfuhrer"

However when COWBOY starts to ring the bell and the two SS officers are looking up at the bell tower... The SS officer in question has dropped in rank to "SS-Untersturmfuhrer"

One minute his accompanying SS buddy is a lower rank and the next he is a higher rank... He put the wrong uniform on during a cut in filming HA HA...

Also why the hell would you have three TIGERS wasting away guarding some ****ty bank instead of scaring the hell out of allied tankers or getting the crap blown out of them by the RAF or Americans...

------------------

Quote.

If you see a white plane it's American, if you see a black plane it's the RAF. If you see no planes at all it's the Luftwaffe." ---German soldier on the Western Front, 1944.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JOCHEN PEIPER:

Also why the hell would you have three TIGERS wasting away guarding some ****ty bank instead of scaring the hell out of allied tankers or getting the crap blown out of them by the RAF or Americans...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or could it be that it is simply a movie for entertainment purposes & it would have made for a pretty lame ending if all Kelly's Heroes came up against was a depleted squad of Volksgrenadiers guarding the bank who would rout off at the very sound of an American tank approaching. smile.gif

Just my 2 cents worth.

Jim R.

------------------

What's that! Is that the spluttering sound of a 700 HP Maybach engine? Oh SH*T....Panther!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JOCHEN PEIPER:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, just a thought here. The movie is not intended to be historically correct. I know I may going out on a limb here...but my guess it was made for entertainment purposes and not for some wannabe soldier to pick apart for historical accuracy.

Sheesh.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Also why the hell would you have three TIGERS wasting away guarding some ****ty bank instead of scaring the hell out of allied tankers or getting the crap blown out of them by the RAF or Americans...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm...Let's see, which would you prefer:

a)Guard the bank, wait until nightfall to smuggle the gold to a secret place in the woods, return when the war is over, dig up the gold, deposit gold in swiss bank, retire to the French Riviera and surround yourself with women sporting 36DD's, or...

b)Leave the bank, advance down the road in broad daylight, and take a rocket launched by a Typhoon thru the roof of your tank.

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PatAWilson:

Kelly's Heroes inaccurate? Damn. Oh well, I'm off to pick up the pieces of my shattered life ... eek.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol! biggrin.gif

I always thought the biggest mistake was Donald Sutherland inventing hippiedom 20 years too early...

smile.gif

ROFL

Some of the post above - well I nearly wet myself....My fav Scene is where Southerland says something like "we put tubes on the barrels to make em look like 90mm's - Scares the **** outa the Germans"

Now that is American ingenuity at its best biggrin.gif

Jochen - its a movie - enjoy it!!! Just like Starship Troopers is one of my Fav's - cause it's sooo bad!! that it's bloody good smile.gif

Plus I love the female space pilot - what she does to a uniform - well it shouldn't be allowed biggrin.gif

Truly Gross Stuka biggrin.gif!!!

On another thing - I just looked up Yahoo movies. Why is it that Kelly's Heroes (KH) had a lower budget than Battle of the Bulge (BoTB) but that they (KH) seemed to make a big effort in atleast making things look historical - Unlike the BoTB.

SPR on the other hand reversed the trend with equipment (ala tried to make it accurate) but completely failed with infantry tactics - walk through the Normandy Region of France like a summer vacation or my Fav having a German HT moving in the open - closed up when we all know the standard procedure was move along the tree line with infantry unbuttoned and flanking - oh well - sigh - at least you can rely on the Germans (Cross of Iron, Stallingrad (first 3/4 anyway)to try to make a decent war movie.

Craig

[This message has been edited by Aussie Smith (edited 08-11-2000).]