KELLY's HEROES -------------mistake in the movie...

Nah Sophie Marceau didn't have any "iron" during that movie. She was totally unbelievable as a villain in my book. Nowhere near evil enough. She should have gotten in touch with the Front for Hamster Liberation to see TRUE EVIL. wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>at least you can rely on the Germans (Cross of Iron, Stallingrad (first 3/4 anyway)to try to make a decent war movie<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIRC Correct, Cross of Iron is an european production (UK/Germany) but Sam Peckinpah is definitely not german wink.gif

And Fionn, I do agree about Sophie Marceau acting, She eclipsed Denise Richards completly but even an half dead hamster could act better than denise (and look better ahh not sure biggrin.gif)

Edited due to pour forein spailing

------------------

Nicolas

http://perso.infonie.fr/nicolas.counio/combat_mission1.html

"Deux intellectuels assis vont moins loin qu'une brute qui marche"

Un Taxi Pour Tobrouk

[This message has been edited by ncounio (edited 08-11-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aussie Smith:

at least you can rely on the Germans (Cross of Iron, Stallingrad (first 3/4 anyway)to try to make a decent war movie.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only ones I totally rely on for making good, accurate war movies are the Finns.

A Winter War, Unknown soldier (both of them).

And Tommi, if you´re reading this, if there are any inaccuracies in the above mentioned films I'll just cover my ears and chant

"They were made from novels! Artistic license!" over and over.

To anyone else, see them.

------------------

Johan

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

..... with the Front for Hamster Liberation to see TRUE EVIL. wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What those sissies, death to the Front for Hamster Liberation, Long Live the Hamster Liberation Organisation.

------------------

Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Originally posted by Speedy:

What those sissies, death to the Front for Hamster Liberation, Long Live the Hamster Liberation Organisation.

SPLITTERS!!

All hail the Hamsters front of Judea!

(small pythonism for those in the know..)

I nominate Stuka for the title One-Handed Typing Champion of this forum. smile.gif

Yeah, Denise Richards does some great things with a uniform, but note that you can see her totally out of uniform in "Wild Things". Yowsa!

Dar

Three Kings is much like Kelly's heros. But the enviroment and story is different in the details. On another note, Clint Eastwood is in his 70's So he was alive in WW2. I believe he would of been 12-18 at the time.I am not entirely sure of his acctual age. But between those 2 age lines. He's right you know.

"Personally, I stopped watching when Clint Eastwood appeared - I mean, he wasn't even _born_ during WWII! How on earth can they have made this film? It was obviously a fake.

David"

Clint Eastwood is 72.

The first long trailer of Three Kings I immediately thought of Kelly's Heroes. The premise is similar, definitely influenced. Both turned out to be enjoyable. Kelly's Heroes is a good mix of laughter, fighting, and decently done vehicles. Good late night flick!

Guest olebooya

any REAL historian knows Kelly's Heroes is not accurate......

The Paint Shells contained Latex Paint which was not invented until 1968.......

HMMMMMM Latex Uniforms......Starship Troopers.............

Geier wrote:

And Tommi, if you´re reading this, if there are any inaccuracies in the above mentioned films I'll just cover my ears and chant "They were made from novels! Artistic license!" over and over. To anyone else, see them.

I particularly like the tank inaccuracy in the original "Unknown soldier". American movies use T-34s to model German heavies. In "Unknown Soldier", a German Pz-IVJ was used to portray KV-IE. Nice turnabout.

As regards to "Winter War", the counter attack to Vasikkasaari didn't really succeed, and the Soviets couldn't be thrown back to South side of the river. However, that is quite understandable mistake since the division commander (and possibly even the regiment commander) thought that the attack succeeded and reported so upwards.

But yes, both films are remarkably accurate. (Though the actors in "Unknown Soldier" were too old, since it was a cadre unit).

- Tommi

First off, Hello Fionn, long time no see smile.gif

Secondly, why are you guys discussing the "reality" of hollywood? (an oxymoron, methinks)

biggrin.gif

P.S. I don't think Denise Richards is real either, at least parts of her aren't smile.gif

------------------

Pzvg

"Murphy's law of combat #10, never forget your weapon is made by the lowest bidder

Guest Mirage2k

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Secondly, why are you guys discussing the "reality" of hollywood? (an oxymoron, methinks)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that question was asked more sarcastically in earlier posts. smile.gif

-Andrew

------------------

Throw me a frickin' smiley, people!

Your one-stop-shop for gaming news is www.SiegersPost.com ! Hit it!