Helping to generate sales?

Given that we agree that the more sales of CM that occur, the more money will flow to BTS and the more chance of a CM2,3,4 etc flowing from their keyboard(s)......</p>

It is in our interests to help to generate sales of CM</p>

I therefore recommend you all contact your wargaming buddies, net friends and old CCX series enemies (all future opponents) and alert them to the way of life that is CM.</p>

What other things can we do as a community of gamers to generate sales and ensure the future of CM?</p>

Bruce</p>

As someone suggested previously, all of us who have web pages can put links in place...hey BTS, do you have any neat animated gifs to use as a link? If not, one of us graphics geniuses should be able to come up with something.

------------------

Max Molinaro

Guest Big Time Software

Hey, thanks smile.gif Yes, what I think we will do is put up a page of our banner ads and people can just download the ones they want and put them up on their own sites if they like. A few people already have (or have asked), so it probably would be easier for everybody if they were all in one place for whoever wants them.

Word of mouth is going to make or break CM, literally. Advertising with banner ads helps a lot, so will reviews and anything else in print. But since we are targeting such a specific group of gamers, word of mouth is IOHO the most important element. Already it seems to be working well, as many people have mentioned hearing about CM from a friend, or telling friends about it.

THANKS!

Steve

Well I gotto admit I've stopped reading the mag too. I used to read it for several years (before all the I-net mags arrived) and I don't think the new editors in CGW are the same as the old ones. One thing CGW was always good with was Military/War games, some mags today are too much into this 3D, gfx hype which doesnt make a game great alone.

I dunno but I tend to listen to people that remember the old great games like Storm Across Europe, Balance of Power, Empire etc. Most reviewers today doesn't even know what it is. Btw people that played strategy games on the CBM-64 had to be into wargames because they didn't look like much LOL. What is two of my favourite wargame developers up to these days?, yes I'm talking about Gary Grigsby and Keith Brors.

Grigsby and Brors just put out Bombing the Reich... It;s a remake of USAAF

Unfortunately it's buggy and has some major design flaws..

e.g. If you retool one portion of a large factory then the ENTIRE factory retools. E.g. if the engine section changes to make more Daimler Benz engines then, for some reason the airframe section stops producing too.

This is not only ahistoric but it also cripples the German player's ability to play.

There's also a bug whereby ANY strike on ANY aircraft factory in the game causes ALL aircrat factories to stop production for 14 to 15 days. End result, the game is unplayable as the axis since once the Allies hit an aircraft factory you basically will never get any replacements.

The 2nd patch is due out next week so hopefully these things can be fixed.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Has anyone here ever heard of the free

online game club 2AM? It's totally free and

is run on ads....every twenty minutes you

have to click on ads to play...anyways, it

has a WW2 game on it called Chain of Command

so... maybe that's a good spot for an

advertisement.

WWW.2AM.com

P.S. can anyone recommend a good i-net

computer games magazines with lots of reviews...?

• 6 months later...
Guest Big Time Software

Thanks Jimmy4Eyes,

Since we don't have gazillions to spend on advertising, word of mouth from satisfied gamers is our best bet. Thanks to everyone who helps spread the word.

Charles

Done! I've already infected some friends and they downloaded the GD. All of them were very curious about the fact that this game will not be sold in Software stores, but BTS told me how to order per cheque. So I'm sitting here in front of the screen with the money of three friends who told me to order for them. I'm going to order tommorrow... or i try to collect more money and buy a One-Way Ticket to the Bermudas if I find a few more "customers" biggrin.gif

------------------

Es gibt Tage da verliert man und Tage da gewinnen die anderen.

word of mouth, absolutely. i've got one friend coming over tonight to look at the demo and another on sunday. i guy at work today caught me staring into space and asked what i was doing. i told him i was planning my next move in CM.

Word of mouth is probably going to be the single biggest source of buyer. And considering the limited ad budget BTS can put up for this, that's not a small issue. Heck, that's how I found this place. (Dunedain from SFC on Mplayer... If your still out there, thanks a bunch for mentioning this site!)

Mikey

Well when I found the Beta demo back in January, I immediately called my buddy and told him about it. He wasn't sold on the idea just yet though. He liked the game, but just wasn't quite sold on the graphics, mainly the fire and smoke effects. wink.gif But now since the Gold Demo is out and it runs on his machine well, he loves it and can't wait for it to come out. In the meantime, he's gotten the word out to another one of our friends that we used to pal around with and he likes it, being a former marine in 'Nam.

------------------

"While stands the Collosseum, Rome shall stand.

When falls the Collosseum, Rome shall fall.

And when Rome falls -- the World."

**Byron**