F'ing irritating

I just lost a turn in a pbem cause I must have accidently hit go after watching a movie turn. The go button needs to be placed somewhere else or have a "are you sure" checkbox before continuing.

Also: Had another infantry squad I had given crawl and hide orders finish their movement but not go into hiding. Now I've seen Hq units and regular units do this as well.

-john

Ya BTS should add something like when you wont to give up. Yes or no...in this time say do you wont to go...yes or no.

------------------

Game master of Robs CMC ;)

Join or get more info on Rob's CMC today Email me at RobsCMC@hotmail.com

Rob

--------------------------

For more info on Rob's CMC go to Robs CMC HQHome of Robs CMC

Members of my CMC should join my CMC chat bord. Robs CMC Board

BHQS board

I have played innumerable PBEM turns and never once had this problem.

Why don't you just re-load the file? That would seem an easier solution than forcing everyone to have to deal with an attempt at an idiot proof interface with a bunch of damn "Are you sure?"..."Are you REALLY sure" buttons...

Jeff Heidman

Guest Mongo Lloyd

All you have to do is reload the pbem file. I've done similar things before but i just reload the file and do it over, no sweat.

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

I agree! I was playing this game were I had spent about 15 minutes just on setup and was just finishing up by moving my Jagd Tiger into some brush. I accidently dropped it in the open and when I went to pick it up, I landed on the "Go" button. Dam. I had to go over and styart all over again. Grrrr....

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

I think we should have "are you sure" dialogues with EVERY command in CM!

They could make one of those annoying paper-clip thingies from MS Office that pops up constantly asking you if you want to do that, wouldn't you rather do this instead, this wold be a better idea, you'll never penetrate that tank with that gun, who dressed you this morning, all that kind of stuff.

I, for one, am frankly terrified at the power to harm ourselves that BTS gives us by not constantly demanding us to confirm that we mean what we click.

Jeff Heidman

I think it would be much better to have HAL's voice say:

"Dave, you have clicked 'GO'. Are you sure this is what you wanted to do?"

"Dave, my analysis of your style of play indicates that you normally adjust or issue an average of 8.67 orders per turn. You have issued no orders this turn. Are you sure you wanted to hit 'GO'?"

BTW if it was PBEM who says you have to send the messed up turn after you hit go? This isn't chess.

[This message has been edited by RMC (edited 12-11-2000).]

Why not implement a judiciary system where it could be appealed for a higher ruling. Maybe real life drama, Judge Kitty!

Plaintiff: It was during this turn your Honor, that I accidentally hit go, and that has caused me irreparable harm.

Defendant: If it please your Honor, the plaintiff has yet to lose the game, and therefore is not entitled to a remedy.

Plaintiff: Your Honor, I was confused by the "GO" button. I wasn't sure if it meant I should leave the computer or if it was going to make the computer move somewhere else. Percentages clearly demonstrate that hundreds of thousands of players are confused by the "GO" button.

Defendant: Your Honor, this is the first time today anyone has sought a judiciary remedy for "GO" button irregularities.

From there of course, the entire dispute could be ruled upon by Judge Kitty in her rubberized Hampsta gown with the cute little black and silver fur sleeves. wink.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 12-11-2000).]

Actually, there's an old interface that works well for preventing this type of problem. It's called vision. If you look at what you're clicking on, you're less likely to miss-click. This integrates into the hand/eye coordination routine that runs constantly and keeps the pointer of the mouse in-sync with where your brain actually wants it to go.

To be truthful, I've done this myself once or twice, but instead of getting mad at the game, I got mad at the organism initiating the problem. Me. Try it.

------------------

This Space For Rent

I agree with Tiger on both points, since I've had the same experiences.

To prevent the accidental "Go" hit problem, I now save the turn as I go along making moves, which is a lot more annoying and time consuming than one simple "are you sure" question like the quit scenario and quit game questions already included.

I have no idea why units which have been ordered to turn or hide fail to do so, but I do notice it happening.

------------------

Only the Lawyer knows what Evil lurks in the minds of men....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Croda:

To be truthful, I've done this myself once or twice, but instead of getting mad at the game, I got mad at the organism initiating the problem. Me. Try it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can have organisms from CM and you consider that a problem??? Tell me how!! =D

Kitty

------------------

ICQ 8273286

http://www.fluffkitty.com

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitty:

You can have organisms from CM and you consider that a problem??? Tell me how!! =D

Kitty

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sad to say that I had to read that twice to get it, but now I'm laughing.

Let me tell you how to do it...

On second thought, it's pretty complicated. Come on over and I'll show you instead.

tongue.gif

------------------

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -

THIS SIG FILE BELONGS TO A COMPLETE FOO.

MR T WOULDN'T BE SO KIND AS TO WRINKLE AN EYEBROW AT THIS UNFORTUNATE BEING. PLEASE OFFER HIS PARENTS AND COHABITANTS ALL SYMPATHY POSSIBLE. MAY BE CONTAGIOUS. CONTAINS ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER, INTELLIGENCE AND WIT. STAND WELL CLEAR AND LIGHT WICK. BY ORDER PETERNZ

No offense, folks, but I can't beleive that this is even being discussed. I hate confirmation messages and love how fast CM is.

and thats all I have to say about that.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal