Using Captured Vehicles..........could we???

All you people have no idea what it means to me NICE do you....

Everything I say gets a SMART ASS answer from you guys... GET A LIFE...

------------------

Quote.

If you see a white plane it's American, if you see a black plane it's the RAF. If you see no planes at all it's the Luftwaffe." ---German soldier on the Western Front, 1944.

Most captured vehicles by both sides were sent back to rear units for testing then sent up to the front. A repaint and test might have taken a couple of days or weeks and is above spectrum of game. Allies sent all captured stuff back to Aberdeen or Britain

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JOCHEN PEIPER:

Everything I say gets a SMART ASS answer from you guys...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

'S funny... I wonder why that is...

------------------

Der ver zwei peanuts, valking down der Strasse, and von vas...assaulted! peanut. Ho-ho-ho-ho.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JOCHEN PEIPER:

MMMMMMMMMMM rolleyes.gif let me think.....maybe its because you guys have a chemical imbalance... as I said before...

I put up a harmless PIC of Herr Wittman and say it would be ideal for after the battle scenario...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You put up a pic of Whittman, then another pic, and another. You really should only post pics when it serves a purpose, like when Tiger is showing examples of his textures, or is your posting a diagram that explains a technical situation, ect. It's a waste of bandwith otherwise.

Good one, capturing stuff would be cool.

Also u could look at crew moving, there gun destroyed, to a similar gun if a that guns crew was killed and using it or another gun type maybe with a slight penality.

Nice pic.

------------------

Lo there do i see my father, Lo there do i see my Mother,and my sisters and my brothers,

Lo there do i see the line of my people back to the beginning,

Thou they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever....

I have a very hard time dealing with stupid people. I am sorry but I just cannot force myself to be even somewhat tolerant of dumbasses. And Pieper is just a dumbass. I cannot stand it when all people do is try to draw attention to themselves. I am not sure if this Pieper is suffering from a inferiority complex or just being an idiot. I suspect it is the latter. Geez how stupid do you have to be?!?

I think I can also safely generalize Mr. Pieper into the "ASS" catagory.

Jochen,

Though it's not permitted in the game at present and would be a further demand on scarce coding time from Charles, I'd love to be able to use captured vehicles and weapons in the game.

As I recall, the 4th Armored Division ran so much captured German stuff that it lavishly used air recognition panels and such to prevent being attacked by Allied forces, especially air. Wilson's book, FLAMETHROWER, has a fascinating section in which various German trucks, a Panther, a 251 and a bus loaded with Panzerfausts are taken into the Crocodile troop and hidden from higher authority.

Similarly, the long post someone put up on what U.S. soldiers thought of their equipment vs. that of the Germans had a juicy morsel to the effect that the recon units in one division were armed with the Panzerschreck. Of course, the real fun will come with CM2, where we'll have German T-34s (Das Reich at Kursk), a Russian StuG III or a company of Russian Panthers. I highly recommend that everyone take a look at Red Steel (www.algonet.se/~toriert/introduction.htm) and see that I'm not making this up. The photos are amazing.

(Special note to M. Hofbauer. The light AFV mounting six Panzerschrecks (conversion from Borgward B IV demolition vehicle--I forgot the name; starts with "W") in a pivoting armored shield is shown in a photo, complete with proud new Russian owners, in the section on captured German vehicles. This is the same vehicle for which your site shows a profile drawing.)

Of course, captured Jeeps and armored cars are a must for true Bulge afficionados--Operation Greif(sp?).

Hope this helps.

John Kettler