Scenarios active for download!

Thanks Moon. Downloaded what you had up. The "Counterattack at Carentan" is not active yet. Is it not finished or have you not had the time to get the links all activated ?

Thanks again. It looks like you put a lot of effort and time into your scenarios/operations and your website. It all looks outstanding !

[This message has been edited by Schrullenhaft (edited 06-16-2000).]

The Carentan scenario will be active later today. Need to do some last minute tweaking on the briefing text.

Notnowjohn - rightclick on the link and choose "Save target as..." - that should help. Let me know if not.

Martin

Moon:

I have the same problem as notnowjohn, except I can't fix it by following your instruction. When I right-click the file, I don't have "save target as" in the list of options. I do, however, get "save link as", so I used that and saved the files to a zip disk (I'm at work now, like most of us). It saved so fast that I'm not confident the actual file was downloaded. Comments, please?

p.s. nice looking site!

der Bob

der Bob - You have it correct. You should be saving a .cmb file. Instead of loading the text to the screen it is now saving it to a file.

I believe, though I'm not sure, the .cmb files for the scenarios are fairly small. Look at the scenario file sizes in the Gold demo. The scenarios I downloaded from Moon's site were between 15Kb and 25Kb in size.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moon:

Anticipating that the first few CD's should be with the first lucky few anytime soon, I have now activated the first few scenarios for Combat Mission. They can be downloaded from www.gamesofwar.de . Go to the Battles section.Enjoy!Martin<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great start Martin. I look forward to trying them out.

Allons

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You should be saving a .cmb<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except that McKinley's BN and Utrechtseweg are .cmc files. Does this mean they are operations (cmC for campaign vs. cmB for battle?) or is this a mistake in the file name extension?

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark.

-Flashman

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>another Flashy fan I see<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, and the Flashman Papers should be requried reading for anyone interested in achieving grognard status. I can't think of anybody who was in more **** and groaned louder over it than Brig. Gen. Sir Henry Paget Flashman, VC, KCB, KCIE, CLH, CMH, SSOPT. biggrin.gif

My only hope is that the chapters on his service in Mexico and the War of Between the States gets published before ol' GMF dies.

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark.

-Flashman

Thank you, gentlemen. You are, for the most part, scholars as well. I'll just have to wait for the game to arrive at my home to see if I got the complete scenario files, but based on your collective wisdom, it seems I managed to fumble through.

By the way, Flashy's stories are among the most enjoyable books I've read--except for the last one with John Brown (I think its title was "Flashman And The Angel of The Lord"), which I found so repetitive and boring that I couldn't force myself to finish it. Very odd, considering how riveted I was to all the previous volumes...

Anyway, thanks again to all of you for your kind and helpful replies.

der Bob

OK!! For the record people, "Save Target as" and "Save Link as" are the same thing!!! The first one is the MS Internet Explorer command and the second one is the Netscape command.

When a file downloads to the browser as garble then you have to right-click on the link and select one of the above commands.

You can still designate where you want to save them. On my system, I have a folder set up called "CM Goodies". And within that folder I have sub-folders called "Scenarios", "Operations", "Sounds", "Patches", "Graphics Mods". I bet you can't guess where I saved the 1.01 patch earlier today??

I mean com'on people, do we have to keep explaining basic OS and browser functions over and over again? Geez!! rolleyes.gif

------------------

Don't mind me. I'm just a little ol' realist.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-16-2000).]