One Click to Combat!

KMan

Announcing: CM One Click - A new utility to ease your PBEM woes.

<UL><LI>Imagine bypassing the load email and enter password screens</LI>

<LI>Imagine never having to find the right PBEM file to load</LI>

<LI>Imagine not having to remember which password you used for this PBEM game</LI>

<LI>Imagine not having to type in that password</LI>

<LI>Imagine pressing one button, and getting right into the battle</LI>

One Click is a Windows front end for Combat Mission which allows you to do all of the above. It has been tested by several members of this forum over the last few weeks, and has received many positive responses.

Download CM One Click

View the readme file

Here is a screen shot of the main screen. At this point, pressing the "Play" button on the right would load

the KManCrocky65.txt file and enter the correct password for it. When done viewing/plotting that turn, you are

automatically brought back to this point, and the Kilroy game would be highlighted - one click on "Play" and you're

in that game ready to plot orders or view the movie.

CMOneClick.gif

Boring stuff:

While playing Combat Mission PBEM games, I found it cumbersome to constantly try to find the right file to load,

and the right password to use for each file (I use different passwords for each game so I can exchange with my

opponents at the end of the game). While thinking about how much easier it would have been if BTS had provided

a command line interface to CM, I realized that the same thing could be accomplished by having another application

which passes mouse clicks and keystrokes to CM.

This is what CM One Click does. It keeps track of which file is next to be processed, and stores the password

associated with that game. When you press "Play" in CM One Click...CM gets loaded, and One Click simulates the

mouse clicks and keystrokes required to load that game and enter the password.

-KMan

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Wow, this looks great! Thanks for your hard work, Kman!

Did I read correctly that this utility wont work on a desktop greater than 1024 X 768 ?

Question - I save incoming emails in named subdirectories. ie, all of the files I receive from Peter, for example, go to C:/games/CMBO/PBEM/Peter, whereas all of the files I receive from Croda go to C:/yadayada/PBEM/Croda.

I gathered from the readme that all PBEM files needed to be stored in the PBEM folder for the front end to work. Is this correct?

------------------

Grand Poobah of the fresh fire of Heh.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Did I read correctly that this utility wont work on a desktop greater than 1024 X 768 ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It works up to 1280x1024. I can't test any higher than that since thats as high as my system goes. To support higher resolutions than 1280x1024, I need some assistance from someone whose system goes higher. Please email me if you'd be willing to help me get this working at higher resolutions.

-Kman

[This message has been edited by KMan (edited 11-24-2000).]

From Chupa:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Question - I save incoming emails in named subdirectories. ie, all of the files I receive from Peter, for example, go to C:/games/CMBO/PBEM/Peter, whereas all of the files I receive from Croda go to C:/yadayada/PBEM/Croda.

I gathered from the readme that all PBEM files needed to be stored in the PBEM folder for the front end to work. Is this correct?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sub directories should work fine. The screen shot above shows both Kilroy and Crocky in subdirectories. Not sure how much this has been tested though.

-K

From aaronb: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I look forward to the 'future' enhancements.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmmm...here is a list of the future enhancements from the readme. Any votes on what should be implemented next? Or something that is not on this list?

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Allow you to enter a directory which will be ignored by the "Add..." dialog box. This would be handy for ignoring games which are finished.

<LI>Command line interface to automatically process movie only turns

<LI>Automatically email resulting file to opponent

<LI>Friendlier results if CMBO disk not in drive at startup (utility will poll until disk is inserted)

<LI>Automatically update turn number when saving file

<LI>Automatically save file

<LI>Allow you to go back and play old movies (currently not allowed)

-KMan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR><LI>Automatically update turn number when saving file

<LI>Automatically save file

-KMan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's my vote. These are the speed and convenience options.

• 2 months later...

Originally posted by saru3000:

Aaron,you might want to give it another go.It works fine for me.

Thanks- I had to manually type in the link (Kman mentioned that it is case sensitive, which might have caused some issues).

This little gem needs to be bumped daily, or up on CMHQ.

------------------

my armoured assets have about the half-life of a gnat in DDT

- Germanboy

Not only will I bump this, but I'd like to pimp Kyle's other utility, CM Movie. Do a search and grab it, you can watch consecutive movie files with one click inbetween each one and a wait of as little as 5-10 seconds!

I think it's the closest you can get to the continuous movie ideal, and is a great review tool in addition to the entertainment value.