What tank do YOU think is best?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm partial to the M18 Hellcat. When used as intended they are great. Give me some favorable terrain and a pair of Hellcats and I'll have fun! Just watching them zip around the board is a kick. Put 'em in warp drive and let 'em go!!

I'm sure my most favorite will be the Russian JS2m. But I'll have to wait until CM2 releases for that one. biggrin.gif

------------------

It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. -Aesop

PLEASE do not say King Tiger or Sherman Jumbo.. they were not. The Tiger is a slow beast that is infantry meat in towns.

The Panther- all designations. Best mass produced tank every built for power, speed, close-combat defensive systems and smoke.

------------------

"And if Never Have

You Should,

These Things are Fun

And Fun is Good."

-Dr. Suess

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Medieval:

PLEASE do not say King Tiger or Sherman Jumbo.. they were not.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Sherman Jumbo: great armor,great gun (even better w/ HVAP), 2 .30 cal MG's, 1 .50 cal MG, good speed, average turret speed, okay ROF, an all around good tank.

No real weaknesses but nothing particularly outstanding.

Panther was the best mass produced in WWII. Maybe. Some of the Ostfront scholars would probably dispute you on that. WWII tanks are not comparable to modern tanks.

The post was asking what was the best tank in the game. If you think that panthers are better than KTs then ask yourself: What would be easier to win with? 5 panthers or 5 KTs? IMO the KT is just better in the game. The Jagdtiger would be the best but the limited ammo and lack of a turret make it less effective than the KT.

Churchill Croc! Fire! Fire! Fire!

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Panther.

You didn't ask for favorites, just the best all around, and I think that's it. There are bigger and more heavily armored tanks but they're not much good if they can't cross a bridge, spend half their time bogged, can't defend against infantry, or need to turn the whole vehicle to face a new threat.

Gotta have enough MGs to keep the squishies at bay. Need top cover for the crew and to keep the nasty mortars out. Need enough gun and enough armor to play with the big boys.

Panther.

In CM2: Panthers or M18s in terms of combat effectiveness. The cat kicks ass and M18s are fun to watch and also capable of kicking ass.

But my favorite in my heart is the Tiger. Maybe it was the way they were employed, and maybe it is that damn Villers-Bocage campaign but they retain a special place in my heart.

In Reality: Put me in an Israeli Centurion on the Golan any day, preferably 6 October, 1973.

WWB

I still say for all around the KT is the best. It's very hard to kill, it's got a navertigunswaffe for inf and some MGs. The HE is great for knocking things down. In bad weather every tank has problems, even those nifty HVSS tanks, so that is a disadvantage for the KT. But it's suffered to about the same degree by panthers. All around, not considering cost, the KT will come out on top.

Taking into account cost, firepower, maneuverability, and armor protection:

Germans: Tiger I - yes its a bit slow, but that front, side, and rear armor really keeps it going with shermans, bazookas, ACs, etc. running around. 88 packs a punch vs. infantry too . . .

U.S. - M36 Jackson - cheaper than a Sherman M4 and with a kick like a mule.

Brit. - Challenger - all-around very good tank and its relatively cheap.

------------

"Gewaltige Naturen mit starker Eigenpersönlichkeit darf man nicht aus der Umgebung reissen, die ihren Rythmus angenommen hat. . . .In diesem Falle besteht die Gefahr, que du sublime au ridicule il n’y a qu’un pas."

KTs are great...if you don't need to move them a whole lot. Panthers strike a damn good balance between AT/AP capability, armor, and speed. If I had a choice between 5 Panthers and 5 KTs, I'd take the Panthers.

In most situations in the game, I'd probably take Mark IVs over Panthers, but that's neither here nor there...

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

Keep in mind, fellas, the Russians are not a part of this thread. If so, I may have to move from the Panther to the T-34... but, we'll see its iteration in the game I hope.

And this is all LATE war stuff. The Stuart is one of the BEST early war American tanks.

The French B1-Bis is the best 1940 tank in the war. German armor couldn't touch it.... too bad the French had no idea how to use it.

:P

------------------

"And if Never Have

You Should,

These Things are Fun

And Fun is Good."

-Dr. Suess

Guest AggroMann

My personal favorite tank is the Tiger, however having used it extensivly in CMBO i know that it is certainly ot the best all around. I'd would reserve that title for the Panther. Powerful gun, well sloped and thick armour, reasonable speed and a good look about it.

Though not as good as looking as the Tiger.

------------------

AGGRO-MANN

Keep in mind, fellas, the Russians are not a part of this thread. If so, I may have to move from the Panther to the T-34... but, we'll see its iteration in the game I hope.

And this is all LATE war stuff. The Stuart is one of the BEST early war American tanks.

The French B1-Bis is the best 1940 tank in the war. German armor couldn't touch it.... too bad the French had no idea how to use it.

:P

------------------

"And if Never Have

You Should,

These Things are Fun

And Fun is Good."

-Dr. Suess