Things you should not expect from CM

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will we see:

Dead bodies killed by white phosphorus fired by a nahvertigungswaffe at a Norwegian army Panzerschrek team running through impenetrable bocage to escape the graphics of fire and smoke tweaked by CoolColJ because its -45 degrees in Saskatchewan and the demo doesn't have TCP/IP support because of barrel droop?

Did I forget anything? smile.gif

Goanna,

Or miss Parachute Regiment snipers killing over a dozen unarmed civilians on a civil rights march and then have a government cover it up for 25+ years...

Nah, I'm quite happy to leave the politics at home. Thankfully it's only a game and I'm quite happy to let it stay "only a game" with respect to touchy issues like that wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Lokesa, yeah that was a great Rock issue, had this old fart, hardnosed Kraut Von Rock clone guy leading his boys. Those really were fun comics...but I'm sure the Haunted Tank was a M3, right up until they created the crazy graveyard conversion special...

Did you ever hear the longlasting rumor that Ridley Scott wants to make a Sgt. Rock movie?

Zamo

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Bauhaus,

That was sick... really sick<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry, it was a continuation of Friday night. Forgot all about that soundtrack. I wish I could find it, but I think I trashed it.

Zamo, was it just one issue about the german squad??? I thought it was a short series. I traded my comics off for a guns of navarone playset.

Anyone remember the old G.I. Joe action figures? I hated my neighbor back then cause he had all the cool toys we couldn't afford. The best was blowing up his older brothers models, he would get sooooo mad biggrin.gif

Lokesa, The Guns of Navarone Playset! Man, I wanted that one bad, MY friend had one and I was so jealous. I had the Desert Fox Playset and the Battleground Playset, but missed out on the GON. I remember when I first got my Desert Fox set, the 105mm and 88mm had spring firing plastic shells (sprenggrenate??!) and I shot myself in the eye! Despite this I was so pissed when I got the BG set a few years later and the arty had been reworked to not have the springs inside. I'm still fuming!

Were you around when they had the WWII Axis GI Joes?

I bought these figures that are just like GIJOE recently. They are german wermacht and done sooooo real. they have realistic guns,uniforms,helmuts,potato masher grenades and gear. They are made by Dragon action figures. the one is a german NCO named Gerhard and comes w/ a atmm the other is an infantry private namrd Klaus. They have triple jointed legs and arms and real lookiung faces.ill try to find a link to get them although i had a hard time getting mine. They can be bent to almost any position.

I remember the spring fired arty pieces, those were cool smile.gif

Never had any GIJOE myself, just played with my neighbors, he never had any germans frown.gif