No System + No CM = No life

Well, my little system hasn't arrived yet at the store and I can finally order CM today (mail-order - I don't have a credit card thanks to nasty creditors) so that'll take 3 or more weeks just to get here to Canada.

And to top it all off I don't have a girlfriend so I can't pass the time waiting with wild passionate sex.

Could life be anymore boring?

------------------

"What, me worry?" - Alfred E. Newman

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigFatGeneralSafeAtHQ:

take 3 or more weeks just to get here to Canada.

And to top it all off I don't have a girlfriend so I can't pass the time waiting with wild passionate sex.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mmm, bummer. Are you in Vancouver? If so you could come on by for a hot seat battle. Or maybe better yet, have sex with my girlfriend so I can get some time to play CMBO. rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 82nd Airborne:

Mmm, bummer. Are you in Vancouver? If so you could come on by for a hot seat battle. Or maybe better yet, have sex with my girlfriend so I can get some time to play CMBO. rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this qualifies as post of the day.

------------------

Ow, my leg!

It's the American ego, pure ego. I also feel bad for you. All you can do now is just stare at screenshots and pout. (man,am I mean or what????) Patience has it's just reward, I'm also waiting for my copy to arrive......

-Ski

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"

Guest Michael emrys

Well, my little system hasn't arrived yet at the store and I can finally order CM today (mail-order - I don't have a credit card thanks to nasty creditors) so that'll take 3 or more weeks just to get here to Canada.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you considered taking up birdwatching? It's always good to have a fallback.

Michael

Just Imagine, playing Sunday a heated PBEM game and during lag time of waiting for your next move..... sitting and watching an N.F.L Game on your Satellite Dish...sipping on your Favorite Beer...waiting for the good old sound from your computer....."You got Mail!".... so much time for your woman on that day! wink.gif

------------------

"Victory smiles upon those who anticipate the changes in the character of war, not upon those who wait to adapt themselves after they occur."

General Guilio Douhet

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been married for a long time so I'd like to know, what's wild passionate sex?

Mace

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get a Pug. If you don't hunt and don't mind the shedding they're the best dog you could have. They'll happily sit on your lap all night while you play CM and absolutely love you for it. Now as far as the girlfriend thing is concerned: a Colonel once told me "If it flys, floats, or fornicates, it's cheaper to rent."

(See how I tied that into CM and the military? wink.gif

------------------

He who gets there the fastest with the mostest wins.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GonzoAttacker:

Just Imagine, playing Sunday a heated PBEM game and during lag time of waiting for your next move..... sitting and watching an N.F.L Game on your Satellite Dish...sipping on your Favorite Beer...waiting for the good old sound from your computer....."You got Mail!".... so much time for your woman on that day! wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tomorrow is my first Sunday with NFL Sunday Ticket... I can't wait. At least I have CM to keep me occupied.

I use the "incoming!" wav file as the sound effect for arriving e-mail. It scares the hell out of me if I am not at the computer and left the volume on the speakers up.

------------------

No me llamo Samuel, me llamo Pedro!

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mace:

I've been married for a long time so I'd like to know, what's wild passionate sex?

Mace

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The kind that other people have. wink.gif

Michael

• 4 months later...
Guest Captitalistdoginchina

What a great idea - How can i set the "Incoming" wav file as my e-mail notification ?

CDIC

PS. Wild Passionate Sex ? I have heard that before...oh yes my wife was asking for that too, but i really need to finish those pbem files first, but by that time she is usually asleep smile.gif

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

First you have to know in which directory your desired sound file is saved. Then go to the sounds properties in the Windows control panel. Scroll down the list a bit till you see "new mail notification" and click on it. Then browse to find the wav file you want and click on it. The name of that file should now appear as the file that will be played when you get a new e-mail. You can test the sound with the preview button. You can set any wav file on your computer to play as your e-mail notification.

P.S. If you specifically want "Incoming!" to play as your e-mail notification you can copy the file off the Close Combat 1 disk, or you can use the CMBO wav file. I prefer the CC1 sound. I can e-mail it to you if you don't have it.

[This message has been edited by Pvt. Ryan (edited 01-05-2001).]