Panzertruppens Hi-Detail Building Mod Ready on CMHQ!!!!! GO GO GO!!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Yup, both his new version 2 Urban Building Mod and his brand new Winter Building mods are both ready and damn impressive! Also posted a small update to the DD Full Foliage Mod Pack with some much better Autumn trees so check it out as well.

Madmatt

p.s. And take a look at upcoming bridge mod below!

woodenbridge.jpg

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-02-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Hey? Whats the matter here?!? Only ONE reply so far?!? WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

Guest barrold713

Sorry Matt...just getting fully caffienated for the day.

I am going to head over and get the new mod. With the other textures from last night, the new patch, and the new buildings I am saying the heck with Christmas shopping today and playing CM!

Thanks to the mod authors and your continued excellent efforts.

BDH

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

Madmatt

We are all captizated by the amazing detail

to the buildings and tree mod that finally we

have managed to tear ourselves away from looking at these marvels of creation to say.......WOW what a GREAT JOB.

Deadline

------------------

"My honor is Life both grow as one, take honor

from me and my life is done."

Aww, man! The new buildings... It's like..., Like I've just found me long lost glasses. Crisp, clear, luvverly! biggrin.gif

------------------

Der ver zwei peanuts, valking down der Strasse, and von vas...assaulted! peanut. Ho-ho-ho-ho.

Guest SS Peiper

WOW thanks Panzertruppen and Madmatt great stuff. Madmatt that new bridge looks impressive, I got to have it. Will it be ready this weekend?

SS Peiper

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

OH! MY GOD!

YES YES YES! Thats just what I needed!

That bridge looks GOOD! Thank the lord!

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

I've been an avid lurker for the past few months since I got this fantastic game. I'm forced to make my first post because I've just got to congratulate the author of these building mods. To say they are just unbelievably awesome is an understatement! I've been firing up maps just to look at the buildings? Unbelievable. Thank you so much for the hard work, this really improves the game (if such a thing were possible!)

Murph

Can I ask some people what system specs they are running the new building mod on? I want to get an idea how much it will slow my system before d/loading.

Thanks ahead of time!

------------------

"The truth was that the Germans were losing faster than the Allies could win." - A Bridge Too Far

Thanks guys!

Chupa's system is closer to mine... so I'm d/loading 'em to give it a whirl, since he has no probs with an 8 mb card.

Thanks again!

------------------

"The truth was that the Germans were losing faster than the Allies could win." - A Bridge Too Far

I'm glad to hear most people are enjoying the buildings. For me, that made all the hard work worth it.

The textures were created on a Pentium II 400mhz, 128 meg RAM, Geforce 2. That system will be upgraded to an Athlon 900mhz, 256 meg RAM early next week. Can hardly wait.

I have heard a few comments about the buildings being somewhat dark. That may be. It's hard for me to tell. With the way my gamma settings and video card are configured they look just right on my system, but I can't tell how they appear for others. It is quite well known that there is usually quite a difference between the way 3dfx based cards and Nvidia based cards display. 3dfx drivers tend to be far "brighter."

Of course someone could always use Paint Shop Pro or some other utility to lighten or darken them a little. It's a good point, but I'm not sure I could solve it to everyone's satisfaction.

Don

I wouldn't even worry Don...these buildings are FANTASTIC! and you've done a bang up job and many as you see, appreciate your efforts.

If they are a little dark to some screw 'em!

You efforts are first rate and noted.

Thanks for adding that much more depth to my CM gaming pleasure.

Impressed as hell,

Mord

I put the new buildings in about two hours ago and I was so amazed I just stopped rotating and panning around about 10 minutes ago! You've outdone yourself, the detail is incredible! I love the map of France and the Paris signs. Thank you for all the hard work.

------------------

Nicht Schiessen!!

I just placed the buildings on my AMD K6-2 380 mhz, 80 mb ram, Voodoo 2 12mb system, and there is no noticeable difference so far.

Now then, this could be because my system only allows me to play small and medium maps... until I get my Voodoo 3 3000 installed.

It's odd how performance is affected by certain mods on certian machines... because if I install just ONE of Tigers hi-res tanks, it shoots my system to hell. However, as I said, no effects with these beautiful buildings so far.

I gotta add my voice to those who think this mod looks EXCELLENT! I will let it grow on me a bit but I tell you what...if someone saw a screenshot from the original game and compared the same shot with the host of excellent mods made by this fine community installed...I'm not sure they would think it's the same game!! My compliments to the author of this fine mod. And I don't think anyone can truthfully say that CM's graphics "suck" anymore!! smile.gif

------------------

DeanCo--

CM interface mods: http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

The buildings are very nice but a few complaints (constructive crit). I don't care much for the dirt brown stone wall; the house textures are too "soft"; the roof tiles have no damaged look to them and the seams show too clearly (ha-ha-Matt) smile.gif ; too much of the same brown used throughout. Kind of looks like id software designed buildings biggrin.gif . Other than these minor quibbles they look fantastic.

-john

Every time a new building or terrain mod comes out, I think it can't possibly get any better. And now these new ones by PZ and DD raise the quality bar yet again. Incredible! At long last I am finally happy with the way everything looks. Now if we could only have a hi-res version of every vehicle too, the game would be perfect. Thanks again, guys..

------------------

Ob's stürmt oder schneit, ob die Sonne uns lacht, der Tag glühend heiß oder eiskalt die Nacht, bestaubt sind die Gesichter, doch froh ist unser sinn, ja unser sinn, es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin

-- Panzerlied