CM Release Party?!

Hello BTS!!

How about doing a big CM release party somewhere??

featuring:

<ul>

<LI> Steve and Charles signing copies of CM

<LI> buying vastly overpriced CM T-shirts, coffee mugs and other merchandising stuff, including "Madmatt"-action figures.

<LI> engaging in a formal drinking contest: Lindan vs. Capt. Foobar

<LI> Fionn "Deathdealer" Kelly playing vs 8 different people at the same time. (winning)

<LI> playing Hotseat on 100 Computers

<LI> lightly dressed models serving drinks

<LI> discussing the "dead bodies"-topic over and over again

<LI> sharing war-stories (do you remember? this small cafe in Riesberg with the live girls?)

<LI> making donations for the founding of the first "Psychological Care Center for Combat Mission Addicts"

Please inform me as early as possible when the party is going to be, as I have to get a last-minute flight to the USA then.

any suggestions regarding the release party please mail to: Lindan - CM release party consultant

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

[This message has been edited by Lindan (edited 04-03-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>including "Madmatt"-action figures.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Action figures which look strangely like...JOHN ROMERO!!

Oh God please make it stop! No more Daikablahblah hype! I'd rather be confined to the battlecruiser3000 newsgroup.

DjB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lindan:

<ul>

<LI> Steve and Charles signing copies of CM

<LI> buying vastly overpriced CM T-shirts, coffee mugs and other merchandising stuff, including "Madmatt"-action figures.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally, I'll hold out until they make the variant Madmatt figure that transforms from man to Tiger tank and has the snap-on armor and the glow-in-the-dark utility belt. And maybe he could talk or something. smile.gif

But I like the idea of the release party thing... I'm always up for overpriced t-shirts... although I'm wondering if it might not be too scary for Steve and Charles to see exactly who's buying their game? tongue.gif I'd even consider driving/flying from Montana to be there...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ol' Blood & Guts:

Who's bringing the Dancing Girls?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That'd be me. My father in-law owns a entertainment co. and he has all sorts of Models, Strippers, Swedish bikini teams, on file. Just let me know what you want and i'll set it up smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Compassion:

And how do I know? Uh... I dunno... I don't have any action dollies....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He he ... speak for yourself. Sittin on my shelf just a few feet away are a Kettenkrad and a Schwimmwagen, complete with a 12" Wehrmacht squad biggrin.gif Although I'm saving my money now for the Me-109 that's coming out next year... I just hope they release some kind of Luftwaffe uniform to go with it... smile.gif

But on the topic of meeting places for the par-tay, I don't much care. Wherever we have it will be a loooong way away from Montana most likely, so it doesn't much matter. Too bad we can't rent out the Patton museum or something tongue.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Miyamoto Musashi:

But on the topic of meeting places for the par-tay, I don't much care. Wherever we have it will be a loooong way away from Montana most likely, so it doesn't much matter. Too bad we can't rent out the Patton museum or something tongue.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or better yet, we can hold it at the US Army Ordnance Museum at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland. The museum there BLOWS Fort Knox away... many more vehicles on display.. including German railroad guns, all sorts of German, American, Russian, Italian armor..

Maybe we can make a convention out of it. smile.gif

Greg

------------------

I love the f***ing Army

and the Army loves f***ing me

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by G Ned Anderson:

Maybe we can make a convention out of it. smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A convention, huh? he he... we'd need to come up with some kind of catchy nickname for CM addicts... like a blood and guts answer to Trekkie wink.gif Then we could all stand around in our undersized CM t-shirts wearing Steve and Charles masks and cheering as Fionn answered questions in an open forum on penetration statistics. biggrin.gif