Oh...I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK

I sleep all night and I work all day

Mace

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterNZer:

Croda, you misaligned blob of Precambrian ooze. What on earth possessed your parents to consider mating with those insects in amber to produce yourself as an offspring? Surely your LOSS to me has confused your brain and you fail to bow down to your superior squire. I call the BLOOD HAMSTER upon you! Not only are you a poor tactician you have about as much honor as a margarine salesman at a fat-assed trailer-trash convention. We agreed the looser would pay the winner in some appropriate way yet such payment is not forthcoming! I call upon an INQUISITION OF PENG to try you and after we've found you Guilty, to PUNISH you! In case your memory is as poor as your wit YOU LOST. Understand? I'm sure it is something you are more than familiar with already. Should you care to loose again, send me a setup!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does this post refresh your memory, Croda? IIRC that payment was in the form of setting the others SIG. Don't make me wade through the Pool to pull up this skeleton.

Ahhh... My turn comes you say? Excellent.... Anyway.. Don't try and pretend that you do not fear me setting your sig for you know, as well as I do, that I would win any such battle. I fear you as one would fear an angry yappy little dog. While I may not want to get bit, I know if that little sucker even trys I will kick it into next f**king week.

Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Perhaps this sig will do:

"My name is Shandorf and I have a really big butt and I like to kiss my own butt and I like to have my eyes plucked out, put in my pockets, so I can watch everyone else kick my butt."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hiram,

You truly do amuse me. I haven't heard something like that since...ahhh.. I don't know. Kindergarten, perhaps?

I think I will make you my new whipping boy. While Croda is inept on the battle field I have seen improvement. While you on the other hand are nothing but a dribbling fool that only in a fantasy world would be put in charge of other people's lives.

Watching you on the attack is like watching the clown show at the Zurah Shrine Circus. Utterly amusing and sad at the same time. Ahhh.. the poor fools with Hiram, the Head Clown, at the controls.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by jshandorf (edited 12-07-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jshandorf:

Not sure, I wasn't listening.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NZer and I are going to undergo an appropriate test of strength, the other god-forsaken thing being more of a Marx Brothers routine than a test of tacticians. That shall allow the setting of the other's sig.

If you would care to undergo a challenge of the same sort, let me propose this:

We both know that I am ill-equipped to do more than prolong the conflict that we are currently engaged in. Your initial arty barrages (I assume I stumbled on a TRP) decimated me. My heavy AFVs still stand, but with little cogent infantry left to support them. My arty (significant amount and caliber) has yet to fall, but considering the LOS in this fog, will likely land in someone else's PBEM than ours. Bottom line, the end result of our match will most likely be a Minor or Major win for you. I believe I can take the near flag and probably hold it, but at extreme casualties. You are bloodied, but not to the point of not being able to defend, so it will be an exercise in casualty causing until it ends. Back to my proposition: we can continue to play this game out, maybe I'll get lucky enough to do something smart and push a near-draw, but if you'd like to battle for something embarassing, then I suggest me create a real battle like Peter and I are doing. I'm in the mood to fight some large-scale conflicts. Tell me what you think and how you'd like to proceed, and then I'll truly kick you to the turn like a mangy mongrel. I have some things I'd like to try out. Respond here or send a setup. You Suck AssHead.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks: You rock, Croda<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hiram, You caught me, you bastard. I do have a really really big butt. I was hoping nobody on this board would find out but you discovered my sad little secret. I was taunted as a child because of my abnormally large hips and round bottom. Don't tell Croda, cause he'll make fun of me too.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by jshandorf (edited 12-07-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, your secret is safe with me. Sorry bout touching on the sensitive subject.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Croda:

[Wants to play big battle so his lose can be drawn out over a longer period so that he has time to cope.]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OKay, Croda. You're on. Send away. But lets keep playing our current little battle. I am enjoying it and it is exciting, albeit slow.

To let you know. I bought no TRPs. I just placed my FOs in good positions. You helped out alot by advancing in some human body wave tactic that the insane russians were known for. I suggest that in our next battle you refrain from such tactics.

Jeff

OKay, Croda. You're on. Send away. But lets keep playing our current little battle. I am enjoying it and it is exciting, albeit slow.

To let you know. I bought no TRPs. I just placed my FOs in good positions. You helped out alot by advancing in some human body wave tactic that the insane russians were known for. I suggest that in our next battle you refrain from such tactics.

Jeff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I truly hate to digress this thread into a tactical discussion (of all things!), but there was logic behind the maneuver, it just didn't pay off. My goal was to move up the center in an attempt to mislead you as to my point of attack, and then swing left quick to attack your right flank. I massed my men for both speed and an attempt to mask my strength. Your arty was dead on and made a mess of my formation. If I had it again, I'd do it differently, but it's rare that someone wouldn't change some aspect of the battle. My change just happens to be a major one. My gaff, my loss. If you had it to do again, I don't know that you would have committed that counter-attack on my men on your right, considering the armor I had there. It was very effective, but probably too costly for you. Mail or post as to your preference of side and attack/defend.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks: You rock, Croda<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes... Keep going little man.

BTW, where the hell is my turn? I KNOW I sent out yours. Why haven't you replied in kind? Me thinks it has something to do with the large patch of grass growing on our ass. Afraid of something?

Jeff

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey BB, chew on this:

"The strongest and most effective force in guaranteeing the long-term maintenance of power is not violence in all the forms deployed by the dominant to control the dominated, but consent in all the forms in which the dominated acquiesce in their own domination."

Croaker

Since you have time to prance about in the pool I assume you had time to send me another chapter of "As the Hun Sits"?

MarLowBrow

As the earth groans under the weight of all the cold steel soon to be inhabiting our battlefield, so will your shorts groan under the weight of all the poopydoops they will be struggling to contain once your loss begins.

jshandjob

I will throw a 1000-pointer together and projectile-vomit it your way. Bless it or curse it and send it back. Since I'm doing meeting engagement and a defense I'll attack you.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jdmorse:

I can see here you have time for yer new shelia, DKNY.....hey got to work in the local patois........

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roight. Will do mate.

'Ere thet DKNY, from now on, yer me shelia.

------------------

Australia, Australia, Australia, Australia, we love you amen.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dalem:

Croaker

Since you have time to prance about in the pool I assume you had time to send me another chapter of "As the Hun Sits"?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am salivating like an Aussie in the barnyard when the famer's gone to town. I cannot wait to continue our game. And yes, you will find a turn in your mailbox.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dalem:

The earth groans in disgust at my presence

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yer too bleed'n ugly to be me shelia, go try Croda.

Or better yet, here's a bickie, now sod off ya bugger.

------------------

Australia, Australia, Australia, Australia, we love you amen.

[This message has been edited by Marlow (edited 12-07-2000).]

Originally posted by Marlow:

DKNY,

...I will thump you between your vacant eyes with your own leg, and then beat you about the face and neck with a spoiled-milk-boiled goldfish....and so on...

<big sigh> yes, yes, of course you will Marlow, that is, you'll try when you get around to posting the next turn.

I started another pbem the same day I started playing you. That game is on turn 45, the game I'm playing against you is on turn 8?!!

In fact my troops are starting to get so bored waiting for you to do something, anything!! that I noticed one of my FO's holding plans for a lifesize reconstruction of Hadrian's Wall across the middle of the map, built to a timescale that calls for the employment not only of my present generation of troops, but their descendants! in fact seeing as this limp wristed conflict looks like its going to draw out into infinity I am almost looking forward to you beating me about the head with my own leg just for the change of pace.

I wont go away, I kind of enjoy the fact that I 'bother' you..

------------------

"If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"

- Readers' Q and A column in TV Guide, 1985

[This message has been edited by DVN-UK (edited 12-07-2000).]

Lorak incase you need a translation of OGSF earlier ejaculation, he has enacted a topplement upon me score 90 to 10.

That is all.

------------------

Work is the curse of the drinking class.

I have nothing else to say. Ya, quote that you rat bastards.

-Meeks

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rune:

I demand satisfaction. I choose..........Pawbroom to fight you in the scenario I just created with French troops trying to capture a town. pawbroom, make Marlow plaw the Free French and help yourself to wiping him all over the map. I want my young squire spanked severely. [sit down Bauhaus]

Now back to ducking Morse ....

Rune

Commander

Army of the Porcupine

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brave Sir Rune,

I stand in gape-jawed disbelief that you would send a proxy to do what is rightly your job. Part of the responsibility of being a k-niggit to a squire is the occasional harsh reminder of our proper place in life. That you would welsh on this sacred duty, and send another in your place … oh, the shame, the shame.

Also, even if you are going to chicken out from beating me personally, I would expect that, as Chicagoan, someone from me own former home town, you would send someone other than a Frog to do the job. I mean, is there suddenly a lack of et'nics on the sout side? I would thing a Pole, I-talian, Irish, or even (God help me) a Greek would be a more appropriate choice given your geography.

[This message has been edited by Marlow (edited 12-07-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

Class is in session, kiddies, no all sit down and shut the feck up. Today we will learn the difference between 'walk' and 'move', something that some people on this board obviously find terribly difficult, and therefore all of you lot will have to stay here after hours instead of going to the Pool. So there, take it out on you-know-who...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by some failure who can not read English, despite it being his native tongue:*snip*I am very foolish and there is no need to quote this utterly unimportant bit of mere noise posted by me*snip* And about the whole "walk" / "move" thing - The graphical representation on the screen is that of soldiers walking upright as if on parade. This is a little misleading in this day and age of WYSIWYG. The "sneak" command has the same graphics, I think; but at least the word "sneak" conveys an image of soldiers taking cover where as "move" does not. See the confusion?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

God I so love to be singled out and see my name in a thread title...

So class, let us examine - while 'sneak' as a command conveys the idea of 'sneaking', despite using a walking representation (which, as Mr.My-SAT-Score-Sucked assures us is not good enough in this day and age, since he is so proficient in coding that he can soundly pronounce the ultimate wisdom on the topic), 'move', using a walking representation won't do, because it taxes his imagination too much. I recommend having a look at www.dictionary.com , that should clear up the confusion, or alternatively, spend pre-school actually listening instead of playing 'I show you mine, why are you not interested' all the time. Even in the US education system teachers should be able to know the difference between 'move' (a concept in most cases) and 'walk' (an activity in most cases).

In closing my dear pupils, some people are really amazing, and obviously live very difficult lives, seeing that they are being challenged by the most simplest of concepts. Makes you wonder whether intellectually healthy debate has moved into the Peng Thread - a scary thought no doubt, but one which we ought to ponder. So be careful when you venture out, and you all know who to trashcan today. Enjoy the rest of your afternoon off.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 12-07-2000).]

Of course I send you a frenchman...that is all you rate. You have not defeated croda yet. CRODA...the man of 1000 losses. Until you defeat him, you are beneath even my contempt. A frenchman is all you desire...err..deserve. Once you defeat SOMEONE young pup, then you may address me.

As for the lawyer boy...alas he is MIA once more. I haven't seen someone duck so much since a daffy cartoon festival. Chasing ambulances again I would think.

At least Gerbilboy can offend someone out there in the real world. You two can't even do that in the mutha of all threads...

Pathetic Losers...

Rune

Commander

Army of the Porcupine

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marlow:

Brave Sir Rune,

I stand in gape-jawed disbelief that you would send a proxy to do what is rightly your job. Part of the responsibility of being a k-niggit to a squire is the occasional harsh reminder of our proper place in life. That you would welsh on this sacred duty, and send another in your place … oh, the shame, the shame.

Also, even if you are going to chicken out from beating me personally, I would expect that, as Chicagoan, someone from me own former home town, you would send someone other than a Frog to do the job. I mean, is there suddenly a lack of et'nics on the sout side? I would thing a Pole, I-talian, Irish, or even (God help me) a Greek would be a more appropriate choice given your geography.

[This message has been edited by Marlow (edited 12-07-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Today we will learn the difference between 'walk' and 'move', ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but CM certainly will not be complete until the "serpentine" move is modeled.

------------------

"Moriarty, you suck." -- Dunno, but somebody must've said it somewhere along the line

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rune:

As for the lawyer boy...alas he is MIA once more. I haven't seen someone duck so much since a daffy cartoon festival. Chasing ambulances again I would think.,,,,etc much telological ontological and existensial angst about how he just can't seem to play anyone<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

runt Your days of ducking disembowled topplement are over. It is either put up or shut up. You have run and hid behind mommies apron long enough my little kami.....time to plant you in the garden of hasbeens....you talk but no action.

So here's the deal......either an appropriate setup appears in my mailbox (none of your evilness) by tonight after work or one shall be winging it's way to you. Duck it at your peril. After all I am a mere lawyer.

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

Time for a wee game update:

PushBroom: Last turn. Can't really say who's going to win this one. He fough a good fight ... for a Frenchman.

Chuppy: Just getting under way. Good thing his MG can't shoot so good. My spotter farts in his general direction.

BlouseMouse: Doesn't know what's coming or from where.

Old Firm Gummer: Just getting started.

Gerbiltoy: Gored a platoon in the heavy woods and banged up a Hetzer. Who'da thought he'd use elites. My vets are going to have a rough go of it.

jdmorseorless: AI gives him a Panther and I get ****e. Fortunately, on the surreal night landscape, visibility about 70m, he can't kill all my valiant troopage. He's taken to Lorak's tactic of urban renewal.

Lorak: Haven't heard. Must be planning something special for TC Schutz. It's pretty near the end but I still can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Seanachai: Has knocked out an ATG. His pommies took it in the shorts on a wooded hill. Kept running back into my arsonists. Then he began shelling the snot out of that hill. Fortunately, my guys had already evac'd their positions. They really enjoyed watching all those things go boom in the night in the positions they no longer inhabited.

Spamdorf: Have accepted his challenge and returned the setup.

------------------

"Moriarty, you suck." -- Dunno, but somebody must've said it somewhere along the line

Rune's Topplement

***For public release****

In some nightmare Marlow-like journey into stygian gloom and miasma, I return from the lair of the Beta-kami, Rune. I found the erst-while denizen muttering to himself, rocking in a chair on his porch, his teeth in the jar next to him. The gist of his dark stream of consciousness seems to surround a paranoiac delusion that he is actually trying to play games of combat mission.

When I confronted him with his mewling, posing and posturing, being fraudulent misrepresentations of his actual intent to accept a challenge, he averred, cackling "Shhhhh, don't have time, madmatt and I are communing." His rocking increased markedly and since his hand, under the blanket on his lap was moving furiously, I spake no more. Suddenly letting out a guttural moan, his other hand flopped into sight, gently and softly caressing his "NDA" of which we know he is, oh so fond.

Spying his bottles of medications and knocking them to the floor and standing on his IV and breathing tube, I was able to coax out of him a commitment that at the beginning of the New Millennium he shall summons Sancho Panza, mount his trusty steed and once again to ride forth, where I shall immediately cut him down, tearing him asunder from this world of the living and send him to the nether hells where, with much lamentation and gnashing of teeth he shall remain, tormented for all eternity that he lost to me, a mere country lawyer.

It is now public old man, you can either surrender now, quaking in your bones, or defend your honor, as if you have any. Till next we meet, I remain your humble servant

JD, Esq.

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 12-07-2000).]