How did you guys first hear of CM?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Michael emrys

I first heard about CM (we were calling it CSL at the time) when BTS announced that Avalon Hill had contracted with them to do a computerized version of Squad Leader after they had rejected Close Combat.

This was on BTS' original board, before this one got organized. I had been hanging out on that board for a while as a result of Over the Reich and Achtung Spitfire. Believe me, the message traffic was a lot less in those days! I could read everything posted during the day in about 15 minutes. Now it takes me at least 3 hours, and I skip at least half the new posts.

Michael

pcgameworld.com demo area. found the gold demo there.

hehe, after having the Germans hand me my butt in CE, I got intrigued and took a much closer look and the AI amazed me. Needless to say I quit using RTS mode "tactics" and started using what I know of real-world tactics!

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

Glowing reviews of CM on-line (I encountered several), while looking for a new strat game to buy. DL'ed the demo nad couldn't believe what I was seeing!

My Gawd, they've put Panzer/88/Armor on the computer!!

Immediately ordered the full game and e-mailed several old wargame/strat game buddies, one of whom ordered and is a frequent PBEM opponent. Two others are planning to order when they aren't so broke - I gotta get some better class of friends smile.gif

- Old Dog

Well I had been looking for a good wargame and while I was reading the reveiw of CM in Computer Gameing World I thought I would go to the website and download the demo.

I loved the demo and the next day bought the game with my hard earned allowance of mowing lawns and cleaning up dog s..t smile.gif

Well I had been looking for a good wargame and while I was reading the reveiw of CM in Computer Gameing World I thought I would go to the website and download the demo.

I loved the demo and the next day bought the game with my hard earned allowance of mowing lawns and cleaning up dog s..t smile.gif

First heard about it on Inside Mac Games online. I'm a hard-core flight sim fanatic and was doing my usual perusal, but made the mistake of downloading the Beta. Two weeks later the Gold demo came out and I haven't looked back. I haven't touched my joystick, throttle, pedals, or wife since.

Come to think of it... Honey? Are you there? Honey?.......

One day I got back from work, and saw my Chinchilla playing the beta demo on my pc - he had downloaded it.

I had to bribe him with raisins to get his paws of the keyboard an mouse, and decided to try the game for myself. I was hooked. Much better than playing ASL, there are no cardboard pieces for the chinchilla to chew.

Epée

The guy who I turned onto Steel Panthers and later got him a summer job in the States, Ciril Rozic of Split, Croatia, sent me an email about it last November.

We played lots of Steel Panthers, which was the closest thing to my all time favorite wargames, Squad Leader and Tobruk.

I d/led the beta, and ever since then I have regressed in mental age some 18 years.

It really is THE GAME I always wanted.

Now, if someone would go through all this effort to do a computer WW2 strategic game ala World In Flames, I'd be content and never buy another wargame type.

Thanks, BTS!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by barrold713:

I first heard of CM in Computer Gaming World magazine and checked out the demo after reading their 5-star review.

Their comment that it was the ultimate wargame that we've been waiting for had me drooling with an anticipation that was partially satisfied by the demo and completely slaked by the full version purchased immediately after playing VOT one time.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dejavu!

Originally posted by Maximus:

Geez, 109 Gustov, you're not hard to convince are you? Been around since the Beta Demo and you just now ordered?

I hardly believe that. With characteristics like that, it makes me question one's decision making ability.

Oh, I made the decision. Ordered three days ago, and my keyboard is all sticky from the drool wink.gif I couldn't order it until beginning of september, because I was commercial fishing through the summer, and I was never anywhere near a computer. I left about 2 weeks before it was released, and I was sooo jealous of all you people who would be able to get it right then.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Frined from school told me about it since we plays Close combat. SAid it was cool. Grabbed the demo seems cool but i have not enugh money for the real thing.

1 qusteion. wh y dont the little dead guys bleed? that would be cool!

Tnkrz_Aze

"If your not a Tnkrz your not nothing"