On the subject of enlightening my woman

Last night my girlfriend and I were involved in a conversation where the crass and flinch inducing statement of "that video game you play" (Combat Mission)came up. Well my friends I set about quickly pointing out that Combat Mission is NOT(Shudder)"A Video Game" but a "tacticle simulation of infantry and armored combat set during and after the period of the invasion of Normandy" I believe the reply was "well, whatever". Her eyes have a way of glazing over whenever it comes to such topics. smile.gif

Hey it sounded sweet to me.

Mord: changing the video game viewpoints of girlfriends around the globe one statement at a time.

My Girlfriend has come to know Combat Mission as an appendage of my body.

Often if she phones me from elsewhere, one of the first things she'll say is "Are you playing your Combat Mission?"

smile.gif

The only way to retain both Combat Mission and your girlfriend is to keep one of them in a constant state of sexual exhaustion. I will leave it to you to figure out which one it should be.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pillar:

He's talking about CM, right?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

remind me never to play a hotseat game on your 'puter.

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

I have discovered that is possible to keep my wife happy and play CMBO. I just had to give her the Victoria's Secret credit cards.

Now, will I have any money left to buy CM2????

------------------

Navare

"I am determined to prove a villian..."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pillar:

Often if she phones me from elsewhere, one of the first things she'll say is "Are you playing your Combat Mission?"

smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Elena (my wife) calls CM the "chicken game". I have no earthly idea what she means (but I'm pretty sure it's pejorative). She's from Spain, but that doesn't help me much....

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

People, people, people. There should be no contest as to which you choose regarding a significant other and a wargame simulation. If it takes you a few secondes to even figure out which I am advocating then shame on you.

CM always comes first. biggrin.gif

------------------

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."

Guest Madmatt

Why Combat Mission Is Better Than My Girlfriend:

I can't shut her off by pressing the Escape key.

Combat Mission doesn't mind if I just want a Quickie Battle.

Combat Mission Mulitasks.

Long Operations in Combat Mission don't involve picking it up, taking it to the mall and then sitting and waiting while it shops for clothes.

I can press Shift-S and turn off the sound!

45 bucks plus shipping... THATS ALL IT COST!

Unlike my girlfriend, I have option of playing WITHOUT Fog of War.

Thats enough to get you all started... biggrin.gif

Madmatt

I've been assimilating my girlfriend over the last several months. Started with Private Ryan (of course) a couple years ago and then I started in earnest and snuck Bridge too Far and Das Boot (Directors cut, natch) and Kelly's Heroes into the video roatation. during all 3 movies, we talked about the context of the films. When in New Orleans a couple months ago, we went to the new D-Day museum a couple times.

Well a couple movies later and lots of babbleing on my part, she has expressed interest in trying "that game." It may be becasue of the fact that she's an Aussie lass who majored in American Studies "at uni" and focused on the 20th century

and WWII was defining for the US... In any event, hopefully I'll have a full time hotseat partner...

But then who will cook?

------------------

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" - G.W. Bush, January 2000

[This message has been edited by Compassion (edited 10-30-2000).]

Ah Matt you hit the nail on the head with the Fog of War comment! smile.gif I often wish I could turn that little setting off on my woman. And boy oh boy let me tell you she should come with a light house. We don't argue very often but when it happens I am usually standing there scratching my head wondering what in the hell I did. (Sigh)... if women were only as simple as war.... biggrin.gif

Mord

what is all this talk about women? Don't you know that the best soldiers are single men. Rid yourself of these lustful desires and stick to things that are pure of heart like CM!! Then you will be free at last....er at least that's what I say until my wife gets home...hehe

------------------

"Free your mind!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Compassion:

... In any event, hopefully I'll have a full time hotseat partner...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would watch it Compassion... very bad stuff letting the wife/girlfriend do a hotseat with you...if you let them win..ya.. thats it, ...let them win; they think wow I'm better then my man! hehehe (girly giggle).

But then you have the problem with loudmouthed seacucumbers like germanboy posting these things in the cesspool (bugger him) hehe smile.gif

but.. and I say butwhen you start wining.. they loose interest faster then a mayflies lifespan... maybe even shorter.

Plus sitting there explaining things can make there brains to hot and everyone knows thats a bad thing... flash a shoe catalog and it cools down smile.gif

It's cute though to see her so confused when infantry go from walking (threes) down to (two) then (one) and then ask,

"why are they sleeping?"

*tee hee* then you say

"gee schnuggelbär, thats cuz they are dead or wounded"

"oh?" says the wife

"then show me how this forward thing works"

"forward what?" I says

"ya this artillery guy" replys the wife

"er, what do you want to do with your...WHAT! you bought a 14" FO!!!!!" *my eyes buldging out*

"is that bad?" she replies

"er no.. no not at all.. ok well um lets see, you select where you want him to call in the artillery.. I'll look away while you plot" *sweating now*

"finished!, your turn" she says with a slight evil smile.

"ok, I'll do my orders" (I give orders to my guys to bug out and run like hell.. that will learn her)

*battle goes on for a while and I'm counting the time, I figure I got about 4 minutes till MR. DEATH comes, but ha ha.. I'll move in real close to her, cuz any idiot would not call a arty on thier own position, right? right!?* (you sit down germanboy)

end of story... yup she targeted about 300m infront of her and all hell breaks loose, explosions like I have never ever seen in my life, blowing chunks out of the map and distibuting ample body parts for effect.. women go figure.

------------

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

I showed my girlfriend some new tank mods and she wasn't impressed. But, she did like the trees in the autumn. She calls CM "the WWII game" I'm thinking about getting the one with the cow and the tree.

------------------

Did someone compare this to the Peng thread? I've apologized for less.

-Anonymous