A bit disappointed

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. T:

Wow your right! I mean, not liking CM and all is a little weird I suppose, although still believable. But the 14M being huge thing!

Something strange is going on here.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Huge" is all relative to you modem speed. smile.gif On the 'ol 56K I'd of probably skipped it as well. On cable nothing stops me. biggrin.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Knaust:

oh well guys!...CC2 (CC3 and more are a little ****ty) is completely different from CM...but as a former Cases Ladder #1 I can say that CC2 is a very good adhrenaline game!

No adhrenaline in CM but it is more realistic and can simulate a batallion level battle very well.

So I enjoy playing CC2 as well as CM!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why does everyone prefer CC2 over the others? IMO, I prefered CC4...

Cav

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jäger:

If the game had been in real-time, with the ability to pause and issue orders, I would have loved the game,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's funny. You want a "real time game" but you want to be able to pause it.

Yeah, that's realistic alright. Good grief.

Constant micromangement of each squads actions.

Hey, it's simple. The game is not your cup of tea. Save your $45.

Cav said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Why does everyone prefer CC2 over the others? IMO, I prefered CC4...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my opinion, the CC series is divided up into 2 factions. The same two factions that make up every war gaming crowd...the Action/Explosion faction and the Strategist faction. CC3 is admired by the first group. CC2 is played by the strategists.

Most of us CC2 players were looking for a game that had a better engine (I think this is the correct term.) We loved the playability of the game but there were some major errors in it and Atomic did nothing to fix them as far as putting out patches. Neither did they make a better game the 3rd or 4th time around. Most, if not all of us in the CC2 community are sure they're gonna screw up CC5 too.

So, some of us came over here and happened to find a damn good game. Adaption to CM is hard if you're coming from Planet Real Time but the first step to acceptance is realizing this is a totally different game and must be appreciated in it's own light. I can see how CC2 players could appreciate it more than the players who play CC3 which is basically an arcade game. As for CC4, well, the fact that you can't make your own scenarios was enough to drive me away so I never played it. What the hell was Atomic thinking?

------------------

Everything in moderation...except CM.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

Cav said:

What the hell was Atomic thinking?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See, I never got this. I'd think it'd be pretty tough to modify an engine and make it worse, but somehow they did.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

you know.. and people here will laugh at me for saying this.

But I enjoyed CC4. haven't played it since the CM beta but it was still fun. You just have to judge each game for what it is.

Lorak

------------------

Lorak

Proud commander of the CCT's! Chinchilla Commando Teams

Guest Big Time Software

Ok, time to be closing this one up I think. Turned into a Close Combat bashing thread, which is all too common 'round here smile.gif Plus, I thought I would close it up before Lorak was called all sorts of names by certain folks that have it in for Smilies biggrin.gif

Steve