Peng, I Am Still Taking Our Bloody Challenge Public

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Goatfellator,

You are ugly... I am greatly looking forward to the moment when I can use the deboned flesh of your head as a Hackey Sack™.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to see that that fine old tradition hasn't fallen into the place where things fall into when they are forgotten.

You are an OK guy in our book. However, since you are in our book, you will soon be a Dead Thing. That shouldn't stop you from making a Hackey Sack out of the Goatsweater however.

With Gratitude,

The Old Firm

(Who performed The Hackey Sack of Krakow in 1639)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have accepted Peters surrender and promise to be mericful to the 166 Canadian soldiers that raised their hands and begged for mercy.

Hamsterboy has sent me a very cool looking litle game. I only have 5 King Tigers and 2 companies but I think I will be able to make due.

Germangirl and I are deciding what to play. His second email seemed to come from a deranged person and made little sense. I will chose that battle I suppose.

Peng, stop hiding and send a file. It's been almost a week since I heard from you.

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chupacabra:

Deep inside the murky recesses of The Original Cesspool, a Challenge was issued. It was a brave challenge. It was a bold challenge. It was, dare I say it, a beautiful challenge. And The Challenge was thus:

Come Get Some.

Please contact Chupacabra, the Conquering Lion of Judah for more details.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, as the opening sequence on a 'legend' it's not bad, a little Hollywood for my taste, a little 'low budget Cecile B. Demille', but not as slack as some of the things we've had to sit through.

On the other hand, you simian, I responded to "The Challenge" back when it was placed. I said, in so many words, 'when Giles Goat Boy reaches the nation-sized Theme Park called Limey Land, he might wish to send me a setup so that his insignificance can be put under the proper perspective of losing to the man who Lost to Peng™. I believe I even reiterated that same offer when you arrived, and, after having hobbled away from the surprise I left waiting for you in England in the form of a quick phone call to British Customs, I expected that you would spend a short while discovering that England does not have a telephone system, and after coping with that fact, you would send me back a setup.

Instead, of course, you discovered that there were a number of future 12 Step Programmers there in London with you already, hungering for the ability to pour beer into yourselves until you sloshed, while annoying the others in the Pub with your gibbering laughter, ham-fisted boasts, and talk about things that sounded disturbingly to the older patrons like they might want to call the local station to send around the Specials.

So, Chupacabra, my dearly beloved, lesser-evolved chum. Please send me a setup, not more than 1,500 points, but not less than 900, other parameters left to your discernment, except that I want people to stop forcing me to play in snow. We already do that for months on end. Rule of whatever is fine by me, I actually don't enjoy playing with ubertanks. Seems like people trying to over compensate for certain perceived 'issues', if you know what I mean (Yes, Bauhaus, now you may stand up and chime in).

Now that your Challenge is again posted here in the thread, people may once again be at peace in their beds, except, of course, for those poor souls in your neighbourhood, when you come in late at night yammering about Germanboys, and big guns, and singing drunken snatches of song (doubtless picked up here on the Thread; I rather fancy some of the things I've introduced you too figure prominently), and boasting about your prowess, until they all wish they'd never colonized any place at all.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 10-28-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Berli has been paying me compliments, this means I'm about to die. Don't try to sugarcoat it, Berli, just give it to me straight, it's that sob from Hayward, isn't it? He's gonna shoot me off a barstool, isn't he?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It pains me that you trust my good intentions so little. I assure you that I am as innocent as a daisy on a warm summer day.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Who's for a bit of a Meeksian sing-song, then, eh? <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Quite humerous... made better by me actually recognizing the tune. Now be a good lad and go beat your head against a brick wall<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oooh. Gave it 3 or 4 good wallops, and don't feel at all right. How does Meeks manage to take repeated hits and carry on like rats on several pots of French Roast?

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 10-29-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

Oh, all right! Not an apology, but an acknowledgement.

It was very late, and I was mightily, mightily pissed at the Panther, and was the only way I could yell out my frustration...

Herr Oberst

(still pissed at Panther drivers)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I'm all for the cleansing power of a good shouting session, but that was more like the local tac squad mounting PAs in the 'Pool to broadcast loud ABBA until the resistance of the inhabitants broke down. In any case, carry on.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

All these men, after their marvelous battle with Chrisl, where poor Chrisl suffered a Major Defeat, would be sent to the command of Seanachai and get beaten to death by General Patton, John Wayne and elements of the third army.

So, Lorak, wherever you may be:

Seanachai: Loss

Meeks: Win,

Put a little star by my name, too. You know, just for the hell of it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, indeed, Meeks defeated me. A 'Minor Allied Victory'. My troops, of course, maintained such an incredibly savage and tenacious defense that that was the best Meeks could pull off. This despite his rather bizarre tactic of slowly marching my one captured trooper back towards his fellows in parallel with Meeks's own advance, in what I could only believe was a descent into some form of psychological warfare, or Cesspoolian taunting within the game itself. No little star for Meeks. He shall have to beat me more resoundingly to get the star.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Foobar is beating to death my French troops unmercifully. I should have known not to engage in combat with troops who yell out, in French, "Oh the hopelessness of life!!!" when given a move order at full morale.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I had a long conversation about Sartre with your troopers just before the jump off. Perhaps his take on Existentialism was too depressive for them. They kep muttering things like "Sang Dieu, will he never stop talking, him?" and "Let the boche to be shooting me now, sweet escape, eh?" and "Sartre, a genius is, and so right, hell is other people, we see that here now, do we not?"

I picked a fight with Lewis in the where's Gauchi post. He doesn't have much in the way of intellectual firepower but he has 200mm of stupidity on a 60 degree sloped forehead.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well don't be dragging that back here, goddamnit. And stop using the name. Name not a demon, lest the demon then appear.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 10-29-2000).]

After several busy "days" (as humans reckon time) of walking through the Flames of Hell Itself, saving the world from being consumed by conflagration ahead of schedule, we have deigned to consider again the affairs of mere mortals:

Geier Ain't it a pity when your FO blows his wad and fails to accomplish anything? OTOH, I'm sure you often hear this same complaint from each moose you sleep with.

Gerbiltoy Is that a total intestinal prolapse in your trousers or are you just scared to see me? Stand in place, advance, or cut to the chase and just retreat off the map edge. It matters not, except that some choices may actually force me to wake my troops up, so that they may hurl curses at your departing backsides.

SheepNZbed This is coming down to the wire. I still have 1 Puma in the lead as we enter town and turn onto the home stretch, but you have 2nd through 10th place sewed up. What will the jabos make of this situation?

Speedy At the green flag, both forces charge forward. 2 of Speedy's Pumas are picked off but our columns are now approaching head-on at less than 100m. There is sure to be a nasty wreck bringing out the yellow.

The rest of you eaters-of-other-peoples'-toe-jam, die of jock itch.

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.

Meeks you pompous jerk, how could you bath in the sun of Victory if your opponents had the will of a Lemning and the fighting power of PeeWee Hermann?

You may well be as bold as my typeface but you still owe me a game for the title of King of the Loonies.

Peng is most certainly planning for some of the Tricks he'll do himself on kids that dreadful night of yours and thus is not delivering the Promised and chilling Fight in my kitchen setup.

Here is my take.

Let's do a QB of about 2000Pts, do it in a collaborative play so that we can be teamed together in order to squash the OPFOR also manned by Mix & SquawToon and show them who's the best between them and us.

That will be grand, it will have sents of our teenage days when the only pleasure were self inflicted and when boys had to seek the company of less talented bullied kids to get that zitsed warm feeling of WE BELONG.

No Meeks, stop making me laugh with your posts because, well, I hate it when you grow on me and all.

biggrin.gif

------------------

"PawBroon: Clinically Insane, also Clinically French, which is very bad as well."

Croda

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 10-29-2000).]

Ah, I'm back from trouncing poor Herr Oberst. He hasn't given up but he will be soon. Berli, my dear dear friend, I have not sent you a file as I have had no file from you. Your mind games will not work on me.

I am giving out 30 demerits to Hakko Achooie for telling that rat bastard whose name I cannot speak that he should come back to the Cesspool. Does anyone else find this to be one of the most disgusting things you've ever heard?!?!?!

And it was a minor victory against Seanachai but only because my men, unable to master their bloodlust, left a VL after chopping the defending Germans to little bits.

Yes, dammit I did begin a sentence with "and".

------------------

I've got far more annoying things than that up my sleeve.

-Meeks

You must wear awfully loose shirts to fit an oompah band up your sleeve.

-Chrisl

This just in!!! Right after posting I checked my E-mail (To see if the omnipotent one, Berli the Nasty, had sent me a file) and I discovered this:

Herr Oberst has surrendered, giving me a Major Victory, after destroying his pitiful armor with nothing but Sherman IIs, Sherman Vs, a Churchill XXX and, ahem, a few Fireflies.

Lorak, where are you?

Meeks: Win, again.

Herr Oberst: Loss, oh yeah, one hell of a loss, even though he had crack troops, Panthers, Tigers, a MiG31 and at least three hundred T800s.

------------------

-Meeks

-Chrisl

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Meeks you pompous jerk...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How quaint... our resident Frenchman calling someone else pompous. You, who could be best discribed as insanely pompous. I believe we are due for a rematch. I have a map I'd like to use if you can find someone to purchase troops.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Berlichtingen:

How quaint... our resident Frenchman calling someone else pompous. You, who could be best discribed as insanely pompous.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So true Dan.

Takes one to catch one as the saying goes...

My Native support of French pomposity goes far beyond than your puny attempts to emulate it.

I'm pompous to the kernel, I'm born pompous.

And all of that pomposity qualifies me as a Master of Pompous & Circumstances.

biggrin.gif

So, yes Meeks is POMPOUS.

Mind you it's a drastic improvement over you who are mereley PATHETIC.

Now that's a cue if I ever saw one.

I believe we are due for a rematch. I have a map I'd like to use if you can find someone to purchase troops.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arsonistingen, knowing you that map will be Hellish and full of adverse condition.

As if playing you wasn't adverse in itself...

But beware, NOW is my turn to do the setup.

And no matter what or how, you'll never be {Insert all that you're lacking} enough to finally get the best over me...

------------------

"PawBroon: Clinically Insane, also Clinically French, which is very bad as well."

Croda

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 10-29-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

So to my allegiance, I've once more returned

and my former rebellion I thoroughly spurn.

Peng, Seanachai, Berli, have promised me this

that upon those below me I surely may...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn it Meeks! ( wipes head clean ) I wish you would stop doing that.

It's all your fault Seanachai, you shouldn't encourage him like that.

------------------

Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kumbaya:

I suck and do not have a life, therefore I would like to challenge each and everyone of you because I like to get a good kicking. And my laptop is broken, but I still think it is better to spend less money on a Dell that breaks easily than on an iBook that works. That's the kind of moron I am. Chumbabumba, aka the vomiting Scion of Losa

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

South of Sword, you get the Germans. Send me a setup whenever the sorry excuse for a computer you own is in a state to do what it is supposed to do. God they talk about sustainbable product design and let Dell continue to screw their customers. The state we're in.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 10-29-2000).]

Hmmph. Time for some game updates.

First off, I have started a game with he-who-is-not-to-be-named. It's a scenario and I think he's already played as the Germs, at least a few turns. I'm the US and attacking. I hope to tear of his head and us his decaying body as a porta-potty.

Herr Oberst

Well I think i'm loosing this one. Swarmed by light armor I can't hold back his horde.. He should have rolled over and lost like a gentleman

JD Morse

Just surrender damn it, Sir. Sorry for being insolent. O well, I guess 10 or 15 turns of hunting down the last of his men and executing them will be good for the men's amusement. The snowy battlefield is littered with men and machines.

Chupamonkey

One dead pilbox, more dead Germans to come, i'm sure.

Elvis

Yes I surrendered. The sheer boredom of it all became too much and I faced total mental collapse as each turn sucked up my hard drive space and attention

Meeks

Rather fun watching green troops and tanks shoot at each other. Miss.. Miss.. Miss.. Miss.. O well.

GermanGrandad

Well I surrendered in one training match, and I'm currently routing him in a second. Huzah!

PawBLOODYFRENCHIE

He has a lot of support vehicles, but no troops. I have a lot of troops and smoke. So i'm holding the town, but for how long? Come and fight like a man, damn it!

Bullethead

Hah! Race leader taken out by my Daimler! wooo! Now I have about 4 chances of getting to the finish line. The scatering of his imobile vehicles is rather amusing and the RAF are busy trying to clean them up for me, good lads.

Think that's it

PeterNZ

Ha HA!!! Yes, Pawbroon, that sounds like the battle to end all battles. It should be equal parts SS & VG vs. Equal Parts Canuck and Brit. Set it up and get the first half of the turn to me, you buy the German schtuff and I'll grab the Limey things, eh.

PeterNZer is getting better but he doesn't seem to understand that green and conscript troops cannot engage in long range combat, so I think I have one this one. As his piss pour pansies try to assault my position, they shall be turned back like a midget trying to get onto a rollercoaster.

------------------

-Meeks

-Chrisl

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Meeks:

Ha Ha!!! Yes, PawBroon, that sounds like the battle to end all battles.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad you loved the idea but does that mean we actually won't play since you

De Facto acknowledged the decadence and weirdness of the frogs by subscribing to it?

b.gif

Naah.

We got to play that one since IIRC, nobody on the Pool had ever beaten

himself in a QB helped by the very same impish Hamster he was supposed to

crush in the first place...

How do you propose we do that one?

The planning the turn together might prove a bit horrendous, thus here is my

suggestion.

I buy the SS & assorted VG for a Combined Arms thingy.

I save the turn with PAWBROON as a password.

You then buy Canucks & Limeys and save the turn as MEEKS.

Then I play MEEKS and you play PAWBROON.

Hence we will play both sides without going as far as planning together.

Mind you it might be interresting as some TRPs and shelling mission might

end on the wrong side on the map once the swapping is done.

biggrin.gif

How loony is that for a challenge pray tell?

Give me your input and we'll go from there.

BTW, Lorak poor sod, you have been therefore forewarned to find a suitable system ranking who will be credited for a win against himself in that Challenge...

------------------

Croda

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

Who's for a bit of a Meeksian sing-song, then, eh?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

God,that was sooooooo funny, pure genius, BRAVO. I have copied those lyrics, and will pass them out to all to sing on New years Eve (accompanied by the bagpipes of course)

Made me feel quite homesick (sob, sob)

Can we have some more pleaseeeeeee.

biggrin.gif

------------------

"That's Mizz Chihuahua to you, buddy."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterNZer:

Hmmph. Time for some game updates.

Insert insignifcant people here

Think that's it

PeterNZ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good. That means we really haven't started playing yet, have we?

I was starting to wonder if you would ever get around to actually attacking.

------------------

Johan

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett

Goatmolester:

A file with your name on it is winging its way through the ether as we speak.

Die a lot now.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University