Hey Lurkers!

Guest TURBO

Most of the time only 1 or 2 times a weekend. Just got some time off from work, already checked it out 6 times today. I think i checked out the board for 2 months before i ever joined.

[This message has been edited by TURBO (edited 06-09-2000).]

Well, I'm not Lurker. wink.gif

Hell, when the board went down over Memorial Day and I had to re-register, I became a member again in just two days.

Does being a lurker reflect on the personality? confused.gif I mean I don't know. frown.gif Is it that you don't have much to say, or is that you lack the experience or knowledge of the subject?? confused.gif

Not trying to be an asshole, just wondering how you can "lurk" over a BBS for so long and not participate? I've registered on several other BBS's and I've only made a few posts, but I don't hang out at them either.

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

Well, I was a lurker for about 6 months before I posted anything. Now I still have a total of only about 10 posts. I post when I feel like I have something to contribute, but will admit that I didn't always feel like I had the knowledge of WW II or experience with CM to say anything useful. Silence isn't always a bad thing...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Well, I'm not Lurker. wink.gif

Not trying to be an asshole, just wondering how you can "lurk" over a BBS for so long and not participate<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I read the board probably about 2 to 3 times a day, and have done so since I discovered CM:BO. And this is probably only my fourth post. I find I learn a lot about the game, and tactics, by reading posts from the more experienced and learned contributors (not to be confused with the most prolific, althought the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive).

I believe BTS have a lot more pre-orders than just from regular posters. From BTS's perspective I'd guess lurkers are considered to be participating.

A number of friends of mine have found out about the game through me, engaged in PBEM's with me, and also pre-ordered the game.

There are three aspects to this CM:BO experience which I most appreciate and enjoy:

1) The game itself (obviously),

2) The accessibility and responsiveness of Steve and Charles, and

3) The maturity, intelligence, creativity, humour and generosity of the majority of contributors to this board.

Reasons enough to hang around and feel like I am participating. Are Lurkers participants? I reckon so. Even regular posters need someone to read their posts!

Ober

------------------

"Them Yankees couldn't hit the broa..."

Lurking since about November, I think.

Ober summed up the Lurker's Manifesto rather well, I thought. Normally I would read that, nod, and move to another topic. However, in the name of Lurker Solidarity, I hereby acknowledge that I have read and do greatly appreciate this thread.

I started lurking at the Big Time Software web page back when Combat Mission was going to be Computer Squad Leader. I'd been so impressed with their WW2 air combat games that I couldn't wait to see Computer Squad Leader. Next thing you know, Computer Squad Leader has become Combat Mission...

I pre-ordered shortly after the Beta Demo was released, and finally overcame my deep seated feeling of paranoia and started posting to the board.

I am still Lurker, even with quite a few posts under my belt.

-Lurker

Guest KarlXII

Hey!

I'm a two month lurker who just got home to his proper computer and downloaded the gold demo during the night.

AWESOME!! I'm nearly scoring a flawless victory as the amis in CE. smile.gif

------------------

Fire for effect!