How many of you use Gunslinger's mods?

I use them all. I tried them when they were first released, but I didn't like them. When Magua released his building mods I gave Gunslinger's another chance, and now I love them. They take a little getting used to, but they look so much more realistic.

Oh, yeah, I don't use the soldier or vehicle mods, so I guess it is just the terrain ones - ground, trees, etc.

[This message has been edited by Pvt. Ryan (edited 11-07-2000).]

DAWN.jpg

FOG.jpg

dawn_magua.jpg

summer_shermIII.jpg

A lot of folks including myself are using Gunslingers Mods. They were leading the way for a lot of Mods which try to give Combat MissionĀ“s terrain a more photolike look.

Look at Garry Kumps site for an impression how they look and how they change the game towards a more natural "look&feel"

http://www.gkump.com/cm/Terrain/Gunslinger/gunslinger.htm

http://www.gkump.com/cm/Terrain/Kump/kump_terrain.htm

http://www.gkump.com/cm/Terrain/Magua/magua_terrain.htm

The best way is to use GunslingerĀ“s Mods except vehicles and soldiers and combine them with Maguas Buildings, Kump's Terrain Mods and my soon to be released grass mod and new hedgerow/hedge Mod which you can see above wink.gif

Cheers

Helge

------------------

Sbelling chequed wyth MICROSOFT SPELLCHECKER - vorgs grate!

- The DesertFox -

Email: TheDesertFox@gmx.net

WWW: http://www.geocities.com/desertfox1891

oh yeah!

Gunslinger's are a great base, but then add some other mods too, Mangua's buildings are Amazing, I have blended the two.

What Gunslinger did was HUGE, he tweaked EVERY single .bmp file and toned them all down, other mod makers have taken it from there.

The terrain and buildings now look really stunning, and the vehicles which have all been modded many different ways all look GREAT now too!

-tom w

I have to admit, after initially being skepticle, I went ahead and used all but the soldiers and vehicles. I'm a satisified Gunslinger mod man now. smile.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

I use the gunslinger mods! Or did everyone already know that.

I'm looking forward to trying out DesertFox mods.

I wish I didn't have a job, I have so much work to do at home! But one must eat. Too bad one can't survive on CM alone frown.gif

felixgrey,

DesertFox gave the links for gunslinger page above. On that page, you will find mention of an FTP server. Click on it and you should get a list of gunslinger mods for downloads. NOTE: The FTP server is only available after business hours on weekdays (EST) and all weekend.

------------------

Garry Kump

Kump's CM Outpost

I use a mix of various mods. I started with Gunslinger's basic toned down textures for Grass and trees. Most of gunslinger's other textures were not much better than the originals and the fire I actually thought looked worse. Of course, I'm not trying to sound critical, but just stating my preferences. I then added the even darker decidous trees by kump. I also use a mix of Mangua's buildings (which I modified to include doors on the correct facings and other small features) with a mix of other buildings from the original game that don't look quite as cartoon like (i.e. the half timber buildings.) Mangua's stuff is great, but I didn't like the repetition of textures just mixed up to represent various buildings and you lost the difference depicted graphically between heavy and light buildings. In my current setup, none of that is a problem.

Throw in a bunch of vehicles, uniform mods, faces, etc and you have my current setup. Some of the above I also modified to suite my own tastes.

pritzl

The key mods I use are (and I use lot's of others):

Gunslinger's,

Magua's,

MDMP-1 and MDMP-2,

Marcos'

(and of course mine) rolleyes.gif

The great thing is that I've still got lot's more to play with and try out. But those are the big ones.

Gordon