The Peng Thread

I can't take the time to read through Speedy's post, so can someone tell me what it's all about? Thanks for your help.

David

------------------

...the pilot was able to circle and make a safe belly landing. According to O'Neal, 'this guy jumped out and ran up to me, shouting, "Give me a gun, quick! I know right where that Kraut s.o.b. is and I'm gonna get him".'

David - It is a thread asking what goes on in another thread. If you like, I can open another thread to discuss this thread about the other thread, but I fear this might get confusing smile.gif

Maybe if we write bigger letters you can read through the entire post ? smile.gif

(no offense meant)

Oy Scottish Cartoonist!

The merry tone of your post was lost on those one...

If someone could post a thread about that particular point.

Then maybe it could be locked since some perverts are thrieving on reading those.

Now D, get back to your graph pad and cook us them funnies.

------------------

Will you trade your Peng for a box of Seanachai?

Wow, someone who actually sounds vaguely interested in what I do. Maybe I won't kill myself after all.

Since this is a pointless thread, I'll take the opportunity to point out that everybody should buy Radiohead's latest record immediately.

David

Founding member, Legion of the Damned

------------------

...the pilot was able to circle and make a safe belly landing. According to O'Neal, 'this guy jumped out and ran up to me, shouting, "Give me a gun, quick! I know right where that Kraut s.o.b. is and I'm gonna get him".'

We all ready have a division of labor...sort of.

Peng...Well.. His job is being Peng, and fighting off the smiley hordes that try to bring a ray of light into our darkened dwelling.

Seanachai... Hum, I guess his job is to try to belong to every country at once, and keep us enthralled by his story telling. (Keeps us occupied and out of the forum proper)

Hamster/Meeks...I really have no idea of his purpose. Basically he acts as a target when we get together and need to lash out and hit someone with a brick.

Berli... Master of darkness and all things evil (if you have ever had the misfortune of playing on one of his maps you truly know hell).

Mark IV... His job is to actually bring a little knowledge into the pool. You can sometimes see him taking part in threads that are actually useful.

Germanboy...He seems to be the best player in the pool, (not that that says anything). Also acts as an axis spy in England.

David Aitkin... While as far as I know not actually playing anyone in the pool... He does provide comic relief in pictures.

Joe Shaw... Psychological warfare captain, Mormon wives. nuff said.

Moriarty... other than a cool name, a nice fellow who PBEM's giving others a chance to win.

Elvis... Has seen Peng in real life. nuff said

Pawbroon... everyone's club needs a French man to make fun of.

Chupacabra.. Resident goat sucker

Goanna/Joanna...jury still out on this one.

Bauhaus...Same as above, I believe they PBEM to see who gets the skirt this week.

Hakko Ichiu... hamster x. Heads up our rodent genetics research lab.

GI Tom... The Git is kind of quite, but speaks volumes on the field of battle.

jdmorse...Seems to know a bit about law. So we keep him in there as our public service.

And Me

Lorak... I'm just an idiot in search of a village. Seem to double as a scribe, by sorting through the garbage err. Rhetorical wit of the thread, and tallying wins, loses, games in progress ect.

Special thanks to Mairead Ni Mhaonaigh of Altan. For showing us that even in the darkest reaches of this pool there is still beauty in this world.

Lastly but well... least.

Our misbegotten children. The Squires who joust for our amusement. They're only goal in life to become one of us. So the general public too can loathe them.

Thank you for your time.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

[This message has been edited by Lorak (edited 10-04-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jadayne:

Member A: You're lame and I can kick your ass.

Member B: No, YOU'RE lame and I can kick YOUR ass.

Now, repeat 1300 times

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly why it's not athread I care to read. Is there any way to block a thread I don't want to see anymore?

question.

Feel free to flame.

Why does that thread bother people so much?

Do people believe we don't take CM seriously enough? Considering a lot of us have been playing CM about a year now, Are active in the CMMC, Hell even two of the writers for the CMMC/CPX newsletter are in our thread. I can't see this argument. All of us there are very serious about CM. What is wrong with us thinking that CM should be fun too?

When you consider the number of games that come out of there, we have also saved the board about 100 "looking for PBEM" threads also.

I just don't understand the loathing people have for us, when all it is, is one thread listed out of about 10,000 that you don't even have to click on.

Really I'm looking for an honest answer. Why do people think we are so bad?

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wince:

Exactly why it's not athread I care to read. Is there any way to block a thread I don't want to see anymore?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wince: It hurts when I do that.

Doctor: Don't do that.

Seriously, the 'Pool is for CM PBEM junkies through and through. We take our games seriously, whip 'em up with some rhetoric, and laugh about whatever we can. Most of us got our $50 worth out of this sucker before the game was even released, and we can hardly believe the luck, that we don't have to keep dropping quarters to have this much fun.

Every so often some cop tries to scatter the kids pitching pennies behind the gas station (during school hours, no less), but we just form back up and start more games. So as we say in the Cesspool...

...nah, fuggedaboutit. smile.gif just for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wince:

Exactly why it's not athread I care to read. Is there any way to block a thread I don't want to see anymore?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Wincey, you could always burn your eyes out with a hot poker. If that is too dramatic, you could try looking away quickly if you think the thread might appear. A rather haphazard approach would be to not click on the thread.

Of course, these are not the only avenues of self-censorship available to you. Try browsing the forum with your monitor turned off. Very effective.

OberGrupenStompinFeuhrer

PS: Lorak, I think the Peng thread totally sucks because anyone who contributes to a thread over 2300 posts long is probably enjoying themselves - and most likely without permission or in an approved manner. How can you possibly be serious about CM when you are so obviously enjoying yourself? That's one of those thingies, you know, a moronic-ox or somefink.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jadayne:

Member A: You're lame and I can kick your ass.

Member B: No, YOU'RE lame and I can kick YOUR ass.

Now, repeat 1300 times

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, perhaps shorn of the literary references to everything from popular fiction, to norse sagas, to Dumas; stripped of the merry name-calling and gratuitous insults, taunts, ripostes, and humorous caricatures; and finally, ignoring the panáche and élan of the posters who represent a sometimes vulgar, sometimes posing, but always wonderfully receptive gang of enthusiasts who've built a community of PBEMers, I guess that might be an otherwise pointless characterization of the Thread. The Cliff Notes version rarely touches on anything truly significant about a thing, but does try to make it accessible to those who want to get on reading People magazine and watching Big Brother. wink.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

You stay out of it J Porta [pushes porta roughly aside] Wince is the goose who's look'in to get cooked..

Its jealousy, pure n simple, you want to come play with the big boys, but are afraid of what we might say to you, what personal observations we may make of you and what fun we may make of those funny little things you do with yourself when you thinks theres no-one looking.....

Entering the cesspool is a risky business young quince, the odds are against you but the rewards are great, well no, not really but anyway...oh fuggit...I'm bored with you, just go do what OGSF says.

The people who post in the Peng thread are not "bad" people. I have sat at their feet and listened to many many tales of their battles. I have cleaned their armor, sharpened their swords, and have mucked out their stables. They don't tip me or even say nice things to me, but they don't kick me. (much) One day, I hope to grow up and be just like them. "I may look like this now, but I'm drinking milk."

Respectully,

Hiram Sedai

Squire to the Cesspool Bard

"To live is to grovel"

{Exactly why it's not a thread I care to read. Is there any way to block a thread I don't want to see anymore }

IS THIS GUY FOR REAL? :confused

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YK2:

{Exactly why it's not a thread I care to read. Is there any way to block a thread I don't want to see anymore }

IS THIS GUY FOR REAL? :confused<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe he should try Prozac, that is supposed to block reality quite nicely.

------------------

Andreas