SURVEY number 2

after the game started shipping....4-5 days, maybe a week.

can't remember....played too many scenarios biggrin.gif

paid by CC

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

[This message has been edited by pathfinder (edited 07-12-2000).]

Not to bash the company, but the shipping thing seems little out of whack.

Seems like it takes entirely too long for the game to arrive.

From my bill i see that they charge in the range of 8$ for shipping. For that price they could have send it second day mail to me and still make profit.

Ordered the second day after downloading demo. That was last friday. Still waiting..

------------------

Pre-Ordered, received in very timely fashion (3 days or so) of card having been charged. For those whose only experience with shipping is going to the PO and checking Priority Mail rates: that $3.20 is only postage charges. Shipping charges are "Postage & Handling". BTS uses a fulfillment company to actually do their shipping, and that means that the Lion's share of their 'shipping' charges are paying someone else to do the physical labour of packaging, addressing, and postaging the product. Just the possession of a mailing permit/meter is a major expense of people who do this sort of thing. For those who feel 'UPS could have done it cheaper', they have their own fees, minimums, and requirements, and for a package this size, the USPS was the most economical, time efficient way to go. For those who think it could have been sent 2nd Day Air for $8 and still been at a 'profit', you know F***-all about shipping. The reality of air-shipping charges aside, please keep in mind that BTS has to pay a company to ship their product. BTS's shipping fees seem completely in line to me, and I've worked in the mail order/shipping business for over 10 years.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Ordered July 99. CC charged 20/6/2000. Game shipped 21/06/2000. Recieved 10/07/2000. They sad it should take around 10 days (to Australia)- 19 days is not that bad.

------------------

I'm always in the ****, it's only the depth that varies.