A happy note for the Aussies out there

Guest KwazyDog

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackwood of Melbourne reported getting his this arvo....

Has to be tomorrow, I'm out of the office Friday - I bet Murphy's law comes in and it arrives when I'm away....

Anyway hoping for joy tomorrow.

Reg's

Fen

I feel like I have been bracketed.

First CM lands wide of OT across the ditch to Crocky in NZ. Tuesday on line OT but misses long, CM lands north on KwazyDog at the GoldCoast. Wednesday CM drops short, lands south on Blackwood in Melbourne. The next splash has to be in Sydney on Thursday, on target after only three adjusting shipments.

Fire for Effect smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Hiya guys.

Just thought youd all like to know that apparently I have recieved my full version of CM today. I *believe* that my version was sent out about the same time as you guys had yours sent out (well, if you were in the first run, which should be all pre-orders from what Ive read), so Id expect to see if soon if you dont recieve it today.

Yay wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, given that you're on the Coast, I'd expect we should get ours within the next two days.

Just think, you're only an hour and a half away from Stuka and me. Hope we get it by the weekend smile.gif Otherwise you might get some people peering through your windows. wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuka:

It's gonna be a bit hard to concentrate on that with a whole world of new scenarios to explore.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Given the pace, I think we could play more than one smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>all I could do was watch in horror when WHAM! that lovely anti tank gun fired 1 shot only and nailed him a beauty!

God I can hardly wait for the next turn!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exciting isn't it? I could swear he was out of your firing arc (the reason for the hurry), I guess it doesn't pay to underestimate that bunker. frown.gif

Sgt Rock, I don't know Macksville but if it is near the coast it will have changed a lot.

That whole coast area north of sydney is pretty popular because of the surf, climate and that its close to Sydney.

I spent a bit of time in Broulee (a village) on the south east coast in the mid seventies and it is now almost unrecogniseable.

Get out the hanky, Sgt. Rock.

There is no small town on the north coast near Sydney called Macksville. Either it was swallowed up by something else or they changed the name since the 70's. If you have any other details, like what beach it was near (Dee Why, Manly, Curl Curl, Mona Vale) I can probably give you some more current details. Also, how far north like north of the Hawkesburyy River?

Surely if it is close it is no longer an isolated small town as there is development all the way up to the Hawkesbury and beyond. You wouldn't recognise the place from teh 70's.

------------------

desert rat wannabe

Dallas, SGT Rock and Goanna,

Macksville is up near Coff's Harbour on the NSW north coast. Its developed a little but its nowhere near as bad as Surfer's Paradise (for the Yanks Surfers is like Miami but the average age is under 40).

Dee Why etc are suburbs of Sydney, Macksville would be about 650km north of Sydney.

------------------

Regards,

Mark:-{)

Anxiously awaiting the G4 PowerBook

[This message has been edited by gibsonm (edited 07-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by gibsonm (edited 07-06-2000).]

its in MELBOURNE ,yes got my copy today must be our new GST system .melbourne now gets its mail 10 % faster yahoooooo im off to play .it cant be far from everyone else in oz im betting friday its going to be there

cheers

hey there Speedy ,waffen is north of melbourne . if you drop in for a cold one you will miss your CM arrival smile.gif.it wont be to far now so start to D/L the Patch and any Mods and extra maps etc .that will keep you busy till CM get to your door.i wish you all the best with it getting there friday

cheers mate

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by waffen:

hey there Speedy ,waffen is north of melbourne . if you drop in for a cold one you will miss your CM arrival smile.gif.it wont be to far now so start to D/L the Patch and any Mods and extra maps etc .that will keep you busy till CM get to your door.i wish you all the best with it getting there friday

cheers mate <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris

You rat, I ordered before you. You will pay a terrible price for this queue jumping next ICQ game, if CM ever gets delivered in Sydney that is frown.gif

Does anyone know if the PO is open saturday?

because if the postie can't fit the bag/box in my letter box all I'm gonna get is one of those "collect parcel" notes. I could'nt cope knowing the game had been to my front gate but gone away again for the weekend.....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goanna:

Pacestick -

You should be in luck today, buddy. I got mine at the office today (mail came early for once too).

It's finally going to be a good weekend.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good Onya

You lucky bugger, I had a false start. I heard the postie drive past but when I went out no CM and lots of bitter disappointment.

Then I noticed him on the other side of the road which meant he will do my side in about half an hour so I still have hope of getting the game today.