A request for BTS.....

Guest Captain Manieri

Guest Captain Manieri

I was just wondering.....plus it would mean a lot to me if, when the game comes out, could Steve and Charles autograph the box of my copy of CM? Come on guys, how about it?? confused.gif

[This message has been edited by Captain Manieri (edited 02-02-2000).]

I don't know if they'll even pass through their fingers but what a cool.gif idea. To take it a step further, the first xxx # preordered copies filled get signature copies of the game. They could become collector items! biggrin.gif

------------------

He who gets there the fastest with the mostest wins.

Um guys...

I doubt very much it will be boxed, and frankly, don't care if it is. A signed manual would be cool...remember in the world of computer games, the box usually has the most cost associated to it. [Old person mode on] Yeppers, I can remember when games came in zip lock baggies [Old person mode off]

rune

I preordered five months ago. I would rather have my manual signed by Steve and Charles than the free poster. smile.gifsmile.gif

Jason

------------------

Board member since 9/99 with 340 posts. I'm a member, dammit!! biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by guachi (edited 02-02-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colin:

Hmmmm... I should probably order soon...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What, YOU HAVEN'T ORDERED YET!!! eek.gif

What is this world coming to? confused.gif

------------------

Teutonic

Ps. Just trying to get my post count up wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Teutonic (edited 02-02-2000).]

I think it would be a lot classier if Steve and Charles had solid silver Shermans made with a baseplate reading: "To Capt. Manieri [or whoever]: We couldn't have completed CM without you. Love, Steve & Charles." It could either be given to the first 5,000 people to order, or maybe you could buy it for a small fee....

Or wait a minute [becoming excited], what if the first five guys to order could actually spend a week with first Steve and then Charles, get to see where they work, meet whatever family is still with them after their years of dedication to programming, take a ride in that strange vehicle, sleep in their bed (assuming that Steve/Charles have a couch or something to sleep on) eat what they eat, watch them watch tv, etc. Wow! Waaaaay cool!

I'm sorry...I'll preorder soon I promise...in time for it to still be a preorder!!! I don't know what this world is coming to either!!!

Yeah we should get to visit Steve and Charles!!! That would rock!! Doesn't Steve have a G4? Maybe if I bring a big enough suitcase I can fit it in. Then I can make a nice escape on that Weasel of their's.

But seriously I think that them signing our copies is unrealistic. Mainly because my copy probably won't get signed. frown.gif

------------------

Visit my webpage!

http://cm4mac.tripod.com

I don't know how BTS does it, but most of the software companys I've delt with professionally utilize "Fulfillment" companies who actually do the nasty business of filling orders and shipping inventory. I doubt Steve and Charles et al, will be anywhere near the completed product once production commences. It would still be cool. Hell, I wouldn't mind a copy signed by Manieri!

Zamo

How about this, I will handle all the shipping, signing, etc. through my company here in Oz so that (a) you can have your CD signed copy as a collectors item, and (B) me and all the Kiwis get our copy of CM as early as all the yanks.

------------------

desert rat wannabe

Just got one problem there Lt.Bull, many of us aren't yanks, nor are we rebs either. Where I come from we routinely get deer running around our downtown core jumping into stores and such.

Oz is the most disturbingly interesting show on television. If you can get past all of the sudden nudity that is...

Guest Mikeman

Awhile back there was a thread where someone suggested Capt. Manieri for CM forum mascot. I thought to myself, what would he get for the distinction? I think an autographed manual for the young Capt. Manieri would be ideal.

Mikeman out.